The New Raith Rovers Thread

Really don't think Blair Henderson is all that. Might sound daft but I think it's just been one of they seasons for him. Capable of doing well in L1 but not good enough for Raith or Alloa imo.

Still probably be our best striker though if he was at us...

There’s no difference being able to play in L1 and play for Raith.

1 hour ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Yeah,FFP

It is a strange ratio as in the main were going to be full time.No mention of youths only that the club hopes to run with 3 modern apprentices

Currently 12 players contracted for next year but right now McGlynn doesnt know which of them will be here.Negotiating still to be done.He says strikers are a priority having lost a couple

Outwith the playing squad priorities for next season are,expanding 200 club capacity,improving corporate hospitality,relaunch player development fund,also plans to install changing facilities for commercial letting,sort the water supply and make improvements to the Railway Stand(why)and last but not least promotion go the Championship :lol:

All this with a deficit of 1.4 mill

Should be buying smaller nets and getting 7 a side/fun 4’s tournaments in the go at the weekends.

I've been a member of this for a while now, but its not as it was initially laid out - initially it was to contribute towards the youth/development team, which no longer exists. They are pretty much doing away with this are they not?  As a current member I was sent a consultation paper on a rebranded version of this, in which some money might go towards wages of players and the rest will go to running costs of the club and stadium. 

I would consider contributing to a player fund to help improve the quality of players but if it's going towards the running of the club / stadium I wouldn't be so keen and think that may put people off.

3 hours ago, Beastie Russell said:

Should be buying smaller nets and getting 7 a side/fun 4’s tournaments in the go at the weekends.

And then Raith can take part and maybe actually win something...

I would consider contributing to a player fund to help improve the quality of players but if it's going towards the running of the club / stadium I wouldn't be so keen and think that may put people off.

So would I, I wouldn’t be happy if the money was going towards improvements to the stadium. That’s what the owners of the stadium do.

If I recall correctly, the proposed rebranding was funding would to be split between first team wages, youth development team wages, and football operating costs, and after a certain level of funding reached, money could then be spent on projects determined by the board, which covered a variety of things like IT, turnstiles, stadium improvements etc.

If I recall correctly, the proposed rebranding was funding would to be split between first team wages, youth development team wages, and football operating costs, and after a certain level of funding reached, money could then be spent on projects determined by the board, which covered a variety of things like IT, turnstiles, stadium improvements etc.

That’s a better explanation GZ, if it was do able I’d certainly do something. £10 a month going forward would certainly appeal to all supporters if the board could implement a strategy that we can all get on board with

I know it's not the first priority atm, but has anyone heard anything regarding our new kit? I'd heard at the last launch at the Strathearn that we were no longer being supplied by Genesis Sports, who do the Puma kits for us as they were asking the club to buy huge quantities at a time. I believed we were looking at Macron, as far as I was led to believe. 

13 minutes ago, Holy Marv said:

Insider information tells me Kevin Nesbit to be announced for Dunfermline in the coming days...

Had heard Ayr myself, but it doesn't matter as no way he'd be sticking around league 1 after the season he's had. Needs to try his luck higher.