The New Raith Rovers Thread

Perhaps a radical idea like getting the club shop properly run and stocked might make the club some money, agree with Graeme P about the lack of a coherent strategy and promotion from the club is typical.   

Yup this is s frustrating part of the club for me as we’re really bad at merchandising, we offer a very small range and while I appreciate we don’t want to order things we then can’t shift (over ordering a current playing top) and get left with it to sell at reduced prices. We should be marketing as much as we can on things that don’t expire each season. Anything not season specific with say just the club badge or landmark moments (Celtic, Bayern, 125 Years, Trophy wins) don’t date and fans will always buy. We should also look at selling signed memorabilia in my opinion as again it doesn’t really lose value if the shirt is a previous seasons as fans will buy this kind of thing for framing (possibly sell them framed, do a deal with a local store). Doesn’t take long for the players especially the F/T ones to sign a few shirts and balls.

17 hours ago, grumswall said:
17 hours ago, kirkcaldybanjo111 said:
So full timers train during the day and the hybriders train at night so the team will only meet up on matchdays.Somebody tell me how this works.

The full timers will train with the part timers on the days they are in. On the days the part timers are not in, they will train with the youth players etc.

So the hybrid system will consist of 5 part timers and 16 full timers,first team squad reduced from 28 to 21 which will be supplemented with loanees if finances allow

Edited by Rovers_Lad

21 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Yup this is s frustrating part of the club for me as we’re really bad at merchandising, we offer a very small range and while I appreciate we don’t want to order things we then can’t shift (over ordering a current playing top) and get left with it to sell at reduced prices. We should be marketing as much as we can on things that don’t expire each season. Anything not season specific with say just the club badge or landmark moments (Celtic, Bayern, 125 Years, Trophy wins) don’t date and fans will always buy. We should also look at selling signed memorabilia in my opinion as again it doesn’t really lose value if the shirt is a previous seasons as fans will buy this kind of thing for framing (possibly sell them framed, do a deal with a local store). Doesn’t take long for the players especially the F/T ones to sign a few shirts and balls.

Have always thought about this. Easy way to make money, sign some shirts and balls etc. and raffle them off. Fiver a ticket and you'd imagine you'd get 100-200 which is a decent amount to raise. Even if only 20-30 people buy a ticket, you've covered the cost of a couple of shirts and balls anyway. That may be a bit too easy for the board though.

24 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

So the hybrid system will consist of 5 part timers and 16 full timers,first team squad reduced from 28 to 21 which will be supplemented with loanees if finances allow

That in the FFP? Strange ratio, obviously wasn't expecting it to be entirely the other way around since we still have 11 FT guys on the books, but still seems like a mostly full time squad with a few choice additions. Wait.... the youths aren't  being counted in the FT bracket are they?

Edited by renton

16 full timers is decent to be fair but I would imagine we could bring more part timers if they were the right players at the expense of a full timers place.

Also the club shop has been dire for years it should be run by the club professionally as it is a wasted oplortunity all round.

So a grossly large squad is being reduced to 21 players. Joke No1 was allowing the manger to be allowed to buy so many players in the first place.

I'm sure Ali More hinted in his interview that McGlynn would have some wiggle room as to the split but I would guess they will still want day to day involvement with as many players as possible. If we can get 5 quality part-timers in that should be a decent enough number. 

I'm assuming since it's two days since any announcements were made that all other out of contract players have been offered new deals....

54 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

W are bringing out a commemorative top to mark 25 years since the Coca Cola cup win this year.

21 minutes ago, Mr.Reeee said:

I was hoping we'd have announced Lyness was away by now tbh

He was signed with an option to extend if we got promoted so I assumed he would be one of the first out the door.

McGlynn must be trying to keep him on the back of his display on Saturday...

Looks like we'll have to wait a bit to see who else is staying.

McGlynn is about to take a holiday but has already started work on next season’s squad, though it has thrown up some difficulties.

“It’s been a wee bit awkward because we are two weeks behind other teams and players, within a day or two of the last match, took off on holiday without giving us a chance to speak to them,” he said.

“I would rather speak to the players individually and in the best case situation, face-to-face, but I’ve not always been able to do it.

“So that’s why we phoned Chris Duggan on Sunday before he went off on holiday on Monday to tell him we wouldn’t be renewing his contract.

Added to that, Nat Wedderburn, Liam Buchanan and Nathan Flanagan fall into that category.

“There is still negotiating to be done. We have 12 players who were contracted to be here next year as well, but right now we don’t know which of them will be here.

https://www.fifetoday.co.uk/sport/football/raith-rovers-boss-mcglynn-looks-to-shore-up-his-defence-for-next-season-1-4933042

Dom Thomas would be a good signing for most, if not all, Championship clubs.
Blair Henderson has been linked with Alloa.
Either of those would be outstanding bits of business for the Rovers. I'd be surprised and impressed if either comes to fruition.

Since the source came from an East Fife fan. It was good piece of trolling. Bless ya sirscottyoung, well played

1 hour ago, renton said:

That in the FFP? Strange ratio, obviously wasn't expecting it to be entirely the other way around since we still have 11 FT guys on the books, but still seems like a mostly full time squad with a few choice additions. Wait.... the youths aren't  being counted in the FT bracket are they?

Yeah,FFP

It is a strange ratio as in the main were going to be full time.No mention of youths only that the club hopes to run with 3 modern apprentices

Currently 12 players contracted for next year but right now McGlynn doesnt know which of them will be here.Negotiating still to be done.He says strikers are a priority having lost a couple

Outwith the playing squad priorities for next season are,expanding 200 club capacity,improving corporate hospitality,relaunch player development fund,also plans to install changing facilities for commercial letting,sort the water supply and make improvements to the Railway Stand(why)and last but not least promotion go the Championship :lol:

All this with a deficit of 1.4 mill

Dom Thomas would be a good signing for most, if not all, Championship clubs.
Blair Henderson has been linked with Alloa.
Either of those would be outstanding bits of business for the Rovers. I'd be surprised and impressed if either comes to fruition.

Really don't think Blair Henderson is all that. Might sound daft but I think it's just been one of they seasons for him. Capable of doing well in L1 but not good enough for Raith or Alloa imo.

Still probably be our best striker though if he was at us...

1 minute ago, roverthemoon said:

Presume the improvements to the Railway Stand are in the away bit so we can use that rather than the North Stand? 

The 'Old Railway Stand ' is to be converted for mostly hospitality and supporters with consideration to press and security.

Yeah,FFP

It is a strange ratio as in the main were going to be full time.No mention of youths only that the club hopes to run with 3 modern apprentices

Currently 12 players contracted for next year but right now McGlynn doesnt know which of them will be here.Negotiating still to be done.He says strikers are a priority having lost a couple

Outwith the playing squad priorities for next season are,expanding 200 club capacity,improving corporate hospitality,relaunch player development fund,also plans to install changing facilities for commercial letting,sort the water supply and make improvements to the Railway Stand(why)and last but not least promotion go the Championship [emoji38]

All this with a deficit of 1.4 mill

I'm intrigued to see how we can expand the capacity of the 200 club without building out into the outside of the stand. The railway stand roof should just be taken down to make way for a new build bar and changing facilities. [emoji9] I can't see them getting away with closing off the fire escape between the two stands.