The New Raith Rovers Thread

5 hours ago, Wardy said:

I calculated I could pay £6.13 a month. #tight

I’ll only contribute £10 a month if it’s to sign the missing part of the McGlynn squad: the Spanish boy. 

9 hours ago, JAR said:

Need more of our punters to contribute to the Player Development Fund so that we can afford a better team. Your starter for £10PM.

I've been a member of this for a while now, but its not as it was initially laid out - initially it was to contribute towards the youth/development team, which no longer exists. They are pretty much doing away with this are they not?  As a current member I was sent a consultation paper on a rebranded version of this, in which some money might go towards wages of players and the rest will go to running costs of the club and stadium. 

9 hours ago, raith1974 said:

If someone came forward and organised a player fund rather than for the development team then I would contribute. 500 fans paying £10 a month could bring in a couple of players.

This is pretty much what the club will be promoting.

I've been a member of this for a while now, but its not as it was initially laid out - initially it was to contribute towards the youth/development team, which no longer exists. They are pretty much doing away with this are they not?  As a current member I was sent a consultation paper on a rebranded version of this, in which some money might go towards wages of players and the rest will go to running costs of the club and stadium. 

Basically into Sim’s pockets then as he oversees the club’s decline.

Not necessarily. Firstly alloa and yourselves will probably pick up the best ones. Forfar as well. We may benefit from being more central. I dont know the two respective budgets so cant really comment.

Goinf by the last two weeks we will be absolutely rotten thougj

Think Airdrie would be up there with us and others when it came to part time deals if you were fully PT but with having to pay full time contracts on top of that it would push you further down the pecking order in regards to that surely?

Raith will still have the advantage but if they were fully PT they'd be offering the best PT deals by a decent margin id imagine

12 hours ago, sirscottyoung said:

Dom Thomas and Blair Henderson signing on PT deals with you guys and Kallum Higginbotham on FT deal going to sign with you guys. Unbelievable signings!

What a hero. The genius of picking 3 players that are not too far out to be ridiculous shouts, but just right enough to be eaten up by the rovers fans... Take a bow sir.

Heard Marv and Mark Campbell are coming out of retirement to sort our defensive troubles out..

12 hours ago, sirscottyoung said:

Seems like your running a much much smaller squad but the guys your having will be quality!

Worked well for us last season...

In all seriousness, If Dom Thomas spends another season in League 1 it will be a terrible waste of his talent (as was spending last season with us). I suspect you're talking shite though...

10 hours ago, sirscottyoung said:

Look up his soccer school which is absolutely flying. He will make more off that than his current football deal...

He does his Soccer School currently, whilst he's a full time footballer, so dropping to part time would make absolutely no sense in that regard.

9 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

The longer it goes on, the more I fear we'll see an Iain Davidson contract extension despite it being clear we need wholesale changes in the defence. Something about being a great servant, local lad and a need of experience from McGlynn.

That would be a massive mistake.

Both Davidson and JMcG know well enough that Davos body won't carry him through a full season (he only trained half a week towards the end of the season) and as such I'd doubt he'll be being considered as any sort of defensive mainstay.

Next season we should be looking at McKay and Bene as our central defence, I think Murray will be off in any case and other than his occasional  goal threat I wont miss him as he backs off attackers too often for my liking.  So for me it's McKay and Bene as 1st choice with Davo and McDaid as the back ups. It'd be nice to keep/get another in (and IMO Munro of Stenny and ex Forfar is the right size for this league) but finances will probably rule that one out.

Davo certainly has his failings but IMO he's not our worse defender in the last 2 seasons.

13 hours ago, JAR said:

Need more of our punters to contribute to the Player Development Fund so that we can afford a better team. Your starter for £10PM.

I think the Board turned a lot of fans off from contributing anything to the player development fund. Why should we bother when the Management don't play them and if we get a decent player the Board let them go for free or for peanuts.

Like many supporters I would probably contribute if there was a clear joined up approach to progressing player into our team.

While we see our players leave and other teams youth players getting a chance ahead of our boys then the club won't attract contributions for this.

12 minutes ago, graeme_p said:

I think the Board turned a lot of fans off from contributing anything to the player development fund. Why should we bother when the Management don't play them and if we get a decent player the Board let them go for free or for peanuts.

Like many supporters I would probably contribute if there was a clear joined up approach to progressing player into our team.

While we see our players leave and other teams youth players getting a chance ahead of our boys then the club won't attract contributions for this.

Perhaps a radical idea like getting the club shop properly run and stocked might make the club some money, agree with Graeme P about the lack of a coherent strategy and promotion from the club is typical.   

1 hour ago, Scottydog said:

Both Davidson and JMcG know well enough that Davos body won't carry him through a full season (he only trained half a week towards the end of the season) and as such I'd doubt he'll be being considered as any sort of defensive mainstay.

Next season we should be looking at McKay and Bene as our central defence, I think Murray will be off in any case and other than his occasional  goal threat I wont miss him as he backs off attackers too often for my liking.  So for me it's McKay and Bene as 1st choice with Davo and McDaid as the back ups. It'd be nice to keep/get another in (and IMO Munro of Stenny and ex Forfar is the right size for this league) but finances will probably rule that one out.

Davo certainly has his failings but IMO he's not our worse defender in the last 2 seasons.

Davo was our best defender the season Ayr won the league by a country mile... Until the playoffs.

Edited by Holy Marv

This

What’s the point of contributing to a player development fund if when we actually manage to produce decent players good enough for a higher level like Callachan and Bain our board just give them away. When teams like Rangers and Hearts are interested in lower division players you screw every penny you can get out of them but can’t stand in their way of course at RRFC is the motto. Look at the former players we now have playing at higher levels, how much did we receive in transfer fees?