The New Raith Rovers Thread

On 18/05/2019 at 21:50, Broken Algorithms said:

Ideally we'll establish who the best out of contract part time creative midfielder is and get them signed up as possible. 

I've not seen Ryan McCord since I saw him strolling about Waterstones on Princess Street. With that said, he only strolled about in his time with us too...

Image result for ryan conroy

40 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

Cheers.

Captured brilliantly, if big Dougie is still fit and up for a return I’d welcome him with open arms

He has been offered a contract by ourself but is stalling, he's a great defender throws strikers about, easily our best player this year nothing he could have done regarding relegation always left everything on the park, I think we will lose him regardless if he ends up at you lot or not, he's far to good for league 1 never mind league 2, 

6 minutes ago, Overthehedge1 said:

He has been offered a contract by ourself but is stalling, he's a great defender throws strikers about, easily our best player this year nothing he could have done regarding relegation always left everything on the park, I think we will lose him regardless if he ends up at you lot or not, he's far to good for league 1 never mind league 2, 

He is hit and miss in the Championship. His rashness tends to bemore easily punished. 

Great player for this level though. 

I hope we didn't have to pay Flanagan off. Hopefully it was a case of us either being able to exercise a clause in his contract or there's been a mutual agreement for him to move on.

A bit sad to see the back of Buchanan in the end. No doubt his best days are behind him and it is the correct decision but 26 goals isn't a bad return at all and his attitude was spot on all the time. He seems like a first class professional and must have been a positive example to the younger players in the squad.

Wedderburn was alright I thought but again I can't really argue with the decision. I'm sure he'll get a reasonable gig elsewhere.

20 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I hope we didn't have to pay Flanagan off. Hopefully it was a case of us either being able to exercise a clause in his contract or there's been a mutual agreement for him to move on.

A bit sad to see the back of Buchanan in the end. No doubt his best days are behind him and it is the correct decision but 26 goals isn't a bad return at all and his attitude was spot on all the time. He seems like a first class professional and must have been a positive example to the younger players in the squad.

Wedderburn was alright I thought but again I can't really argue with the decision. I'm sure he'll get a reasonable gig elsewhere.

With you on all three counts 

Buchanan who at the end of  day was our 2nd top goalscorer but if as alleged he was on a decent wedge its probably correct not to offer him another contract

Edited by Rovers_Lad

Nat and Buchanan on bigger bucks by all accounts, so definitely sensible. Flanagan just not good enough so I hope we've exercised a 2 way release option in his contract. I'm sure JMc will have a list of people he wants so offloading big earners and avoiding another year's contract for Flanagan make a lot of sense. Does seem however we're gonna need players in every position.....

Just now, ScottRRFC said:

Hopefully Davidson isn’t offered another deal aswell.  Can’t be arsed with his pish attitude for another season 

Agreed way past his best and never been the best of centre halfs. 

Just now, raith1974 said:

Agreed way past his best and never been the best of centre halfs. 

Couple of years ago I rated him but he is just constantly moaning at others and getting wound up over nothing instead of concentrating on his own game . Need new faces in and not the dead wood.

Am I the only one who thinks this attitude that we'll be able to get the best part time players is extremely wishful thinking? The best ones will be at the two part time clubs in the league above us and by the sounds of it both East Fife and Forfar are well ahead of us in terms of recruitment.

I seriously worry for us next season.

23 minutes ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

Am I the only one who thinks this attitude that we'll be able to get the best part time players is extremely wishful thinking? The best ones will be at the two part time clubs in the league above us and by the sounds of it both East Fife and Forfar are well ahead of us in terms of recruitment.

Some will, some won't. Plenty of time. If we've got the attitude that we can't get FT players who can compete but are also completely uncompetitive in the PT market as well then we're as good giving up now.

42 minutes ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

Im with you on this! The recruitment market is gona be tough for full time players our competition will be ..

Falkirk : more money for wages and a fully full time squad most likey to get the best of whats availibe that can't get a championship club.

Airdrie: central baised but might not be able to pay similar wages for full time players as us.

For part time players the best will go to 

Arbroath and Alloa in the championship.

Forfar have already picked up a few part time boys good ones from alloa and some better ones from league one

East fife have signed up 2 former arbroath players 

And Airdie will be competeing along with us again prob similar quality as what we want

No, I have the same concerns on that front.