The New Raith Rovers Thread

Wedderburn's lack of pace is a total liability - it can ony be mitigated with a central midfield three so the other two can cover him. 

He might have ability, but we absolutely can't afford to carry that. 

Edited by Michael W

Happy with all three going. Buchanan was a good servant to be honest. We got him probably at the wrong end of his career. The other 2 didn’t make nearly enough impact as they probably should have. 

Goalkeeper Derek Gaston, defenders Lee Kilday, Rory McKeown and Jack Iredale, midfielder Charlie Telfer, and strikers Denny Johnstone, Gary Oliver and Ben Armour will leave when their deals end on 10 June.

https://gmfc.net/2019/05/21/player-contract-updates-2/

Nothing personal but thank f**k Flanagan is away for two reasons:

1) I couldn't be arsed watching his half-arsed attempts at regaining possession/marking a player. 

2) He'd quickly have become a target for the boo-boys next season and that makes me cringe. 

Not fussed about Wedderburn but I might have kept a hold of Buchanan to bring on from the bench. 

I've seen how well he represented the club off the pitch too. Good guy. 

1 hour ago, Neilly said:

I wasn't particularly up nor down football doesn't really bother me like that. It's only a game and we've seen it all before.

You seem very irked by me for some reason for pointing out Raith are a shambles. Strange man.

Just commenting on the end to Stenhousemuir’s season mate.

Didn’t your mum tell you not to talk to strange men?

Correct decision on all 3. Excellent and unexpected bonus with Flanagan, thought we’d be lumbered with him. He makes Chris Johnston look like Braveheart and is infuriatingly inconsistent. The good performances and moments became less and less as the season wore on.

Wish Wedderburn and Buchanan all the best, can’t fault their effort. Wedderburn was good on the ball but painfully slow causing us to be overrun in there. Buchanan was much better since McGlynn came in. We got him a year too late but he definitely done himself justice this season unlike last year. 

All for them leaving.

Defence was always on the turn partly due to attackers waltzing past wedderburn so I'd much rather have Matthews there every week. Fingers crossed Nat's wages are diverted to signing Ross back up

Buchanan has high wages allegedly so it was always on the cards that he'd leave at the end of his contract. A goal almost every 3 games isn't bad over 2 seasons in and out the team so he leaves only with thanks & best wishes from me 

Flanagan? Good riddance. Awful player 

Edited by pantene proV

Happy enough with all three. Buchanan was apparently on a big wage so makes sense to move him on and I'd imagine it will have been the same with Nat.

Going with the hybrid seems the logical thing to do. Hopefully we see a few new faces in the next couple of weeks.

The decisions taken since Saturday have all been encouraging. Delighted with Flanagan going and I think the FT/PT hybrid is absolutely the right approach. I’m sure we’ll lose a couple of players we’d rather keep over the next few weeks but that’s the nature of football these days, especially if you don’t go up.  I’ve got faith in McGlynn to build a squad that will make us competitive next season. 

Edited by roverthemoon