The New Raith Rovers Thread

Gullan is contracted to Hibs. We could only consider signing him if he was released and even then I think we need men next season and not boys. We need to start bullying teams and win the battle first before we win the game.

Edited by raith1974

Thomson
Benedictus
Murray
Watson
Dingwall
Flanagan
Gillespie
Nisbet
Vaughan
Bowie
Tait
McDaid

At a guess? Website is unclear on McDaid, and Lyness arrived with a clause of a new deal in the event of promotion so presumably is now out of contract.

Personally I’d be giving a contract to McKay and Matthews, and doing all I could to offload Flanagan. The rest? Cheerio.
I'm sure Matthews signed a 2 year deal last summer

5 minutes ago, Easy Days for Raith said:

Gullan gone now, sad to see because even though he never got much game time, from what he played he was a great player. We should’ve given him more of a chance and even tried to give him contract.

He’s contracted to Hibs till 2022 so we can’t offer him a contract. I liked him, he looked promising and did well in spells. I think he can go on to have a good career. It’s definitely stretching it to say he was a great player for us though.

3 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

Probably best concentrating on your own club Frank, especially if your posting losses approaching 1/2 a million in the seaside league. 

We'll be fine heard you guys are fucked! No more jobs from the sponsors what now?

13 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

A punter on fantalk suggesting that 3 of the players under contract for next season have triggered release clauses in their contracts.

I will take a wild stab at Dingwall, Gillespie and Murray.

Nisbet would be the most likely. Not sure a players stock can get much higher than finishing top league scorer in Scotland with 30 goals. If I was his agent i’d be advising him to abandon ship.

I’ll say Nisbet, Murray and Bene.

Edited by Scary Bear

Nisbet would be the most likely. Not sure a players stock can get much higher than finishing top league scorer in Scotland with 30 goals. If I was his agent i’d be advising him to abandon ship.
I’ll say Nisbet, Murray and Bene.

If Nisbet has any sense he would trigger that clause to get out. What worries me is the replacements. A whole new front line is required as Vaughan is out till the end of the year and we don’t know how he’ll feel after two serious injuries

21 minutes ago, Paco said:

If that’s accurate then Murray and Gillespie are almost guaranteed I think. I’ll pray the other one is Flanagan, but you’d expect it to be Nisbet.

Gillespie for sure. Wonder if Dingwall doesn't fancy a full season down here actually. Imagine Flanagan will be on the receiving end of the club's release clause rather than the other way round (hopefully).

I would assume the players who have triggered the clause are Lyness, Murray and Nisbet. I like to think that Gillespie will stay another year and have another stab at it, wishful thinking I know. If Nisbet has any sense he will trigger that clause and find himself the best possible club out there, bound to be a few after him after this year.

In terms of players I hope we keep,

Robbie Thomson

Bene

Gillespie

Matthews

Vaughan

Nisbet

I’d like to sign Regan Hendry again and fill the rest in with our young squad and a few PT players going with the hybrid model, all will be revealed after this evening though and I’ll (not so) eagerly wait in anticipation.

25 minutes ago, Paco said:

If that’s accurate then Murray and Gillespie are almost guaranteed I think. I’ll pray the other one is Flanagan, but you’d expect it to be Nisbet.

Agree with this. Murray was making noises a few weeks about not knowing where he’d be next season. Gillespie seems an obvious shout. Not sure how fit he was but pretty damning he was on the bench for both Forfar games with Barjonas and Wedderburn favoured. 

I think we all hope the third one is Flanagan but what other full time team will take him? It would make sense for it to be Nisbet. I genuinely think another season at this level playing every week and scoring hopefully a similar number of goals would do him the world of good. The play off final showed the step up to the Championship is large and I’d hate for him to go back up too soon and end up a bit part player somewhere if he doesn’t make a fast start.

However, it’s a short career and I wouldn’t blame him for moving on, he’s the only one from this season who deserves to step up a level.

Hopefully, we’ll know a bit more on where we stand after tonight. Out of those under contract only I’d only be desperate to keep Nisbet and Vaughan. The likes of Thomson/Bene/Murray/Dingwall/Gillespie are all capable players and I’d be happy for them to stay but they’re not irreplaceable. 

No-one is going to exercise their option to leave unless they have other options. Therefore I fear Murray, Nisbet are two of them. As for the other, I think I recall it being said that Gillespie had that clause in his contract when he signed for us (and it was seen as a bit of a coup in the first place). 

It won't be the ones we'd like to see leave, unfortunately. 

Edited by Michael W

30 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

If Nisbet has any sense he would trigger that clause to get out. What worries me is the replacements. A whole new front line is required as Vaughan is out till the end of the year and we don’t know how he’ll feel after two serious injuries

McGuigan from Stenhousemuir would be an option if we’re looking for part-time players.