The New Raith Rovers Thread

6 minutes ago, foreverarover said:
7 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:
You took the time to go up the attic but couldn't be arsed going on a website?

Aye but if I didn't find it then I'd still be asking the same question. FFS chill out.

Saying "f**k you" to folk on a fitba forum, then telling them to chill out 5 minutes later is perhaps not the best way to go about getting information. Just an FYI for the future. 

Saying "f**k you" to folk on a fitba forum, then telling them to chill out 5 minutes later is perhaps not the best way to go about getting information. Just an FYI for the future. 
No problems I apologize but Zens comment was uncalled for in the first place.

There's normally a list posted.

If they are out of contract I dont think any of them will be renewed.

What happens to the full timers all signed up will be where the interest is.

It's a rebuild job regardless 

It’s two days after we failed to go up. There’s meetings this week to address the shareholders and fans.  Decisions on players are already being taken.  I don’t know why folk are getting uptight and talking about clusterfucks.  I’m pretty sure the board have been planning scenarios for League One or Championship status - the season ticket pricing showed that. 

Duggan posted on his Instagram story that he’s away on holiday today. Would guess the club didn’t want him to find out from social media so told him before he left, and given he’s probably going to post about it anyway on his own socials they might as well get the word out at the same time.

There's lots of seriously pissed of Rovers boys at my work today, you would think their beloved club had accumulated a considerable amount of debt and would be spending another season in the diddy league alongside clubs like East Fife! Beautiful! Roaring back 3 perhaps..

13 hours ago, Angusfifer said:

Jesus. Anyone would think that Morton weren't a bawhair away from doing a Falkirk going by this c**t's behaviour...

If 'by a bawhair from doing a Falkirk' you actually mean 'skooshing yet another top half finish' then sure. Though I can understand how the optics of a successful campaign in the second tier would easily confuse an East Fife fan; was it fourteen points you mustered when you last slithered up more than twenty years ago?

13 hours ago, Wardy said:

Why the 1970s?

Why not after 1988?

Appearances:

Morton: 0

Raith Rovers: 3

A: Because 'after 1988' is simply a meaningless, arbitrary year. A nice, round half-century captures Raith Rovers' permadiddy status far more objectively than your desperate straw-clutching exercise.

That's the reality that you just can't face here - your absolutely tiny purple patch in the mid-1990s is totally irrelevant and now you're back to living in the cold, dark shadow of everyone else, floundering in a tinpot seaside league for good.

Gutted for you.

9e55426e-0651-4c13-8128-eaaebcdb5ef8.thumb.jpg.567a600a6f68cda63a480c19569caeae.jpg

A: Because 'after 1988' is simply a meaningless, arbitrary year. A nice, round half-century captures Raith Rovers' permadiddy status far more objectively than your desperate straw-clutching exercise.
That's the reality that you just can't face here - your absolutely tiny purple patch in the mid-1990s is totally irrelevant and now you're back to living in the cold, dark shadow of everyone else, floundering in a tinpot seaside league for good.
Gutted for you.
9e55426e-0651-4c13-8128-eaaebcdb5ef8.thumb.jpg.567a600a6f68cda63a480c19569caeae.jpg

6B2F6EDA-25B4-4346-9582-4B66CCE91756-44617-00003399C63D7381.jpg

2 hours ago, CALDERON said:

Im sure Mcglynn said when he came in that Duggan was being played under the previous regime whilst carrying an injury.

Shame, decent player but had awful luck this season. 

Yep Smith and then Cuthbert both played Duggan while he had a groin injury, which almost certainly led to him requiring the surgery he had a couple of months back. So they basically wrecked his season and certainly didn't help ours.

No doubt he will do a good job for someone next season but it's no surprise we aren't offering him anything.

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

He's a wind up merchant and has been the exact same on here for over 10 years. He's not saying these things because he believes them, he says them to gain reactions from people who can't see it's a wind up, and every single time a plethora of numpties oblige him.

Whilst this is true, some new material would be welcomed. 

The current 10 year old material that he uses is just cringeworthy.