The New Raith Rovers Thread

It’s like a kid wearing their 66 England shirt even though they were born in 1996 and their dad wasn’t even even alive for the game.

At 38 years old I’ve been alive for 3 seasons of Morton in the top flight, relegated in every single one of them. Sadly by my 8th birthday the glory days were over.

So that's Duggan away. No surprises really given his availability over the season. He looked useful in the few games we had him fit, imagine had we got 30+ games out of him he'd have shown up well.

Really liked Duggan. Always gave 100% and played a bit part in both our Airdrie comeback game and the win over the Pars but unfortunately given his injury record it is perhaps the right decision to let him go.

I wish we had seen a injury free duggan as he looked pretty decent when played

I know, it’s been a crap season for him injury wise and one i’d like to have kept. If he could stay fit.

2 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

Would take Duggan back for us but he seems to have had hefty injury issues with you (as has about 90% of your squad of course), so that might worry our management team. 

How was he injury-wise at EF? Could be just that FT football didn't really suit him. 

I am sure a lot of our injury problems this season however stemmed from the neanderthal in charge at the start of the season. Half our team were injured pre-season and Smith is IMO culpable as he clearly prepared us fully. 

Right choice I think. Shame it didn't work out as i think he could've offered us a lot. 

1 minute ago, Michael W said:

How was he injury-wise at EF? Could be just that FT football didn't really suit him. 

I am sure a lot of our injury problems this season however stemmed from the neanderthal in charge at the start of the season. Half our team were injured pre-season and Smith is IMO culpable as he clearly prepared us fully. 

Right choice I think. Shame it didn't work out as i think he could've offered us a lot. 

Im sure Mcglynn said when he came in that Duggan was being played under the previous regime whilst carrying an injury.

Shame, decent player but had awful luck this season. 

14 minutes ago, Michael W said:

He was OK for us injury wise for us, bit of a shining light in an otherwise rather average 17/18 season. Given we were interested in Austin before he took the fat stacks at Kelty I'd imagine we'll be going for at least one other striker, Duggan will be on the radar. I was surprised when he was signed FT by you last year tbh, but the banter Barry Smith era was full of surprises.