The New Raith Rovers Thread

The attitude and character of the squad has been exceptionally poor the last two seasons, so with  the exclusion of Nisbet and Vaughan, there’s not any of these players I’d be sorry to see leave the club. Unfortunately those two players are probably the two that will have good offers to go elsewhere. 

As for full-time of part-time or a mix, I’d be happy with whatever set-up loses us the least amount of money.  With Falkirk also here I suspect we are in League One for the forseeeable future, so rather than overstretch ourselves financially for another #roaringback style push, I’d rather the club focused on financial stability and letting McGlynn build a squad for the next two to three years. If it takes us a couple of seasons to get up then so be it. 

Edited by roverthemoon

Is Benedictus firmly signed up? I was genuinely quite impressed with him in the play-off games, I'm surprised a second tier team or even a Hamilton type side haven't looked at him. He was always a bit of a headcase but Hartley was pretty brutal moving him on after being competent in a league winning side.

Is Benedictus firmly signed up? I was genuinely quite impressed with him in the play-off games, I'm surprised a second tier team or even a Hamilton type side haven't looked at him. He was always a bit of a headcase but Hartley was pretty brutal moving him on after being competent in a league winning side.
Yeah signed to next season but I think anyone already signed will either be free to go or we'll accept any bids.

Played well yesterday but has been poor all season. Tries hard but since his injury last season he hasn't looked at the same.

2 hours ago, Michael W said:

Partick released Nisbet last year...why on earth would they re-sign him, possibly paying a fee as well? 

We need to know what the plan is for next season - hybrid or part-time, and fast. Forfar immediately replaced Baird with Andy Jackson from Brechin yesterday, and he's a decent player at this level. We need to act fast or the good PT players will all be snapped up. 

Funnily this will be revealed in the 200 Club on Tuesday night at the share holders AGM.

I'm told there will be directors there.

37 minutes ago, harry94 said:

He got shoehorned into our team in Feb 18 after injury and we've been awful at the back ever since. 

Absolutely not all his fault, but he's been ever present in a team that has consistently conceded shit goals. 

For context, yesterday was our first away clean sheet since December and i think our second all season. 

He got shoehorned into our team in Feb 18 after injury and we've been awful at the back ever since. 
Absolutely not all his fault, but he's been ever present in a team that has consistently conceded shit goals. 
For context, yesterday was our first away clean sheet since December and i think our second all season. 
Same as last season too. He got injured then McKay was ever present, only to be dropped by Smith as our defence turned to shit.

15 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:
1 hour ago, CALDERON said:

Same as last season too. He got injured then McKay was ever present, only to be dropped by Smith as our defence turned to shit.

McKay is one to keep

1 minute ago, Beastie Russell said:

McKay is one to keep

Fully agree with that. For me, we should be building a team around McKay as a central defender and Matthews as an anchorman. Last summer Smith got our recruitment all wrong, and McGlynn didn't do anything to improve it in January. 

2 hours ago, Zen Archer said:

Funnily this will be revealed in the 200 Club on Tuesday night at the share holders AGM.

I'm told there will be directors there.

Good. We are naturally behind in preparations compared with those outside the playoffs but positive to see we have a handle on it. 

I personally think the club is a shambles and to be honest who ever thought staying full time with the team we had was a good idea oh my god. The part time clubs looked better, fitter and hungrier really damming considering we were meant to be full time. Hopefully we keep a nucleus of say 5 full timers and make the rest up with part timers and with a bit of luck get in the playoffs again and either meet Arbroath or Alloa in the final because Falkirk I think will throw money at McKinnon

I personally think the club is a shambles and to be honest who ever thought staying full time with the team we had was a good idea oh my god. The part time clubs looked better, fitter and hungrier really damming considering we were meant to be full time. Hopefully we keep a nucleus of say 5 full timers and make the rest up with part timers and with a bit of luck get in the playoffs again and either meet Arbroath or Alloa in the final because Falkirk I think will throw money at McKinnon

How would that work with training? 5 full time guys and the manager/coaching staff playing 5 a side?

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

How would that work with training? 5 full time guys and the manager/coaching staff playing 5 a side?

Sorry I should have also said that it would include the Young players on full time apprenticeships which would make up 11 players

Yet another season floundering in the seaside leagues, getting horsed by plumbers and brickies from Peterhead to Stranraer. 
What a terrible, wee shame that is for you.
5ce1a6608b10c_IMG_15421.GIF.a41128997e138138d87cc9122fcbac12.GIF

You took your time.

10 minutes ago, basher brash said:

You would know the feeling or was it different a few years ago when you were in the 1st division , short memories virginton

It was indeed different: we won the division at the first time of asking and waltzed back up; whereas your rabble have clearly found your natural level. 

Thanks for playing anyway champ.

IMG_0697.thumb.jpg.193ffcb88922d447c70aabe54f40c685.jpg 

Edited by vikingTON