The New Raith Rovers Thread

Remember when we brought the 'Roaring Back' sign back out of storage for a Facebook video?

Massive rebuild for McGlynn but for me the priority has to be getting a plan in place to get this club sound financially. The Facebook page is full of morons demanding the directors put their hands in their pockets despite the fact we're making massive losses in this league. I don't want to go part time, but if being part time means we don't have to get the begging bowls out, then part time it has to be.

Obviously that could mean losing some players who'd we like to keep, but having players like Buchanan and Davidson eating up full time wages is concerning at this level.

On a side note, the fans were brilliant today, and throughout the whole playoffs. Hopefully we can carry that atmosphere into next season.

We are going part time. We'd all love a board who'd throw money at us but Sim is a guy who wants a profit and everyone else on the board is either one of his pals or a yes man. Can someone tell me what positive thing any of the board have brought to us this season?

I said before the word is sustainability and you'll hear that soon enough. Years of miss management have brought us to this. We are down here for a reason and it's not just a few bad signings. It's years of mismanagement from boardroom down including the current ones.

No. He extended in January to end of 20/21 season.
Real question though, IF you do go PT his contract will be null and void won't it???

You may be able to finally praise your Board for their future planning if this is so, I know it would be a "sair yin" if he leaves for fuckall but surely that would be better than paying a FT wage in a PT setup and all the negative connotations such a player would have in the dressing room!!!

If you are making the move towards PT football it will probably be to your long term benefit, and a move you should have been making last year, In stead of being the pishiest Paying FT outfit with the pishiest FT players mo ET could buy, you could have been the best paying PT one, there's not a lot of difference between the bottom of the barrel FT player and the top of the heap PT one and the argument is there that the best PT player is the equal off, if not better than the best FT one!!!

Can you honestly say you had a player better than Linn, Easton or Agnew last season, pound for pound???

It could be the making of you or you could still pretend it's 1995 and you're in the wrong place and it's all been a big mistake!!!

Real question though, IF you do go PT his contract will be null and void won't it???You may be able to finally praise your Board for their future planning if this is so, I know it would be a "sair yin" if he leaves for fuckall but surely that would be better than paying a FT wage in a PT setup and all the negative connotations such a player would have in the dressing room!!!
If you are making the move towards PT football it will probably be to your long term benefit, and a move you should have been making last year, In stead of being the pishiest Paying FT outfit with the pishiest FT players mo ET could buy, you could have been the best paying PT one, there's not a lot of difference between the bottom of the barrel FT player and the top of the heap PT one and the argument is there that the best PT player is the equal off, if not better than the best FT one!!!
Can you honestly say you had a player better than Linn, Easton or Agnew last season, pound for pound???
It could be the making of you or you could still pretend it's 1995 and you're in the wrong place and it's all been a big mistake!!!

Vaughan is the best player in league 1. There's zero doubt about that from anyone who has seen him fit I'd imagine.

Vaughan is the best player in league 1. There's zero doubt about that from anyone who has seen him fit I'd imagine.

IMG_0927.jpg

I reiterate the fit part of my statement. No doubt linn has had a great season. He isn't as good as Vaughan though. He's so good he managed to relegate us

So... He's so good he even managed to not get you promoted by being an ever present on the malingerer parade???

I'm giddy at the thought of playing with a natural RB next season. 
A dynamic box to box midfielder and a big tall c**t up front for the ever-loyal Nizzy to play off would be great. 
Annual request for some mad, foreign cult hero too. 
A little and large partnership up front, like brian graham and john baird?? f**k aye, I'd take that.

I reiterate the fit part of my statement. No doubt linn has had a great season. He isn't as good as Vaughan though. He's so good he managed to relegate us

Vaughan may have a better or worse career than Bobby that remains to be seen, in the last couple of seasons a fit Vaughan would've been better than a then fit Bobby but nobody was a better player than what he was this season he was absolutely ridiculous the change in him from last season (where he was still very good) was incredible. If he'd started his boxing and had perfected his decision making earlier in his career he 100 percent wouldn't be playing for us right now. Would I f**k have swapped a fit Vaughan or Dom Thomas for Bobby this year. He's been a joke

Anyway I quite like Raith, good luck next season although I think it'll be second at best with Falkirk now in the division

Now that it’s over. Can we discuss the out goings. If we have to go down the part time route so be it. Sustainability is key. There’s no way we’ll compete with Falkirk, so let’s just get our shit together for a nice wee change. I’m all for backing McGlynn and hopefully he’ll make the right decisions. I was on my stag do yesterday and tried watching the game as best as I could. But the bits I watched we looked good. If only the defence played like that on Tuesday. We can talk about the If Only’s all we like as in Regan Hendry, Lewis Vaughan and a fully fit Duggan would’ve made a hell of a difference to our season. But alas we are where we are.

We need sign Regan Hendry as he is now a free agent and build our midfield around him

In the grand scheme of things that would be an awesome signing. But I have a feeling mid table championship clubs will be really keen to sign him. Wish we had the cash to do so.

Yeah, certainly got the impression that Nisbet may be one of those players that excels at this level but isn't ready for the level above. 

Only two games, but we really needed a 30 goal a season striker to do better in our two most important games. 

Fell short against Championship defenders in the last 2 games, he was physically unable to bully them or outpace them. 
Falkirk would be his best bet IMO

Falkirk would be a better option for him. You could also argue that rarely got any support in the last two games so was dealt with quite easily. The same way we dealt with Dobbie to a certain extent.

Partick released Nisbet last year...why on earth would they re-sign him, possibly paying a fee as well? 

We need to know what the plan is for next season - hybrid or part-time, and fast. Forfar immediately replaced Baird with Andy Jackson from Brechin yesterday, and he's a decent player at this level. We need to act fast or the good PT players will all be snapped up.