The New Raith Rovers Thread

Well seen as the person in question was openly talking about it last night in the 200 Club I don’t think it’s a ‘keep hush hush’ secret. A certain board member last night said if we stay down we WILL be going part time next season.

Absolutely 0 chance that, that came from a board member.

Fully part time? The thought of Nisbet and Vaughan being able to just walk away at the end of the season is just a tad depressing.
If they walk away then tbh there is no reason to trust the board of directors. We are as well just doing a pars and screwing everyone over [emoji23]

1 hour ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Absolutely 0 chance that, that came from a board member.

Why not?

Were you in the 200 club?

There seems to be a few  board members quite happy to divulge info  that should be kept in house.There was another director talking hybrid system

Edited by Rovers_Lad

Sorry but very unprofessional if true to say to a select few. Surely the club would not just dump the better players we have to go fully part time. Vaughan when fit is worth money. Nisbet also worth money. Thomson maybe not but injured so unless he gets a payoff I'm sure he will hang onto his fulltime contract. 

If they walk away then tbh there is no reason to trust the board of directors. We are as well just doing a pars and screwing everyone over [emoji23]
I wouldn't be back to starks if we screwed our creditors over. It's been hinted at by Murray that there are clauses in the contracts but surely, SHIRLEY our board aren't stupid enough to allow saleable assets like Nisbet to walk for free? Not after the bates situation. Or the callachan, or the many other times its happened... OK I'll shut up.

It would be infuriating if the likes of Nisbet and Vaughan were able to walk away for nothing. However, would they have even signed the contracts in the first place if there weren’t these clauses? 

Nobody would be blaming the board if Nisbet/Vaughan had turned down their contract offer and decided to try their luck elsewhere at the end of the season. I assume this clause was the only way they could get them to agree the new deals.

So what will happen with Vaughan and Thomson both will be out until the autumn so whose going to sign those two? As for the other contracted players if they cant find another full time club do they just hang around collecting a full time wage or as soon as we announce we're going part time they just leave?

Its worrying when two directors are telling folk two different things. I could be wrong but I assume the director telling folk in the 200 club what was going to happen was the fans rep. Its about time that was scrapped anyway the only fans rep who done anything was Alex Condie.

Either way I don't think many folk would be surprised if it comes to light that the board have made a mess of things let's face it start as you mean to go on.

I wouldn't be back to starks if we screwed our creditors over. It's been hinted at by Murray that there are clauses in the contracts but surely, SHIRLEY our board aren't stupid enough to allow saleable assets like Nisbet to walk for free? Not after the bates situation. Or the callachan, or the many other times its happened... OK I'll shut up.
I completely agree, I wouldn't set foot in the place either if that happened. I'd just go to watch junior football, with a bar overlooking the pitch, standing watching the game with said pint[emoji3]

44 minutes ago, Frank conner said:

So what will happen with Vaughan and Thomson both will be out until the autumn so whose going to sign those two? As for the other contracted players if they cant find another full time club do they just hang around collecting a full time wage or as soon as we announce we're going part time they just leave?

Its worrying when two directors are telling folk two different things. I could be wrong but I assume the director telling folk in the 200 club what was going to happen was the fans rep. Its about time that was scrapped anyway the only fans rep who done anything was Alex Condie.

Either way I don't think many folk would be surprised if it comes to light that the board have made a mess of things let's face it start as you mean to go on.

D6SIg-tWkAA_Gd7.jpg

14 minutes ago, foreverarover said:

I completely agree, I wouldn't set foot in the place either if that happened. I'd just go to watch junior football, with a bar overlooking the pitch, standing watching the game with said pintemoji3.png

But then you won’t live up to your username?