The New Raith Rovers Thread

Next season regardless of what league we are in we will need about 9 new players.

In my opinion that'd be:

Another keeper, initially thought McGlynn might just raid the loan market but I think he will look for competition for Thomson once fit, wouldn't rule out a 6 month loan deal too though.

A Right back, this is an absolute must, but who?  Watson may yet become that man but mibbies not yet.

A Left Back, I see Rory McKeown was at the game last night, now that'd be interesting.  Adam Eckersley will be released by St Mirren, looked decent for Forfar.

3 in Midfield,  Matthews and some (3?) others needed, Hendry, Forbes, Craigen, Connolly, Hilson, (Cranes best two performances for us have been further up the park, just saying)

2 Wingers, Flannigan is signed but another couple needed here Longridge and a loanee perhaps?

1 Striker, Nizzy and Vaughan with Bowie, Smith and Tate coming through but we'll need at least another one. Could the pantomime villain Higginbotham be that man?

Central defenders not required if we keep Bene, Muzza and McKay. Do that  and I think we'll be fine. McDaid could be good for bench cover if we lose one of that main 3.

Obviously the outcome of the next 4-10 days will dictate just what we can and can't afford, next season we might be forced into more of a part-time set up.

Heard if we don’t go up it will be a mixture of part time / full time + I’ll be surprised if Buchanan and Davidson are offered  new deals so we Potentially could make a saving there along with the other full time players we will be releasing

Edited by basher brash

I hope whatever status we have next season, pt/ft davo is done with us. Been a great servant for us over the years but he isn't good enough to play every week for a team chasing promotion or seeking to stay in the championship anymore. Similar goes for buchanan bar the over the years part.

Next season regardless of what league we are in we will need about 9 new players.

Could the pantomime villain Higginbotham be that man?

Absofuckinglutely, people on this forum not wanting Higgy in the team must be mad. McGlynn has to address the midfield problems. Higgy is the man.

I hope whatever status we have next season, pt/ft davo is done with us. Been a great servant for us over the years but he isn't good enough to play every week for a team chasing promotion or seeking to stay in the championship anymore. Similar goes for buchanan bar the over the years part.

We said that about Thomson and look where that got us. But you are right. Davo should’ve been emptied long before Thommo

Reagan Hendry was at the last Rovers v Stranraer game he was parked at the beginning of links street and passed me in his wee flashy merc, could be a potential signing with the Mcglynn connection

Please let this happen. Higginbotham, Hendry, Matthews and Gillespie midfield shyahoorsir!!!!

Sorry guys forgot to multi quote

9 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

We said that about Thomson and look where that got us. But you are right. Davo should’ve been emptied long before Thommo

Thomson wasn't 'emptied'. He was offered a new contract but turned it down because he felt the time was right to go to university.

I was quite happy for thomo to stay, never really bought into him being past it last season. He had, had a back injury which had slowed him down but he was still pretty good for us. Matthews in front of him was what hampered him. Matthews is a cm, not a winger.

People going on about these Dunfermline players, did you not see the performance they put in against us? For the sort of wages they'd be looking for I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole.

Who do you suggest we get in then? We only came into the game when they had a man sent off. Wages will be the stumbling block for us anyway. But there’s no harm in speculating what McGlynn might do.