The New Raith Rovers Thread

Bang on. 

I'd prefer we finished second and got the extra money, but we have no chance in the play-offs if we lose more key players to injury.

We've enough injuries as it is and we have probably in recent weeks had to play players who weren't 100% out of necessity. Rest them for Tuesday where possible. 

Edited by Michael W

McGlynn looking to rest players this weekend according to FFP

All for this. Some will get upset about the £19000, however if it's the difference between us going up or not then its pretty irrelevant.
Potentially playing 5 games in 14 days (15?) will no doubt test some players and although we go into the last fixture of the season a lot healthier than most expected, we'd be silly to risk all of them in a pretty pointless game.

As much as I'd like to see Kevin Nisbet win the Tartan Boot I'd rather we had him (as close to) guaranteed fit for the playoffs. 

An injury for him against Montrose would be catastrophic. 

Experience has failed to breed common sense yet again leading me to be confident about going up. 

38 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

As much as I'd like to see Kevin Nisbet win the Tartan Boot I'd rather we had him (as close to) guaranteed fit for the playoffs. 

An injury for him against Montrose would be catastrophic. 

Experience has failed to breed common sense yet again leading me to be confident about going up. 

I’m in two minds about it. You don’t want to demotivate the player and he’s obviously buzzing about the chance of being top scorer in Scotland but you don’t want the player getting injured either. Difficult call. 

Experience tells you that either way we’ll manage to call it wrong. I’d give him the first half, possibly an hour, then take him off. I like a gamble.

I am also stupidly optimistic about our play-off chances. Only a decent therapist could say why.

Edited by Scary Bear

1 hour ago, Tony Stark(s Park) said:

If we don’t have hope for the playoffs then what’s the point. I’m fairly looking forward to a game that has meaning. Not had many of those since before Christmas

You don't follow the Rovers to have hope....

We’ve went into the play-offs before with really good sides, full of confidence, with huge home and away supports, playing teams that finished well behind us or who had a fraction of our resources. And we’ve been pumped out of every single tie we’ve played.

It stands to reason that we’ll finish 3rd and stroll them. We’re going up.

23 hours ago, Wardy said:

Aye some quite poor mistakes there, but any worse than the “defending” up at Arbroath or indeed against brechin on Saturday? 

All that young team needed was King Kev and it probably would have been 3-2 to rovers...

Your defence was probably the worst part of the team, losing runners constantly. 

1 minute ago, Broken Algorithms said:

A recurring theme this season. And last season tbf. Ideally next season we'll not have Benedictus and Davidson playing together. 

Thought your best player was an attacking player who had red boots, seemed comfortable with the ball at his feet and had good runs a couple of times. 

Totally forgot his name. 

Thought your best player was an attacking player who had red boots, seemed comfortable with the ball at his feet and had good runs a couple of times. 

Totally forgot his name. 

Red boots sounds like Jack Smith. My Mrs calls him red boots guy, not like it’s a foreign name she can forget easy tbh

A recurring theme this season. And last season tbf. Ideally next season we'll not have Benedictus and Davidson playing together. 

Hopefully without either Bene and Davo next season. The latter is finished and Bene hasn’t been the same since that injury against Ayr Utd.

35 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

Hopefully without either Bene and Davo next season. The latter is finished and Bene hasn’t been the same since that injury against Ayr Utd.

I'd go further and say Bene hasn't been the same since he played with Toshney. And Toshney hasn't been the same since he played with Bene. The two just seemed a natural pairing together, but that's the way football goes.

38 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

I'd go further and say Bene hasn't been the same since he played with Toshney. And Toshney hasn't been the same since he played with Bene. The two just seemed a natural pairing together, but that's the way football goes.

Personally thought Bene was better with Craig Barr beside him

Agree on that most definitely, to have that pairing back would be phenomenal, they always were competitive as a pairing. They commanded every blade of grass in the 18 yard box and threw themselves at everything.

Bene and Toshney McGlynn. Make it so. Oh and a right back

23 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

Agree on that most definitely, to have that pairing back would be phenomenal, they always were competitive as a pairing. They commanded every blade of grass in the 18 yard box and threw themselves at everything.

Bene and Toshney McGlynn. Make it so. Oh and a right back

Sounds like a job for @Wardy