The New Raith Rovers Thread

I don’t really think it matters when we are at home in my opinion. I think it would be naive to go into either game, home or away and not just go all out attack. Sit Nat on the halfway line in front of the defenders and everyone else’s main priority is balls in the box and looking to play in Nisbet.

Defence is absolutely shambolic and whether it is in this round or the next one you can almost guarantee they will be the ones that lose it for us.

Ps. Even if Vaughan is even 20% fit we should play him anyway. Stick him on the edge of the box and it’ll be all good [emoji23]

13 minutes ago, Tony Stark(s Park) said:

I don’t really think it matters when we are at home in my opinion. I think it would be naive to go into either game, home or away and not just go all out attack. Sit Nat on the halfway line in front of the defenders and everyone else’s main priority is balls in the box and looking to play in Nisbet.

Defence is absolutely shambolic and whether it is in this round or the next one you can almost guarantee they will be the ones that lose it for us.

Ps. Even if Vaughan is even 20% fit we should play him anyway. Stick him on the edge of the box and it’ll be all good emoji23.png

Might as well stick a phone poll in front of the defenders.

Nat Wedderburn has his talents, but it's a mistake to put him in that role, even as his physical bulk would seem to recommend him for it, his chronic lack of mobility works against it. He needs another guy beside him. For us a 3 man midfield with someone in front of two positional mids is the best we can hope for.

Ps. Even if Vaughan is even 20% fit we should play him anyway. Stick him on the edge of the box and it’ll be all good [emoji23]

Agree. The defence is mince. We have to take a ‘we’re gonna score one more than you’ approach, as favoured by Fat Les in 1998, in these play off games.

27 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Agree. The defence is mince. We have to take a ‘we’re gonna score one more than you’ approach, as favoured by Fat Les in 1998, in these play off games.

As experienced football men, we'd be fools not to at least consider an approach put forward by Fat Les.

30 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Can we adopt this as our anthem for the play-offs?

This is the year!

Might as well stick a phone poll in front of the defenders.
Nat Wedderburn has his talents, but it's a mistake to put him in that role, even as his physical bulk would seem to recommend him for it, his chronic lack of mobility works against it. He needs another guy beside him. For us a 3 man midfield with someone in front of two positional mids is the best we can hope for.
Agree. Nat is much better with the ball at his feet with men around him than having to stop a a counter attack or protect the defense. Its the role barjonas took up on Saturday and had a good game doing so.

Saturday at home would be better for me but it really doesn't matter what way round the fixtures are. We have to get the job done home and away regardless of what day they are.

24 minutes ago, Roath Raver said:

We covered the Fife Cup game last night and here are the highlights...

Anyone giving it the 'we should play the youth' chat should be made to watch that on repeat.

I don't mean that these guys will never make it, though obviously a number won't but even those with potential clearly have a distance to go.

Anyone giving it the 'we should play the youth' chat should be made to watch that on repeat.
I don't mean that these guys will never make it, though obviously a number won't but even those with potential clearly have a distance to go.
Spot on and that's trying to break into a bang average league 1 team.

Can we adopt this as our anthem for the play-offs?
This is the year!

I prefer a Chicken Tikka Masala from the Spice of Life to a Vindaloo myself but it doesn’t quite scan as well.

2 hours ago, renton said:

Yeah it's sobering stuff. Although having said that, the goalkeeper looks quite handy...

Was gonna post something myself about the fife cup showing but was wary of getting pelters for criticising the reserves. There's a very good reason they're not featuring in the first team. #milesoff
But our yoofs are better than the on loan yoofs Shirley?

Aye some quite poor mistakes there, but any worse than the “defending” up at Arbroath or indeed against brechin on Saturday? 

All that young team needed was King Kev and it probably would have been 3-2 to rovers...