The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 hours ago, Stevo Fife said:

Too easy.

Accepr your rightfull diddiness amongst us diddies and hid yer wheesht.

Too easy. You replied to it. You always do. I could just write ‘East Fife are shit’ and you’d still reply.

They were all wetting the bed cos they thought beating the Rovers meant they finish in 2nd place 

There’s that but above all else beating us twice was without a doubt the greatest achievement EF fans have witnessed in the last 30 years.

We won't win the league until we address the hideous away form that's plagued us the last three seasons. 

The league was lost in the games immediately after we beat Arbroath just before Christmas. Total failure to capitalise on burstingthe bubble and taking advantage when they dropped points. The injury problems were not so  big a problem at that stage. 

Yesterday was hopeless with injuries to be fair, but no need for excuses at this stage of the season. 

I think it’s undeniable we would have been much closer without injuries. In particular the injuries to Vaughan and Hendry killed us. Those two play all season we obviously pick up more points. Vaughan pretty much singlehandedly dragged us to a title challenge for large parts of last season. We’ve barely had him available since McGlynn came back.

Add that to the injury for Hendry as well as pretty much every player in our squad missing games with injury, several being lengthy I think it’s a fair assumption to say we would be a good few points better off with a fully fit squad all season.

However, we struggle away from home, are defensively poor and seem to pick and choose the games we want to turn up for. I’m not sure how much of that would have changed with a fully fit squad considering it’s predominantly forward thinking players we’ve had out.

As Paco has mentioned previously if we didn’t have all those injuries that need covering for who is to say McGlynn wouldn’t have addressed the defensive side with his signings in January. We will never know. It’s all ifs buts and maybes. It does come across as a deflection tactic though. Arbroath have been the most consistent team over the season and are deserving champions bit unfair to say that’s solely down to our injury record.

I'm prepared to give McGlynn the summer to try and sort it out for next season if we fail in the playoffs but it's comments like that which make me completely question whether he's the right man. Injuries weren't the reason why we lost last Saturday to Stranraer or in January away at Brechin or any other match. As I said before we've regularly played teams with 5 or less subs and with a fraction of our budget so to blame injuries for where we are is completely disingenuous.