The New Raith Rovers Thread

10 hours ago, Scott-Replay said:

Just reading this and thought I’d chip in regarding the teams that could possibly be in League One next season.

Peterhead certainly haven’t destroyed League Two. If we hadn’t had points deducted (without taking into account the knock on effect of the announcement of that being on a Saturday morning as we travelled up to Elgin) we would be 1 goal behind them in the table. We’ve certainly more than matched them in our previous few meetings too. They’re a good side - very streetwise with some decent skill as well who I’m sure would hold their own in League One.

Clyde are, of course, the team I’ve seen most of this season and it’s been a great season for us, building off the back of our great form towards the end of last season. We’ve got quite a young team that have shown a lot of character this season (I think it’s something silly like 16 goals we’ve scored in the last ten minutes of games) and we’ve picked up the most away wins in the country. We’ve got a few experienced heads in John Rankin, Kevin Nicoll and David Goodwillie and always try to play good football. On the pitch at least, we’ve lost one game since October (and that was on the back of the points deduction announcement). I think we’ve shown ourselves to be a really good team and if we were a) to get promoted and b) keep the team together, we could catch a few teams by surprise.

Edinburgh are another big and strong team from what I have seen with another few well known faces in Conrad Balatoni, Josh Walker, Danny Handling and Marc Laird. Blair Henderson has scored loads of goals this season and has been in League Two for a while. Truthfully, he never impresses me but you can’t argue with his record. They started the season brilliantly but since about December their form has been pretty rotten and (I touch wood as I say this given we’re most likely playing them) they’re not going into the play offs with much momentum at all. It was no shock that Albion Rovers beat them yesterday.

Finally, Annan, choosing my words carefully, are a physical big bunch. They were late bloomers but in fairness to them, have also enjoyed a good run of form during the second half of the season. They know every trick in the book (not a criticism) and managed to get our goalkeeper send off recently with an outrageous piece of play acting. They are however, clearly an effective outfit and Peter Murphy deserves credit for doing a great job on a limited budget. They’d be my outside bet for getting through the play offs but they don’t worry me hugely based on what I’ve seen this season.

1320Lichtie is absolutely correct however that outside, possibly even the top three teams, the rest of our league is dross. However, any of the teams with a chance of coming up could certainly hold their own IMHO.

Pointless post, I’m aware, especially seeing as you may not even be in League One next year!

I don't think I could bear a season in the same league as Clyde and their deluded fanboys so please stay where you are.

Thanks and bye.

5 minutes ago, Stevo Fife said:

I don't think I could bear a season in the same league as Clyde and their deluded fanboys so please stay where you are.

Thanks and bye.

Now now Stevo, I fully understand (and even empathise with) your point about deluded Clyde fans but there are a few exceptions to the rule! I merely wanted to provide a wee bit of info about some of the teams who may come up for next season.

Anyway, I’ll pop back off to the diddy league forum now. Cheerio!

2 minutes ago, Scott-Replay said:

Now now Stevo, I fully understand (and even empathise with) your point about deluded Clyde fans but there are a few exceptions to the rule! I merely wanted to provide a wee bit of info about some of the teams who may come up for next season.

As long as its not Clyde!;)

You make “literally” no sense, you fucking buffoon.

It makes perfect sense, anybody with a different opinion to you and your enclave is met with derision. You and your ilk go out of your way to harass anyone with a different slant on your world view of the club. You think your cool as f**k because you belittle anybody that doesn’t agree with your opinion. If you want a cohesive convo about changing attitudes then drop the abuse of others or we just go round in circles.

10 hours ago, Scott-Replay said:

Wait...isn’t this the diddy league? East Fife are in it. That’s usually a guarantee that it’s a diddy league.

It makes perfect sense, anybody with a different opinion to you and your enclave is met with derision. You and your ilk go out of your way to harass anyone with a different slant on your world view of the club. You think your cool as f**k because you belittle anybody that doesn’t agree with your opinion. If you want a cohesive convo about changing attitudes then drop the abuse of others or we just go round in circles.

Just an observation, but yourself and your pal Frank conner are two of the worst people on this thread for abusive comments to others.

Just an observation, but yourself and your pal Frank conner are two of the worst people on this thread for abusive comments to others.

I have no friends on here. I’ve also observed on here for a decade the abuse meted out by yourselves. ie the usual suspects. So it’s not just Frank Connor or myself. The utter vitriol you people give to anyone that thinks a little differently to you is a disgrace. Especially the abuse FC receives. Just because he’s vocal in his condemnation of his abusers on here. But it’s only people like you that have the moral high ground that have any validation on here. You are utter No Marks, myself included that happen to Support the same team

I have no friends on here. I’ve also observed on here for a decade the abuse meted out by yourselves. ie the usual suspects. So it’s not just Frank Connor or myself. The utter vitriol you people give to anyone that thinks a little differently to you is a disgrace. Especially the abuse FC receives. Just because he’s vocal in his condemnation of his abusers on here. But it’s only people like you that have the moral high ground that have any validation on here. You are utter No Marks, myself included that happen to Support the same team

Shaughan’s on the tele these days, speak for yoursel!

1 hour ago, McGuigan1978 said:

Stick him on "Ignore". No disrespect to the guy but it gets tedious reading thro the  inane nonsense that he drags up.

3 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

Wait...isn’t this the diddy league? East Fife are in it. That’s usually a guarantee that it’s a diddy league.

Hell yeah it sure is a diddy league and you are well and truly part of it.

You hams fnishing 3rd behind Arbroath and Forfar is going to be delicious x

9 minutes ago, Stevo Fife said:

Hell yeah it sure is a diddy league and you are well and truly part of it.

You hams fnishing 3rd behind Arbroath and Forfar is going to be delicious x

Seriously? You’ve blown 4th Place and you’re slagging Rovers off? Take your slagging and sit down.