The New Raith Rovers Thread

It would be quite funny if McKinnon was relegated next week by his dream club.
It would be. Although it would be even funnier if we relegated him in the play offs.

Being stuck in this league with Falkirk next season doesn't fill me with much enthusiasm though.

It would be. Although it would be even funnier if we relegated him in the play offs.

Being stuck in this league with Falkirk next season doesn't fill me with much enthusiasm though.

The nightmare scenario for sure as McKinnon will spend spend spend. I reckon this will be the toughest season we’ll encounter with Peterhead and the potential of Edinburgh City coming up too. The latter team have the means to spend too as they have major investors involved. We’ll have to get the balance right for next seasons league 1 campaign. That sounded quite defeatist, but that’s the feeling a lot of us have in that we aren’t good enough to see out the play offs. Sorry that’s my opinion

The nightmare scenario for sure as McKinnon will spend spend spend. I reckon this will be the toughest season we’ll encounter with Peterhead and the potential of Edinburgh City coming up too. The latter team have the means to spend too as they have major investors involved. We’ll have to get the balance right for next seasons league 1 campaign. That sounded quite defeatist, but that’s the feeling a lot of us have in that we aren’t good enough to see out the play offs. Sorry that’s my opinion
My worry as well. With one or both of Brechin and Stenny going down to replaced by Peterhead and maybe Clyde or Edinburgh it's going to be a much harder league especially with who could come down. If we were to stay full time next season and want to go up we'd need to do it fully committed, not a half arsed attempt like this season. If we go part time then we do what Arbroath have done and sign up the best part time players going.

Falkirk coming down would be a strange one. You'd think they'd throw money about but by all accounts they don't have that much going around. They've already binned their youth system to focus on the first team and this season thrown a load of money at that. Interesting to hear if any Falkirk fans would be worried. Add that to if McKinnon is still there then he's never actually managed to get a team promoted yet.

Fucks sake, now we’re shiteing ourselves about the prospect of playing Peterhead and possibly Edinburgh City and Clyde. 

I think Raith Rovers need to run classes in self esteem for it’s supporters.

Aye how does Peterhead and/or Edinburgh City makes things more difficult for us?

Peterhead have decent players and literally destroyed League 2. Edinburgh City have money. We don’t it’s that simple. They might be the better option for the best part time players/ or a new challenge than the established teams in Scottish lower league terms . They’re an exciting prospect, we are not.

Fucks sake, now we’re shiteing ourselves about the prospect of playing Peterhead and possibly Edinburgh City and Clyde. 

I think Raith Rovers need to run classes in self esteem for it’s supporters.

After 3 seasons of utter abject failure on footballing and business ethics lowers the expectations somewhat

Peterhead have decent players and literally destroyed League 2. Edinburgh City have money. We don’t it’s that simple. They might be the better option for the best part time players/ or a new challenge than the established teams in Scottish lower league clubs. They’re an exciting prospect, we are not.
They would be level on points with Clyde without the points deduction. I don't really think they've destroyed league 2. Plus it's league 2 ffs.

They would be level on points with Clyde without the points deduction. I don't really think they've destroyed league 2. Plus it's league 2 ffs.

Albion Rovers were League 1 last season, look where they are now. Scrapping for their lives, so that puts paid to your disrespect of League 2. But hey it doesn’t matter what I say does it. Virtue points are what’s going down with you lot.

Albion Rovers were League 1 last season, look where they are now. Scrapping for their lives, so that puts paid to your disrespect of League 2. But hey it doesn’t matter what I say does it. Virtue points are what’s going down with you lot.

Well no because Albion Rovers went skint lost all their good players and signed a load of shitey junior players

Trust me, the bottom half of League 2 is full of absolute mince

The top 3/4 teams would all have the ability to do reasonably well in this league

10 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

Albion Rovers managed to beat Edinburgh City yesterday.

, 2z3ohk.jpg

I don't mean to be disrespectful, but I find the idea of panicking about maybe facing Peterhead or Edinburgh City next season ridiculous.

It was merely my opinion, Edinburgh seem to be an exciting club on the up.