The New Raith Rovers Thread

Right get ready for it, if the young boy, 8 stone and 5 foot 7, has to go in goals, the fans have to make him feen ten foot tall and bomb proof. Sing his name and tell him he's brilliant.
I never realised how ridiculous the Potter semi final was because i was 11. The team got through it though.

When it comes to the current squad, It’s definitely worth remembering that we’d never have had McGuffie, Gullan and Barjonas if it weren’t for injuries, nor Dingwall if Armstrong had stayed. We’d probably had never wound up with Lyness either if Kieron Wright wasn’t out when McGlynn arrived. So it’s easy to say McGlynn has made signings but all were replacements for injuries, and some of them were replacements for replacements. Only so much you can expect in that situation, and Vaughan, Duggan, Armstrong and Hendry starting rather than Buchanan, Gullan, McGuffie and Barjonas? That’s a big change to the squad we see at the moment, and surely at least one of those extra wages would have wound up going on an actual right back...

It’s not the only factor, of course, and we could still have done much better despite it. There was nothing much wrong with the sides that led at Forfar and Brechin, for example, before going on to lose.

But I’d give McGlynn the summer personally. Inherited a pretty terrible squad, hugely imbalanced, and got hit by a huge spate of injuries into the bargain. He’ll get it right.

When it comes to the current squad, It’s definitely worth remembering that we’d never have had McGuffie, Gullan and Barjonas if it weren’t for injuries, nor Dingwall if Armstrong had stayed. We’d probably had never wound up with Lyness either if Kieron Wright wasn’t out when McGlynn arrived. So it’s easy to say McGlynn has made signings but all were replacements for injuries, and some of them were replacements for replacements. Only so much you can expect in that situation, and Vaughan, Duggan, Armstrong and Hendry starting rather than Buchanan, Gullan, McGuffie and Barjonas? That’s a big change to the squad we see at the moment, and surely at least one of those extra wages would have wound up going on an actual right back...

It’s not the only factor, of course, and we could still have done much better despite it. There was nothing much wrong with the sides that led at Forfar and Brechin, for example, before going on to lose.

But I’d give McGlynn the summer personally. Inherited a pretty terrible squad, hugely imbalanced, and got hit by a huge spate of injuries into the bargain. He’ll get it right.
Summed it up in a far better way than I have attempted to for weeks now. Welcome to the "clique"

33 minutes ago, grumswall said:
2 hours ago, Paco said:

Summed it up in a far better way than I have attempted to for weeks now. Welcome to the "clique"

:rolleyes:

11 minutes ago, grumswall said:
51 minutes ago, Frank conner said:
:rolleyes:

Still jealous your not in the group chat Frank?

Nah I'll just stick to the SMALL group of fans who didn't agree with Mcglynns appointment.  I'd love to know why Calderon thinks it's a small group is that based on opinions on a forum that's a wee bit arrogant. 

One thing I'm sure we can agree on is that it is now only a small group that are fiercely loyal ( I don't recall Jimmy Nicholl commanding this amount of loyalty) the majority have seen enough. 

Don't worry tho Mcglynn won't be sacked at the end of the season the only reason he might walk away is if or indeed when we get pumped out of the playoffs he takes the reaction of the fans badly. You could pretty much assume it will be far worse than Saturday's reaction. 

Nah I'll just stick to the SMALL group of fans who didn't agree with Mcglynns appointment.  I'd love to know why Calderon thinks it's a small group is that based on opinions on a forum that's a wee bit arrogant. 
One thing I'm sure we can agree on is that it is now only a small group that are fiercely loyal ( I don't recall Jimmy Nicholl commanding this amount of loyalty) the majority have seen enough. 
Don't worry tho Mcglynn won't be sacked at the end of the season the only reason he might walk away is if or indeed when we get pumped out of the playoffs he takes the reaction of the fans badly. You could pretty much assume it will be far worse than Saturday's reaction. 
I'm yet to see anyone not say anything negative on any forum about mcglynns tenure this time round tbh. There's a difference between that and calling for the guys head obviously but even on here I'd reckon there's more people who would be happy to see him gone. Iv always said mcglynn was never a quick fix, he will give us hard work and results once he is given the proper chance to do so, I.e a summer window, where he's not picking up the scraps no one else wants. You can't polish a turd no matter how good a manager you are. It's obvious Smith knew this seing as he chucked it at a time that kept his stock relatively high. It was wrong for us not to sign a rb in January etc but who was available, within budget and we were made aware of? There's more variables in signing a player than x signed for x team so we should have got him. As much as I defend mcglynn through these things I do agree he hasn't had the impact with consistency that most of us expected. It is hard when you have such an imbalanced squad to start with, then lose Vaughan, hendry, Armstrong etc as I said, paco made that point far better than I could though.

1 hour ago, Frank conner said:

I said it was a small group of fans who thought Mcglynn did a bad job last time and didn't want him this time. 

1 hour ago, grumswall said:
2 hours ago, Frank conner said:

I'm yet to see anyone not say anything negative on any forum about mcglynns tenure this time round tbh. There's a difference between that and calling for the guys head obviously but even on here I'd reckon there's more people who would be happy to see him gone. Iv always said mcglynn was never a quick fix, he will give us hard work and results once he is given the proper chance to do so, I.e a summer window, where he's not picking up the scraps no one else wants. You can't polish a turd no matter how good a manager you are. It's obvious Smith knew this seing as he chucked it at a time that kept his stock relatively high. It was wrong for us not to sign a rb in January etc but who was available, within budget and we were made aware of? There's more variables in signing a player than x signed for x team so we should have got him. As much as I defend mcglynn through these things I do agree he hasn't had the impact with consistency that most of us expected. It is hard when you have such an imbalanced squad to start with, then lose Vaughan, hendry, Armstrong etc as I said, paco made that point far better than I could though.

Agree with what both you and Paco have said re the situation McGlynn "inherited" but, hey....don't let your actual facts  and rationale you both posted get in the way of a good MUMP by the usual suspects!! ;)

Agree with what both you and Paco have said re the situation McGlynn "inherited" but, hey....don't let your actual facts  and rationale you both posted get in the way of a good MUMP by the usual suspects!! [emoji6]

Grumswall and Paco were very articulate in their appraisal of the season so far. Im right behind John McGlynn to get it right. For me a hybrid system is the only way forward. But that’s just me. If McGlynn got his way who could we get to strengthen and stem this downward spiral.