The New Raith Rovers Thread

27 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Falkirk coming down would be a fucking disaster, tbh. Really need them to stay up in the event that we don’t go up in the playoffs.

Imagine they'd have the highest budget of any coming down but barring Alloa we'd be second in budget to all of the others, at least for the season coming.

It's a bit of a shitter, but we'll need to see if the board actually has a joined up plan for league 1 next year....

It totally depends where we end up obviously. If we somehow go up, Alloa staying up and Falkirk coming down with Partick would be the ideal scenario. If we stay down it all changes and that would be worst case scenario and a fucking disaster, virtually ensuring an additional year at this level.

I think my preference is Alloa down automatically with QOS in the play offs. But whoever the championship side is will likely win the play offs which we will be hoping for if Forfar beat us. McKinnon relegating Falkirk would be pretty funny, it’s a shame I can’t give it my full backing due to the effect it would have on us.

14 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Its our away form which is awful thats fucked our season not Vaughan being out injured

Combination of both. Vaughan is an excellent player when fit and has been a huge miss. We had obviously planned on having both him and Hendry available and we had neither. Really difficult to replace that. 

However the away form is awful. We've conceded twice as much goals then Arbroath away from home yet scored two more. Awful. 

A combination of any two of Falkirk, Partick, QoS or Morton would be a nightmare for next season. Even one of them would be bad enough.
Fear we'd go part-time tbh. From a Raith POV you really want us and/or Alloa if you fail to go up yourselves.

8 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Fear we'd go part-time tbh. From a Raith POV you really want us and/or Alloa if you fail to go up yourselves.

Am I right in thinking Queens crowd's aren't really any better that ours right now? Don't know how much of a factor that may be in budgeting for next season. 

Am I right in thinking Queens crowd's aren't really any better that ours right now? Don't know how much of a factor that may be in budgeting for next season. 
Yip, shite. Apparently our squad will be made up of League 1 and 2 players next season so it could be a long hard season regardless of what division we're in.

If Dobbie was to retire, then it'd be a different story. If he's still going, then it'd be hilarious given Kevin Nisbet is the latest to drop down and turn into a goalscoring machine.

That or he'd do his ACL...
Dobbie is a goalscoring machine where he is, the playoffs should not be an issue for any of the bottom championship teams.

54 minutes ago, microdave said:

Just the thought of the meltdown the Falkirk fans will have on here is enough for me wanting them relegated. Unsure whether automatic or through the play off relegation would be funnier.

Ray McKinnon could always blame the pitches :P

Delicious

2 hours ago, CALDERON said:

Combination of both. Vaughan is an excellent player when fit and has been a huge miss. We had obviously planned on having both him and Hendry available and we had neither. Really difficult to replace that. 

However the away form is awful. We've conceded twice as much goals then Arbroath away from home yet scored two more. Awful. 

Fairish comment but we,ve won 3 at home and only 1 away from home since Vaughan went out injured

IMG_1925.thumb.jpg.80aef3687203f85a66659c7e79c31246.jpg

IMG_1926.jpg.fb92bef574d96af555c6efeccce0bfe9.jpg

Saw these on twitter and just wondered who people thought were coming down and who will be in the playoffs. Some end to the season in the Championship

Looking at those pics, Falkirk have by far the hardest run-in and will probably finish in the bottom 2. I’d love it if we can relegate Ray McKinnon. The atmosphere would be outstanding.

QotS have the easiest run-in IMO. They should have enough to stay up.

I’d take Morton or Falkirk in the playoffs before Alloa though. Alloa would give me the fear tbh, after last year as Jim Goodwin knows exactly how to set his teams up against us.

Whatever happens though, I’m actually starting to look forward to the playoffs. A bit more optimistic going into them this year under McGlynn than I was last year under Smith.

39 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Looking at those pics, Falkirk have by far the hardest run-in and will probably finish in the bottom 2. I’d love it if we can relegate Ray McKinnon. The atmosphere would be outstanding.

QotS have the easiest run-in IMO. They should have enough to stay up.

I’d take Morton or Falkirk in the playoffs before Alloa though. Alloa would give me the fear tbh, after last year as Jim Goodwin knows exactly how to set his teams up against us.

Whatever happens though, I’m actually starting to look forward to the playoffs. A bit more optimistic going into them this year under McGlynn than I was last year under Smith.

If we were able to relegate Barry Smith, Lewis Toshney and Ray Mckinnon in the same season that would be worth not winning the title.