The New Raith Rovers Thread

13 minutes ago, grumswall said:
18 minutes ago, Michael W said:
McGlynn should've stayed in his cushy job at Celtic. 
For both parties, this would've been preferable. 

Not even defending mcglynn but who could we have actually got who could have done anything with this shower of a squad?

I don't know tbh. However the appointment made hasn't worked. 

The squad is only an excuse for some of it, but the difference between our home and away form is entirely on McGlynn. No excuses at all for his failure to adapt the way we play. 

7 minutes ago, Michael W said:

The squad is only an excuse for some of it, but the difference between our home and away form is entirely on McGlynn. No excuses at all for his failure to adapt the way we play. 

Only defence I'd offer Mcglynn is they there is an element of players ignoring instructions.  At a ground like this where the dugouts are so close it's pretty clear. 

I agree, I do think he will get it right once he's had the summer to build his own squad though.

2 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Only defence I'd offer Mcglynn is they there is an element of players ignoring instructions.  At a ground like this where the dugouts are so close it's pretty clear. 

I remember the same being said when Hughes was in charge. No idea if it was the same under Smith. 

If players are ignoring instructions there is a clear problem with respect. 

First away win of 2019 against a team we’d failed to beat in our previous 3 attempts. Can’t be bad. Onwards and upwards. Could do with a couple more wins for us and a couple more Arbroath defeats to make it really interesting on Sunday 21st April.

I’ve looked at the remaining fixtures and convinced myself it’s happening.

Very, very unlikely (it’s happening!...no, no, it can’t...it is!). However, if the 'two further wins for us, two further defeats for Arbroath' scenario comes to pass, then I may have to make the Sunday trip to Arbroath.

It's not happening but it shouldn't stop you from looking at the remaining fixtures and fantasising about Arbroath imploding and us winning it at home on the final day against Barry Smith's Brechin. 
Man, that would be sweet. 
Stranger things have happened.

17 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

It's not happening but it shouldn't stop you from looking at the remaining fixtures and fantasising about Arbroath imploding and us winning it at home on the final day against Barry Smith's Brechin. 

Man, that would be sweet. 

We are away to Montrose on the final day.  Dreams over. 

There is no chance we are coming back unfortunately. We would need to win all our games which isn’t happening and even if we did Arbroath only need another couple of wins.

I think we all thought the title was over before we played Arbroath at home. However, looking at the table, if we’d won that we’d definitely be in the hunt now. Sums up our season though so many silly points dropped and very inconsistent. In saying that we now have 1 defeat in 7, hopefully the start of some sort of momentum going into the play offs.

Chance to string 3 straight league wins together next week for the first time in a year which would be a big boost. Stenny have been woeful against us this year but their recent results suggest they’re much improved and fighting for their lives so it will be tough.