The New Raith Rovers Thread

How much was the Astro say it was £250k the loss of £150k isn’t that bad, you should make money off the Astro next year
6/700k for the pitch. That wasn't in those set of accounts. The cost of the pitch is paid by John sim (our owner) but within the company that owns the stadium, rather than the club.

7 hours ago, grumswall said:
8 hours ago, Overthehedge1 said:
How much was the Astro say it was £250k the loss of £150k isn’t that bad, you should make money off the Astro next year

6/700k for the pitch. That wasn't in those set of accounts. The cost of the pitch is paid by John sim (our owner) but within the company that owns the stadium, rather than the club.

Within the accounts will there be a figure for rent back to John Sim?

12 hours ago, grumswall said:
12 hours ago, Overthehedge1 said:

Thats right but is he not the main man in the club as well as the stadium? on that basis you,d think he,d benefit from a decent team on the park...There was a discussion on the EPL show on Saturday night about clubs that stadium ownership is seperated from club ownership.Some of these clubs like ours are in the shit

Edited by Rovers_Lad

That £400k loss is staggering, and in all honesty would probably have put many of us in the lower leagues out of the game. Making a small loss for teams in our leagues is normal - £400k is obscene. Makes me wonder why you guys shut down the hospitality side of things last year, when surely all income would have been welcome.

Even if by some sort of financial wizardry the board have halved the loss for 2018/19, that would still be £600k loss in 2 years - genuinely think this is the slippery slope toward starks park being sold off, how else can this be sustainable?

1 hour ago, FullTimePint said:

That £400k loss is staggering, and in all honesty would probably have put many of us in the lower leagues out of the game. Making a small loss for teams in our leagues is normal - £400k is obscene. Makes me wonder why you guys shut down the hospitality side of things last year, when surely all income would have been welcome.

Even if by some sort of financial wizardry the board have halved the loss for 2018/19, that would still be £600k loss in 2 years - genuinely think this is the slippery slope toward starks park being sold off, how else can this be sustainable?

Starks Park wouldn,t be worth a great deal

Those financial results are quite grim. It would be interesting to see to what extent they improve this year with the “tighter cost control” but its obviously in no way sustainable.

I had written off this season with a view to next, but I think those results are a stark reminder that we can only continue “throwing” money at promotion for so long – so it puts a wee bit of pressure to gain promotion this season.

That said, expectations are so low that maybe we will actually do it this time. This will be the first time in recent years we haven’t went into playoffs with some kind of massive cloud hanging over us. In 15/16 the Mckinnon fiasco had started to gather place, 16/17 was just a culmination of shite from Jan onwards and last season we had the devastation of losing the league on the last day.

Certainly feels that the club are at a crossroads. We are by no means too big to be in this league, but in my lifetime the Rovers have typically been a Championship/Second tier club with all too brief flirtations with the level above, and more frequent experiences with the level below. A third season at this level with finances moving in an, at best, new direction, would be a bit concerning. 

Right all you Raith Rovers brainboxes!! The 200 Club annual quiz is being held this Friday 29th March at 7pm. They are still looking for a few more teams of 4 persons. It's only £10/team to enter and this also includes a buffet. The questions are tailored to suit all abilities so don't think that you can't take part. This is very much a fun evening and if your team is victorious you will win a case of beer and a fantastic genuine real simulated silver trophy. More importantly you will have bragging rights over the other teams for a whole year.
There will also be a raffle with all proceeds going to Raith Rovers.
Get in touch if you wish to take part.

A small crumb of comfort in that statement :lol:

The financial pressures of League One continue this season, particularly related to monthly cash flow, however the board are projecting improved financial results for this full financial year helped by strong cost controls and by the recent Scottish Cup run." 

I think they will give Mcglynn another season but personally would try and lure Craig Easton and Scott Robertson in as our new management team

We've just released ridiculously bad financial results and you want to pay off another manager and assistant, who got us out this league the last time they were here, to give the job to 2 men who haven't managed higher than development/reserve level.

Jeeez.

4 minutes ago, kev23 said:

We've just released ridiculously bad financial results and you want to pay off another manager and assistant, who got us out this league the last time they were here, to give the job to 2 men who haven't managed higher than development/reserve level.

Jeeez.

Who were also coaches in a season where we failed to go up. 

A small crumb of comfort in that statement :lol:

The financial pressures of League One continue this season, particularly related to monthly cash flow, however the board are projecting improved financial results for this full financial year helped by strong cost controls and by the recent Scottish Cup run." 

Aye we’re only losing £200k again. Yay!

Look out the buckets.

Obviously just a joke as we’ll be winning the play-offs and everything will be fine. Nothing to see here.

Johnny Russell scored for Scotland last night.
Am I right (or wrong) that in his last game for us which was at Stark's Park he scored a hat trick.
Was it the last game of the season and who was it against ?
many thanks for a memory better than mine.

I think it was against Ross County on the last day of the season, we won 4-1 I’m sure.