The New Raith Rovers Thread

There will be at least a few on £25-30k. Must be to hit that scale of loss. 
I recall some moaning from our BoD a couple of seasons ago about players wanting more money due to the prize money restructure and Hearts/Rangers being in the Championship. The latter two have obviously long departed, but players wages were never going to go down following that. Relegation of course causes all sorts of issues even allowing for any clauses that cut pay. 
That scale of loss is the reason I was content for Jason Thomson to leave. Ignoring the fact we just didn't bother signing a replacement and that it's caused big problems in defence, he'd have been one of our higher earners. Seems like more of them needed to leave as well, really . 
Tbf £25k a year is not a massive salary for a full time footballer.

21 minutes ago, foreverarover said:
5 hours ago, Michael W said:
There will be at least a few on £25-30k. Must be to hit that scale of loss. 
I recall some moaning from our BoD a couple of seasons ago about players wanting more money due to the prize money restructure and Hearts/Rangers being in the Championship. The latter two have obviously long departed, but players wages were never going to go down following that. Relegation of course causes all sorts of issues even allowing for any clauses that cut pay. 
That scale of loss is the reason I was content for Jason Thomson to leave. Ignoring the fact we just didn't bother signing a replacement and that it's caused big problems in defence, he'd have been one of our higher earners. Seems like more of them needed to leave as well, really . 

Tbf £25k a year is not a massive salary for a full time footballer.

It is for a team that gets 1300-1500 fans a week. 

1 hour ago, foreverarover said:

Well there you have answered it.... Why are we full time?

This is our problem in a nut shell. We know that full time football cannot be sustained in this league, and that the losses were tolerated in an attempt to get out the league. 

We are the last choice for players that want FT football, so quality is an issue. On top of that we are then competing with players that feel what we can offer isn't worth it and that they may as well go PT, probably exacerbating our loss position by giving them enough to stay FT. 

There is the hybrid option we had previously, or to go fully part time. I'm comfortable with the former but going fully PT would be a disaster and would set us back years. 

There is no easy answer, but costs must be cut. 

This is our problem in a nut shell. We know that full time football cannot be sustained in this league, and that the losses were tolerated in an attempt to get out the league. 
We are the last choice for players that want FT football, so quality is an issue. On top of that we are then competing with players that feel what we can offer isn't worth it and that they may as well go PT, probably exacerbating our loss position by giving them enough to stay FT. 
There is the hybrid option we had previously, or to go fully part time. I'm comfortable with the former but going fully PT would be a disaster and would set us back years. 
There is no easy answer, but costs must be cut. 
If its Alloa only coming down and we don't go up then its only conceivable surely we turn part time.

What we need is a big sponsor. Can I suggest we contact 18 - 30 holidays cos every time we go away we get f***ed.

On a more serious note, and I have mentioned this before, every year we hold a Hall Of Fame night and there is always a scramble for tickets. It has outgrown it's venue years ago. Hold this at Starks in pre-season with the stage in front of the south stand. We could then sell 2500 tickets @ £12 and get all the drinks/food concessions into the rovers pot.

What we need is a big sponsor. Can I suggest we contact 18 - 30 holidays cos every time we go away we get f***ed.
On a more serious note, and I have mentioned this before, every year we hold a Hall Of Fame night and there is always a scramble for tickets. It has outgrown it's venue years ago. Hold this at Starks in pre-season with the stage in front of the south stand. We could then sell 2500 tickets @ £12 and get all the drinks/food concessions into the rovers pot.

It would piss with rain and be fucking baltic. That's why.

I’ve always wanted to see Harry Redknapp in a wet t-shirt competition.

9 hours ago, rrfsee said:

I’m sure Coldplay are pencilled in at SP on that day neebur. 

On 23/03/2019 at 09:09, Mon_The_Fife said:

Wow, that is some loss. Almost £400k! Even if Raith did get promoted would they really gather that money back in gate receipts? Highly doubt it.

Out of interest, how much do Raith players get paid per week?

How much was the Astro say it was £250k the loss of £150k isn’t that bad, you should make money off the Astro next year