The New Raith Rovers Thread

As a Dumbarton fan looking in there are 2 things to note from the statement; the fact that the club is actually sharing these figures with you should be seen as a positive, dfc don't even have agms as far as I know never mind present figures, and secondly your club have cut £400,000 pa from their outgoings, that would have taken a lot of careful thought I would think.

6 hours ago, Wullie McNaught said:

Would a monthly donation scheme similar to the one the pars operate work at the Rovers, or are we all so fucking disillusioned that there wouldn’t be sufficient donators to make it worth while? At this moment we have a hardcore of 1300, if say 900 made a monthly £10 donation, that’s 9 grand in the coffers to help with cash flow each month. Perhaps the club could put the feelers out via the excellent social media output that’s in place now?

Those accounts figures scare the shit out of me, life with the Rovers is unthinkable, surely...

Wullie absolutely not..... Couldn't trust this lot with my gate receipt let along a standing order.  We have no facilities to generate cash outwith 2pm - 5pm every second Saturday. A push to have another club use the facilities is needed for a start. A local well run youth team for instance. No decent facilities for functions of any size. Instead of a pitch money should have been spent on a decent function suite at the back of the railway stand for fans to use pre match. Supporters of both home and away clubs could use it. People will no go on about the 200 club etc which we are greatful to have for extra income, but I'm no paying a membership to a club for me to buy one pint as I have to drive to matches. 

8 minutes ago, sonsanorak said:

As a Dumbarton fan looking in there are 2 things to note from the statement; the fact that the club is actually sharing these figures with you should be seen as a positive, dfc don't even have agms as far as I know never mind present figures, and secondly your club have cut £400,000 pa from their outgoings, that would have taken a lot of careful thought I would think.

They have to as there are are fans as shareholders in the club. They have no option. 

Wullie absolutely not..... Couldn't trust this lot with my gate receipt let along a standing order.  We have no facilities to generate cash outwith 2pm - 5pm every second Saturday. A push to have another club use the facilities is needed for a start. A local well run youth team for instance. No decent facilities for functions of any size. Instead of a pitch money should have been spent on a decent function suite at the back of the railway stand for fans to use pre match. Supporters of both home and away clubs could use it. People will no go on about the 200 club etc which we are greatful to have for extra income, but I'm no paying a membership to a club for me to buy one pint as I have to drive to matches. 

It’s a pity we don’t have a decent function suite eh! Weddings, Conference rooms, all of these could’ve generated income. We have a plastic pitch to hire out. We have absolutely no imagination. Someone with some kind business acumen who is also a supporter. Time for Sim to reach out instead of a secular pals act.

3 hours ago, CALDERON said:

Problem I have with such schemes is that it means putting faith in those in charge to spend that money wisely. 

This

Besides,many like myself already purchased a season ticket,bought shares,bought  step up plaque,purchase 50/50 tickets,Lotto,merchandise.

Pockets are near empty

Edited by Rovers_Lad

We should have a fund created which has no source of attachment to the club. All monies from a new debenture scheme, other funds from all raith related clubs andGavins Fife finest with all their activities. It is obviously apparent that all the hard work done by individuals associated with above has made little to no impact on club finances. It has been miss managed. Generate a decent pot of cash for any type of fan ownership fund. There are clubs out there who have been given grants to assist in this. That my preferred option.

34 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

It’s a pity we don’t have a decent function suite eh! Weddings, Conference rooms, all of these could’ve generated income. We have a plastic pitch to hire out. We have absolutely no imagination. Someone with some kind business acumen who is also a supporter. Time for Sim to reach out instead of a secular pals act.

St Johnstone are a perfect example of what can be done.

As other clubs chairmen have stated "we can't all be next to a crematorium" however that's not their only asset, they have all the above.

Many years ago now Raith were offered the chance to build a new ground on what is now Randolph pitches.

The council offered funding but this was turned down.

I'm sure Penman wanted to build a stadium on the open cast ground across the road from the Randolph but this fell apart for various reasons only a few know.

Say no more on that one

St Johnstone are a perfect example of what can be done.
As other clubs chairmen have stated "we can't all be next to a crematorium" however that's not their only asset, they have all the above.
Many years ago now Raith were offered the chance to build a new ground on what is now Randolph pitches.
The council offered funding but this was turned down.
I'm sure Penman wanted to build a stadium on the open cast ground across the road from the Randolph but this fell apart for various reasons only a few know.
Say no more on that one
I'm of the opinion if we go down the fan ownership route of generating a war fund shall we say. There may be certain celebrity fans or wealthy businessmen who may assist if the club can be run properly by fans.

3 hours ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

Wow, that is some loss. Almost £400k! Even if Raith did get promoted would they really gather that money back in gate receipts? Highly doubt it.

Out of interest, how much do Raith players get paid per week?

There will be at least a few on £25-30k. Must be to hit that scale of loss. 

I recall some moaning from our BoD a couple of seasons ago about players wanting more money due to the prize money restructure and Hearts/Rangers being in the Championship. The latter two have obviously long departed, but players wages were never going to go down following that. Relegation of course causes all sorts of issues even allowing for any clauses that cut pay. 

That scale of loss is the reason I was content for Jason Thomson to leave. Ignoring the fact we just didn't bother signing a replacement and that it's caused big problems in defence, he'd have been one of our higher earners. Seems like more of them needed to leave as well, really . 

Edited by Michael W

On 3/22/2019 at 08:03, Angusfifer said:

In contrast to his erudition relating to other matters?

There is that tbf. 

On 3/22/2019 at 11:48, Tony Stark(s Park) said:

IMG_1834.jpgIMG_1835.jpg

Thoughts?

If that was Dunfermline figures we'd quite rightly be taking pelters.

I'm positive Raith went a few years in a row (Would've been after they finished second in the championship with posting a loss) where they posted a profit, what on earth has happened? Was Eric Drysdale a fantastic accountant? 

I completely get the reticence to place trust in the board to spend donations wisely, I also understand that a lot of us put money into the club via season tickets, replica shirts, the trust etc. But as scary says, financial disaster is on the horizon so surely the onus is on the fans to dig deeper if they can.

I’m just worried and I’m probably pishing into the wind to be honest, but the thought of no Rovers makes me sick.

Half of that amount was probably due to paying medical bills, then you have Gary F Locke & Jackson severance payments , but those aside it's still an almighty dent in any future budget for players 
Sadly we won't be paying of any manager in the forseeable either

I assume we’ll be paying off Barry Smith in this years accounts.