The New Raith Rovers Thread

21 hours ago, Tony Stark(s Park) said:

IMG_1834.jpgIMG_1835.jpg

Thoughts?

I have said many seasons ago that if we could not make a profit in the championship with 2 seasons of Rangers, Dundee Utd, Hibs and pars etc, it really shows how absolutely fucking clueless our Directors have been in the past and still are to this day after they have changed. There us absolutely no reason to justify that kind of debt in any league in Scotland for a club our size. There are no Directors in the last few seasons with any kind of business sense on a day to day working business. 

Edited by foreverarover

I have said many seasons ago that if we could not make a profit in league 1 with 2 seasons of Rangers, Dundee Utd, Hibs and pars etc, it really shows how absolutely fucking clueless our fire tors have been in the past and still are to this day after they have changed. There us absolutely no reason to justify that kind of debt in any league in Scotland for a club our size. There are no Directors in the last few seasons with any kind of business sense on a day to day working business. 
A point I've made many a times on here. We have a board with absolutely no experience of operating a business. Looking at that even if we were part time I can't see how we could even turn profit looking at those figures.

Maybe not throwing £25-30k a year at players like Davidson, Benedictus and Buchanan would be a starting point.

1 hour ago, foreverarover said:

I have said many seasons ago that if we could not make a profit in league 1 with 2 seasons of Rangers, Dundee Utd, Hibs and pars etc, it really shows how absolutely fucking clueless our fire tors have been in the past and still are to this day after they have changed. There us absolutely no reason to justify that kind of debt in any league in Scotland for a club our size. There are no Directors in the last few seasons with any kind of business sense on a day to day working business. 

Said as much in my previous post hence not a big surprise on the fnancial loss in the report

We all knew we'd lose money last season, and that it would be a heavy one. It was always on the cards being in the league and staying full time with the drop in prize money. 

I expected we'd lose about half of what we've actually lost, though - that is an absolutely disgraceful figure. The fuckwittery of Eric Drysdale continues to absolutely f**k us. 

Would a monthly donation scheme similar to the one the pars operate work at the Rovers, or are we all so fucking disillusioned that there wouldn’t be sufficient donators to make it worth while? At this moment we have a hardcore of 1300, if say 900 made a monthly £10 donation, that’s 9 grand in the coffers to help with cash flow each month. Perhaps the club could put the feelers out via the excellent social media output that’s in place now?

Those accounts figures scare the shit out of me, life with the Rovers is unthinkable, surely...

3 hours ago, Wullie McNaught said:

Would a monthly donation scheme similar to the one the pars operate work at the Rovers, or are we all so fucking disillusioned that there wouldn’t be sufficient donators to make it worth while? At this moment we have a hardcore of 1300, if say 900 made a monthly £10 donation, that’s 9 grand in the coffers to help with cash flow each month. Perhaps the club could put the feelers out via the excellent social media output that’s in place now?

Those accounts figures scare the shit out of me, life with the Rovers is unthinkable, surely...

Problem I have with such schemes is that it means putting faith in those in charge to spend that money wisely. 

Cheats, cheats etc every one of you.

But in seriousness, you should seriously look into that monthly scheme idea. You'll never get 900 but even a few hundred at £20 a month would make a huge difference. Why more clubs aren't doing this is astonishing given how its effect with us.

4 hours ago, Wullie McNaught said:

We still have a Monthly donation Scheme. It's called the Player Development Fund.  Don't know how many still contribute but remember at its peak there was over 120 contributors. Think the reason that DAFC lifeline and the Hearts Fan thingy is successful is one club was going to the wall and the other is racing towards fan ownership. We don't fill either criteria. Where do we go from here ?? Wholeheartedly agree with your last statement.

Edited by Surely No

The only certainty with Rovers is that financial strife is just around the corner.

I’ve kept donating to the Raith Trust. Only a fiver a month, but I’d probably increase that if asked. Long term, the only workable model I can see for smaller clubs is some form of fan ownership; feeling that the club actually belongs to you. That way fans are less likely to lose interest and walk away during the bad times.

I could possibly be talked into making a monthly donation to the club, but i’d be reluctant while it’s in its current form. I don’t own the club, I only support it. Buying a season ticket and playing Rovers Lotto is showing my support. If they want more then I want more.

When we were last in the financial mire I helped with donations and fundraising. Even after months of fundraising by all the supporters groups we only raised £100k. The result was a fan’s rep on the Board which has, in my view, not achieved much. I don’t feel any more informed or attached to the club than I did before the fans rep was in place.

How many fans signed up to the regular donations to the Development Squad? I’d imagine it would be a similar amount who would be happy to make monthly donations to the club in it’s current form.

Cheats, cheats etc every one of you.

But in seriousness, you should seriously look into that monthly scheme idea. You'll never get 900 but even a few hundred at £20 a month would make a huge difference. Why more clubs aren't doing this is astonishing given how its effect with us.

If the take-up was 120 fans at £20 a month we’d make £28,800. We’d need to go a bit to plug the £400k.

20 hours ago, Tony Stark(s Park) said:

IMG_1834.jpgIMG_1835.jpg

Thoughts?

I take my posts back about the accountants, those figures are staggering. Surely it’s time to cut their cloth unless they have someone covering these losses.

Edited by sinkorswim

Can only echo the words about the possibility of a monthly deposit scheme. How can we trust a board to spend that correctly when half of them are accountants and we see figures like this.

The problem is Sim seems to be a complete authoritarian who has a board full of his pals or yes men.

I think it would be a great idea to pay at least £10 or at a stretch £20 a month into the club. If we supposedly love the club as we do then why not. How do we go about it. Should the club be doing all they can to engage in the community. Work harder for sponsorship. We have a large catchment area. Believe it or not. This club is a big deal, especially us fans. I would happily sign up for this. I don’t want a say in the running of the club. That’s completely up to the manager. The only thing I’d want in return is a proper business ethic