The New Raith Rovers Thread

I never  attacked anyone with learning difficulties ? not that I am aware of  ? please help to show where I did this ? if  I did I was not aware of it , would NEVER  do that . 

I pulled you up on it at the time. Was a couple of months back or so. I even seeked clarity from another fife fan to make sure I wasn't being precious about it. It was me you had a go at for having learning difficulties, so you are right that you didn't attack anyone with learning difficulties. I'm on the app or I would have a look for the exact posts.

1 hour ago, Adam101 said:

So the owner(s) putting cash in shouldn't be considered profit? It was our first year of profit since 1997 and we have been in profit since.

Erm no - throwing money in from an external source does not mean that your football club made a profit. Nor have you actually made a trading profit since AFAIK. 

The idea that Raith or any other club can do just fine in the seaside leagues based on Dunfermline's fans' group propping their club up off the back of an admin battle is complete and utter nonsense. 

I think there is still a clear distinction between PT and FT. FT teams can practise a hell of a lot more than PT teams, granted part time footballers in the main won't be physically exhausted by the time they get to their training, being a Herbalife salesman isnt really a second job mainly because the advertise the low amount of hours it takes its pretty much a hobby with an income stream, I doubt you could live off that kind of work

Players aren't just selling Herbalife as a side job champ: Michael Tidser for example runs his own sports massage business alongside playing football for Morton; Derek Gaston presumably kept the same job that he had as a lifeguard at a swimming pool when he went from part-time football at Albion Rovers to full-time football with us as well. I agree that there ought to be a difference on the park in terms of organisation and effectiveness between the two setups, but if people think that either part-time players aren't as fit as full-time ones - or by the same token that good part-timers will be much cheaper for clubs to sign than the bottom of the full-time market - then they're deluding themselves. The economic reality doesn't change much at all for players or clubs moving between those two levels. 

Edited by vikingTON

1 minute ago, virginton said:

Erm no - throwing money in from an external source does not mean that your football club made a profit. Nor have you actually made a trading profit since AFAIK. 

The idea that Raith or any other club can do just fine in the seaside leagues based on Dunfermline's fans' group propping their club up is complete and utter nonsense. 

Players aren't just selling Herbalife as a side job champ: Michael Tidser for example runs his own sports massage business alongside playing football for Morton; Derek Gaston presumably kept the same job that he had as a lifeguard at a swimming pool when he went from part-time football at Albion Rovers to full-time football with us as well. I agree that there ought to be a difference on the park in terms of organisation and effectiveness between the two setups, but if people think that either part-time players aren't as fit as full-time ones -or by the same token will be much cheaper options for clubs to bring in than the bottom of the full-time market - then they'e deluding themselves. The economic reality doesn't change much at all for players or clubs moving between those two levels. 

If Greenock Morton or Raith Rovers fans put £250k a year into their club then if they don't make a profit it would be an extremely low loss, as Dunfermline is owned by the fans I don't see it any different to the situation of Dundee United when their wealthy owner pumps cash into the club. As Raith have a more traditional governance structure then why aren't to board filling their hands to get them out the mess they created via Gary Locke

I would guess more full time players have nice wee jobs on the side rather than graft like being a lifeguard or running their own company. The economics like you say will be different but there is a huge advantage to a full time squad in League one all the players right down the divisions will be as fit as each other (pretty much)

I think the season you had Greig Spence etc Al was a quality squad surprised you didn't go all out to get Cardle him and Armstrong would have seen you come good
For whatever reason in his two spells with us it hasn't worked out for Spence (his chip over moshni apart) He was here last season, Armstrong was here for 2/3 months of this season. Flannagan pretty much got a new contract out of having Armstrong on the other wing taking the heat off him.

5 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

If Greenock Morton or Raith Rovers fans put £250k a year into their club then if they don't make a profit it would be an extremely low loss, as Dunfermline is owned by the fans I don't see it any different to the situation of Dundee United when their wealthy owner pumps cash into the club. As Raith have a more traditional governance structure then why aren't to board filling their hands to get them out the mess they created via Gary Locke

No club's fanbase is going to consistently shovel in an additional £250k a year on top of season tickets to bail out their club's excessive costs from playing in the seaside leagues.  Nor will any board that isn't being dominated by a sugar daddy such as Douglas Rae, whose family now have a big stack of worthless IOUs to show for it. 

12 minutes ago, grumswall said:
20 minutes ago, tazz1903 said:
I never  attacked anyone with learning difficulties ? not that I am aware of  ? please help to show where I did this ? if  I did I was not aware of it , would NEVER  do that . 

I pulled you up on it at the time. Was a couple of months back or so. I even seeked clarity from another fife fan to make sure I wasn't being precious about it. It was me you had a go at for having learning difficulties, so you are right that you didn't attack anyone with learning difficulties. I'm on the app or I would have a look for the exact posts.

Hi can you post the contents of the conversation we had on the thread regarding what I said to you and what you said to me ?  If  I offended you ? I do apologise  , I would never attack anyone with learning difficulties  .

Hi can you post the contents of the conversation we had on the thread regarding what I said to you and what you said to me ?  If  I offended you ? I do apologise  , I would never attack anyone with learning difficulties  .
Feel free to give me a pm about it. As I said I'm on the app so can't easily do so. I'm happy to do it once I'm at my laptop again though.

Feel free to give me a pm about it. As I said I'm on the app so can't easily do so. I'm happy to do it once I'm at my laptop again though.

You can search key words on the app. Anyhoo, found this. It’s from the Brechin v Rovers thread from back in January.

But you asked if I only post when sober and I am  the worst EF poster ever ?  Really ?  I think you might have learning difficulties or a disability ?   Help is out there if you need it .

1 hour ago, virginton said:

No club's fanbase is going to consistently shovel in an additional £250k a year on top of season tickets to bail out their club's excessive costs from playing in the seaside leagues.  Nor will any board that isn't being dominated by a sugar daddy such as Douglas Rae, whose family now have a big stack of worthless IOUs to show for it. 

Depends how long a period consistently is really maybe up to 10 years after that I would expect things to flag and or the clubs business model to stop requiring this amount of cash injection.

McGlynn is all over the place in today's FFP.  He's saying 6 of our 7 losses and 7 of our 9 draws have been away from home (it's 5 losses and 5 draws) then he says of the Forfar match "it's not rocket science to work out that if it's a draw you go further ahead" :unsure2:

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

McGlynn is all over the place in today's FFP.  He's saying 6 of our 7 losses and 7 of our 9 draws have been away from home (it's 5 losses and 5 draws) then he says of the Forfar match "it's not rocket science to work out that if it's a draw you go further ahead" :unsure2:

F2510641-0924-437D-A1FE-04BEEA6998A9.jpeg

I wonder if it was the home defeat to East Fife or the one to Arbroath that was too painful to remember.

To be fair, the Arbroath defeat seems to have finished me (that and a brand new excuse - serious health issue). Can’t see me returning until the end of the season. Might see us relegate Barry Smith’s boys.

12 hours ago, Adam101 said:

Depends how long a period consistently is really maybe up to 10 years after that I would expect things to flag and or the clubs business model to stop requiring this amount of cash injection.

Where is the £250k a year coming from then? Bearing in mind that your laughable 'model' only results in 'mebbe not losing any money running the football club this year': it wouldn't deliver a meaningful surplus that could be invested on projects to increase revenue; nor spent on the squad to secure an established place in the top flight. So the plan is for ordinary fans to chip in £2.5 million over ten years to receive nothing extra in return - I can see them queuing round the block to get a piece of that scheme!

2 hours ago, virginton said:

Where is the £250k a year coming from then? Bearing in mind that your laughable 'model' only results in 'mebbe not losing any money running the football club this year': it wouldn't deliver a meaningful surplus that could be invested on projects to increase revenue; nor spent on the squad to secure an established place in the top flight. So the plan is for ordinary fans to chip in £2.5 million over ten years to receive nothing extra in return - I can see them queuing round the block to get a piece of that scheme!

I dont know how to explain this to you but a football club posting porfit s year on year will result in a surplas of cash and therefore a more stable economic situation, considering you get 10x the money at the start of the season in the prem compared to the championship then its not hard to see that a few seasons in the premierhsip will really help clubs out.  as intresting as this is I dont think the Rovers thread is the place to discuss it unless they are intrested in various buisness models of football clubs.

10 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

I dont know how to explain this to you but a football club posting porfit s year on year will result in a surplas of cash and therefore a more stable economic situation,

What year on year profits? Here's what you actually predicted would happen:

17 hours ago, Adam101 said:

If Greenock Morton or Raith Rovers fans put £250k a year into their club then if they don't make a profit it would be an extremely low loss

So once we balance out those small profits and losses each year there isn't actually an accumulated pot of money to put into anything else. 

considering you get 10x the money at the start of the season in the prem compared to the championship then its not hard to see that a few seasons in the premierhsip will really help clubs out.  

Ah yes of course - it's back to the good old 'let's speculate on getting top flight football to fund our unsustainable football club' strategy yet again. Which has worked out spectacularly well for the likes of Livingston, Dundee, Gretna, Airdrieonians, Clyde, Dunfermline, Ayr United, Dundee (mk.II) and Livingston (mk. II) over the last 25 years. 

as intresting as this is I dont think the Rovers thread is the place to discuss it unless they are intrested in various buisness models of football clubs.

Well they are - we got on to this discussion from the suggestion of using a hybrid full time/part time setup. Which you then claimed wasn't necessary because all they had to do was get the fans to pump in £250k extra per year and all their problems would be sorted. And now we can conclude the discussion having showed that your back of a fag packet calculations and ridiculous analogy with Dunfermline's post-admin fighting fund is not a credible model for running a fucking tuck shop never mind a football club languishing in the seaside leagues.

Thanks for playing anyway. 

Edited by vikingTON

Realistically if you a run a club that just breaks even then it's a massive success at this level when looking to promotion. If this is the case for this season then virginton , f**k off and moan about your own club. You lot are a couple of defeats away from the playoff so you lot can't really criticise. Toddle off and moan in your own thread [emoji23]  

59 minutes ago, virginton said:

What year on year profits? Here's what you actually predicted would happen:

So once we balance out those small profits and losses each year there isn't actually an accumulated pot of money to put into anything else. 

Ah yes of course - it's back to the good old 'let's speculate on getting top flight football to fund our unsustainable football club' strategy yet again. Which has worked out spectacularly well for the likes of Livingston, Dundee, Gretna, Airdrieonians, Clyde, Dunfermline, Ayr United, Dundee (mk.II) and Livingston (mk. II) over the last 25 years. 

Well they are - we got on to this discussion from the suggestion of using a hybrid full time/part time setup. Which you then claimed wasn't necessary because all they had to do was get the fans to pump in £250k extra per year and all their problems would be sorted. And now we can conclude the discussion having showed that your back of a fag packet calculations and ridiculous analogy with Dunfermline's post-admin fighting fund is not a credible model for running a fucking tuck shop never mind a football club languishing in the seaside leagues.

Thanks for playing anyway. 

To be fair, that model has worked like a charm for Livi and Dundee. Both back in the top flight again. 

I dont know how to explain this to you but a football club posting porfit s year on year will result in a surplas of cash and therefore a more stable economic situation, considering you get 10x the money at the start of the season in the prem compared to the championship then its not hard to see that a few seasons in the premierhsip will really help clubs out.  as intresting as this is I dont think the Rovers thread is the place to discuss it unless they are intrested in various buisness models of football clubs.

Maybe you should think about using that surplus of cash to pay off your creditors.