The New Raith Rovers Thread

Where has all this chat of a hybrid sytem come from seems pretty bizare -  yes being in league one is crap but its not a disaster Dunfermline turned a profit in league one so it must be possible - I would think you are better sticking with either FT or PT otherwsie your training becomes utterly bizare Monday during the day then what Tuesday all day including the evening sesions off Wednesday then back in Thursday with a really long day again. Or do you have FT players who are on a contract but esentailly have Tues, Wed, Thurs off with a few sesions at night? If you don't come up through the play offs I would go for AJ he has got 2 teams up first time of asking and knows how to build a team to get out of your league.

PT / FT / Hybrid needs to be looked at for what is best to take you out of the league and sustain Championship football.

Take ourselves every time we have got promoted (other than last season) we have been part time or a hybrid and every time we have come straight back down the next season.

Last year we were properly full time and we should stay up. I don't think being PT works in the Championship, i dont know how Dumbarton survived up there for so long tbh. FT is the way to go! 

Where has all this chat of a hybrid sytem come from seems pretty bizare -  yes being in league one is crap but its not a disaster Dunfermline turned a profit in league one so it must be possible - I would think you are better sticking with either FT or PT otherwsie your training becomes utterly bizare Monday during the day then what Tuesday all day including the evening sesions off Wednesday then back in Thursday with a really long day again. Or do you have FT players who are on a contract but esentailly have Tues, Wed, Thurs off with a few sesions at night? If you don't come up through the play offs I would go for AJ he has got 2 teams up first time of asking and knows how to build a team to get out of your league.
I think the main reason dunfermline turned a profit was they had shed their debt. We still have ours which impacts on the budget we have available. Dunfermline also had larger crowds than we get again giving aj a bigger budget etc.

The hybrid model worked for us the last time we were in this league and even up into the championship. It wouldn't solve all of our problems but it would allow us a larger player pool to build a squad from in what in theory should be a more cost effective way.

59 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

It gave us our highest league finish in the last 20 years. 

1 hour ago, Adam101 said:

Where has all this chat of a hybrid sytem come from seems pretty bizare -  yes being in league one is crap but its not a disaster Dunfermline turned a profit in league one so it must be possible 

...only because the fans were pumping what was left of your admin 'fighting fund' into the club at £100ks a pop.  Not a 'profit' by any realistic definition during your years of utter failure then.

The idea of a clear PT/FT distinction in terms of the playing staff is outdated really. Part time footballers aren't traipsing out of the mines after a full shift to play midweek games anymore; meanwhile a lot of full time footballers in the Scottish lower leagues also have a second job outside of the game. It's not a question of whether players can work outside of football but whether their specific jobs can fit around a full-time training schedule. 

Edited by vikingTON

On 19/03/2019 at 20:05, 1320Lichtie said:

Biggest team in the league aye, but it's no as if he'd be moving up massively ffs. Be like moving from a Qots to a Dundee United or something emoji23.png

You'd be able to pay the best part time wages but not across the board, someone like Turner could be a key player for another PT side meaning they prioritise him more and pay him way above their average. At Raith he might not be a key player therefore that kind of wage wouldn't be offered.

You wouldn't be able to just cherry pick literally all the other clubs best players if you were PT ffs.

Who said we would cherry pick the best players out the division ffs ? I made a statement that I would like the Rovers to go for Turner don’t see an issue there . But make your mind up on one hand your saying why would he sign for the Rovers then on the other hand your saying he might  sign for another 1 st division club?  Turner won’t sign for us anyway considering he’s been to Aberdeen and a few other clubs down south on trial so would be pie in the sky for us

Has everyone purchased their East Fife tickets?

I’m not sensing much of an appetite for the game amongst my circle of friends. Has there been a clamour for tickets?

You would think there will be a bigger than usual East Fife home crowd given they’ve had the upper hand this season.

Has everyone purchased their East Fife tickets?

I’m not sensing much of an appetite for the game amongst my circle of friends. Has there been a clamour for tickets?

You would think there will be a bigger than usual East Fife home crowd given they’ve had the upper hand this season.

Not even discussed it in our group chat. Can’t say I’m particularly arsed for it.

Just checked - I’m working. Shame.

From "we don't care about this non-derby", to foaming at the mouth chair wielding cranial detachments, to apathetic misery and what looks like non-attendance for some.
What a rollercoaster of a season for the michty Rovers.

9 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

From "we don't care about this non-derby", to foaming at the mouth chair wielding cranial detachments, to apathetic misery and what looks like non-attendance for some.

You’re overthinking it. East Fife are still only slightly up from Cowdenbeath in the Fife derby stakes. There’s not much in it. I suspect there’s been little change there for the majority of us.

The lad who likes holding a chair above his head may have a different view.

4 hours ago, grumswall said:

I think the main reason dunfermline turned a profit was they had shed their debt. We still have ours which impacts on the budget we have available. Dunfermline also had larger crowds than we get again giving aj a bigger budget etc.

The hybrid model worked for us the last time we were in this league and even up into the championship. It wouldn't solve all of our problems but it would allow us a larger player pool to build a squad from in what in theory should be a more cost effective way.

I guess that's all very true, however I think there is a good argument for Quality rather than Quantity your reserves should provide some squad depth when teams are down the divisions, I thought it was a pretty odd move to not bring in a manager who had been successful in league one more recently 

4 hours ago, CALDERON said:

It gave us our highest league finish in the last 20 years. 

Really? That's pretty impressive I though your season when you got to the play offs was your highest for a while?

3 hours ago, virginton said:

...only because the fans were pumping what was left of your admin 'fighting fund' into the club at £100ks a pop.  Not a 'profit' by any realistic definition during your years of utter failure then.

The idea of a clear PT/FT distinction in terms of the playing staff is outdated really. Part time footballers aren't traipsing out of the mines after a full shift to play midweek games anymore; meanwhile a lot of full time footballers in the Scottish lower leagues also have a second job outside of the game. It's not a question of whether players can work outside of football but whether their specific jobs can fit around a full-time training schedule. 

So the owner(s) putting cash in shouldn't be considered profit? It was our first year of profit since 1997 and we have been in profit since.

I think there is still a clear distinction between PT and FT. FT teams can practise a hell of a lot more than PT teams, granted part time footballers in the main won't be physically exhausted by the time they get to their training, being a Herbalife salesman isnt really a second job mainly because the advertise the low amount of hours it takes its pretty much a hobby with an income stream, I doubt you could live off that kind of work

19 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

Funnily enough most Rovers fans can't be arsed with this game but it wouldn't surprise me if we still outnumbered you guys. You only had 323 at your last home game .

6 hours ago, Stevo Fife said:

Think that's Frank... (albeit I don't have him on ignore as I enjoy the seething. 

I think it's time I stopped posting on this site , I only tried to have a bit of banter with the rovers fans , sometimes OTT , but was only intended as banter (fun)  So I will not be posting any more on this site , will just read the posts that you guys put on here .  cheers Tazz1903 .

So the owner(s) putting cash in shouldn't be considered profit? It was our first year of profit since 1997 and we have been in profit since.
I think there is still a clear distinction between PT and FT. FT teams can practise a hell of a lot more than PT teams, granted part time footballers in the main won't be physically exhausted by the time they get to their training, being a Herbalife salesman isnt really a second job mainly because the advertise the low amount of hours it takes its pretty much a hobby with an income stream, I doubt you could live off that kind of work
Not showing up as letting me qoute the rest of your post. We have supposedly tried the quality over quantity squad this season. We don't have reserves. We have a hand full of youth players on ft contracts.

I think it's time I stopped posting on this site , I only tried to have a bit of banter with the rovers fans , sometimes OTT , but was only intended as banter (fun)  So I will not be posting any more on this site , will just read the posts that you guys put on here .  cheers Tazz1903 .
Had it just been banter, I doubt anyone (myself included) would have taken issue. When you attack people for potential learning difficulties etc then your just showing yourself up as being a tit.

1 minute ago, grumswall said:
29 minutes ago, tazz1903 said:

Had it just been banter, I doubt anyone (myself included) would have taken issue. When you attack people for potential learning difficulties etc then your just showing yourself up as being a tit.

I never  attacked anyone with learning difficulties ? not that I am aware of  ? please help to show where I did this ? if  I did I was not aware of it , would NEVER  do that . 

14 minutes ago, grumswall said:
1 hour ago, Adam101 said:

Not showing up as letting me qoute the rest of your post. We have supposedly tried the quality over quantity squad this season. We don't have reserves. We have a hand full of youth players on ft contracts.

I think the season you had Greig Spence etc Al was a quality squad surprised you didn't go all out to get Cardle him and Armstrong would have seen you come good