The New Raith Rovers Thread

4 hours ago, Brashy's Boots said:

That's not strictly true DDD. Ali More is an experienced business accountant and knows what it takes to manage through difficult times. I don't know much about the rest but the board needs a balance of football and business experience. Maybe the balance isn't right.

No, I'm not Ali More. Or his wife. Or related. Or a pal.

Hiya Ali, hiya Ali pal.

I’m going to go out in a limb here and suggest we’d bring in more money from being a successful Championship club, than from sporadically hiring out the pitch.
Can't dispute that but we need to get up first and do the board want to spent the money required to make that happen? I'm not sure they do.

5 hours ago, Brashy's Boots said:

That's not strictly true DDD. Ali More is an experienced business accountant and knows what it takes to manage through difficult times. I don't know much about the rest but the board needs a balance of football and business experience. Maybe the balance isn't right.

No, I'm not Ali More. Or his wife. Or related. Or a pal.

Easily checked. We have 2 Accountants currently in employment, John Sim and Ali More, 1 retired Accountant David Sim. So 3 out of 7 BoD are Accountants and we are still in a "Financial Disaster " !!!! 

17 minutes ago, Surely No said:

Easily checked. We have 2 Accountants currently in employment, John Sim and Ali More, 1 retired Accountant David Sim. So 3 out of 7 BoD are Accountants and we are still in a "Financial Disaster " !!!! 

Where’s the relevance in that? Accountants can’t pluck money out thin air. Your income will have dropped heavily being in League 1 and being accountants they will be prudent in what’s being spent so it’s not more than what’s coming in.

Yes they can do income expenditure forecasts and prepare accounts etc but being an accountant doesn’t mean they have the ability to increase income.

Edited by sinkorswim

51 minutes ago, sinkorswim said:

Where’s the relevance in that? Accountants can’t pluck money out thin air. Your income will have dropped heavily being in League 1 and being accountants they will be prudent in what’s being spent so it’s not more than what’s coming in.

Yes they can do income expenditure forecasts and prepare accounts etc but being an accountant doesn’t mean they have the ability to increase income.

Fully understand and appreciate that money can't be plucked out of thin air. 

The relevance is regarding the balance of BoD. If only we new what that is. 

Having been inLeague 1 for two seasons you'd have thought that the budget would be on the money. It looks like we will have another season here. Maybe the expenditure and income forecasts need to be more realistic for a club in our position. 

38 minutes ago, Surely No said:

Fully understand and appreciate that money can't be plucked out of thin air. 

The relevance is regarding the balance of BoD. If only we new what that is. 

Having been inLeague 1 for two seasons you'd have thought that the budget would be on the money. It looks like we will have another season here. Maybe the expenditure and income forecasts need to be more realistic for a club in our position. 

Who’s to say the budget isn’t on the money, it’s bad recruitment that’s been the problem. Arbroath have cantered to the League with the rump of the best of part time players, players who are better than the full time players at Raith. It shouldn’t happen.

Iv heard McGlynn is hard at work on a squad for next season trying to tie up the best players in League 1 and 2 following Arbroath model. I was told he has our striker Anton Dowds and Dylan Easton from Forfar on his radar, I’m led to believe Easton has signed a pre contract with Kelty Hearts and Big Tonks has not long signed a new contract with us.

Who’s to say the budget isn’t on the money, it’s bad recruitment that’s been the problem. Arbroath have cantered to the League with the rump of the best of part time players, players who are better than the full time players at Raith. It shouldn’t happen.
Iv heard McGlynn is hard at work on a squad for next season trying to tie up the best players in League 1 and 2 following Arbroath model. I was told he has our striker Anton Dowds and Dylan Easton from Forfar on his radar, I’m led to believe Easton has signed a pre contract with Kelty Hearts and Big Tonks has not long signed a new contract with us.
I hope the radar is broken and gets fixed if thats who he is looking at.

I was thinking the same. I've literally never heard of Dowds, but I guess we'll need someone to replace Chris Duggan as the season's waste of a wage.

Big cart horse up front for east fife, a handful and can take a goal but certainly wouldn't say he's better than Duggan

5 hours ago, sinkorswim said:

He probably is hard at work as you say however I’d be very surprised if Dylan Easton ends up at Kelly Hearts and As for Dowds if he’s signed a extension we won’t be interested , personally I would go for Mark McGuigan he’s in double figures not bad for a team bottom of the league if it’s a tall target man we are after.

As I’ve said on numerous occasions recently no team in the league could match us in regards to paying part time wages and in my mind a hybrid full time /part time system maybe the solution because no matter how bad we are thought of in some quarters at the moment we are still sitting in 3rd place 

1 hour ago, Frank conner said:

That's part of the problem we are now 3rd having won less games than even Forfar.  If we are going to try the hybrid system what about trying to get Trouten from Alloa if he's out of contract. 

Won less games than EVEN FORFAR!!!  I would suggest that a groveling apology is required.