The New Raith Rovers Thread

In reality we'll probably do well to take more than 12 points from our last 8 matches. 5 away from home and 3 of those against the other top 4 teams.

Yep, I’d be stunned if we win more than once away from home in those matches.

Second place is the only target, and with Forfar and East Fife away in our next two away games it might get worse before it gets better.

Even though Arbroath have struggled of late, I still think it’s job done. We’re way too inconsistent to even attempt a final flurry. No offence to anyone on this thread. But we just don’t have that required strength to do it. McGlynn will be judged solely on next season. And whether we like it or not it’ll be in this division.

If Arbroath lose to East Fife next week and we get a wee cheeky win at Forfar (doubt that) and if we beat them later on the season that’s only 6 points behind.

We are due a good run. Arbroath are in their worst form they’ve been all season. Their arses will be flapping.

If next week goes as stated above I’m going to have no choice but to get excited...

If it doesn't all go to plan, we can just shout at linesmen.

12 hours ago, Tony Stark(s Park) said:

If Arbroath lose to East Fife next week and we get a wee cheeky win at Forfar (doubt that) and if we beat them later on the season that’s only 6 points behind.

We are due a good run. Arbroath are in their worst form they’ve been all season. Their arses will be flapping.

If next week goes as stated above I’m going to have no choice but to get excited...

It's better for us that Arbroath beat East Fife mate as we've still to go to both those grounds AND win at Forfar. No chance 

We are not due a good run. This team are inherently inconsistent. We're unbeaten in 4 so we'll be due a loss soon. 

Can't believe there's still supporters thinking another big Marv "believe" run is on the cards after all the proof laid out before them this season 

I want us to finish the season in good form for the playoffs, that has to be the aim. I'm not bothered about what East Fife or Forfar etc do with regards to that, as I'm not really bothered where in the playoffs we finish. It will be a tough ask regardless. If we finish the season in good form it will likely mean 2nd place anyway. 

It would be nice to push Arbroath a wee bit though, if the gap got to single figures soon they would be a bit nervous. We won't win the league or even come close, but we need to finish with some momentum. 

Interested to see how Davidson and Mckay get on, was happy with what I saw yesterday, although Davidson sometimes gives the impression he's far from happy with his body language. 

Edited by CALDERON

Arbroath remind me of Rovers in the Calderon league winning season - league pretty much wrapped up by the turn of the year then as we stuttered and spluttered through the 2nd half of the season, so did everyone else below us. If we drew, the team below lost and if we lost, the teams below generally failed to win. 

Next Saturday is a biggie - a win would put us in a fairly strong 2nd place, whereas a defeat could see us being dragged back towards 4th. 

I've no idea why Station Park has been such a graveyard for us in recent seasons, but it's high time we rectified it. 

It’s the hope that kills you right enough, I said ages ago the worsting thing that could happen Would be for Arbroath to partially collapse lading to another  Alloa on the last day scenario.

Build momentum and go on the type of run that so far has eluded us and anything can happen, I don’t see a total Smokie collapse though.

15 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

It’s the hope that kills you right enough, I said ages ago the worsting thing that could happen Would be for Arbroath to partially collapse lading to another  Alloa on the last day scenario.

Build momentum and go on the type of run that so far has eluded us and anything can happen, I don’t see a total Smokie collapse though.

Our approach should pretty much be one of just building momentum. 8 games left so all we can do is take it week by week, and get as many wins as possible while trying to sort our away form. Hopefully we can start to field a settled defence especially with McKay getting more game time now.  Next week is going to be a hugely tough game, especially given Forfar are second best form in the league (behind Dumbarton). 

12 minutes ago, Tony Stark(s Park) said:

I wasn’t saying it’s going to happen just if and buts. I had forgotten that you can’t have a single slither of hope. My bad.

Hope. Aah yes I remember hope after beating Arbroath at Gayfield

Unfortunately the team dashed that by being gutless at home to East Fife and away to Brechin

I’m not sure momentum is *that* important when you’re heading into the playoffs.

It’s obviously not a bad thing, but Brechin only won one of their final six league games before they triumphed in the Championship play-offs a couple of years back, a sequence that included a 6-1 scudding from the team they ended up beating in the final.

Was looking forward to this weekends match - however I've failed to find a baby sitter. We need a big performance this weekend from the lads, even if it is to just bring us some momentum before the playoffs. I can't see us ever getting near Arbroath even after their poor form. However,  as we push on we should be able to give a good account of ourselves for the rest of the season.