The New Raith Rovers Thread

Dundee United are an absolute disgrace. Poach our manager and two coaches only to toss them away without a care whilst we are  rotting in League One.  Ever since that sad, sad day when King Ray left Stark's Park we have been on a rapid downward spiral. 

Edited by He's Got No Hair

6 minutes ago, He's Got No Hair said:

Dundee United are an absolute disgrace. Poach our manager and two coaches only to toss them away without a care whilst we are  rotting in League One.  Ever since that sad, sad day when King Ray left Stark's Park we have been on a rapid downward spiral. 

Three if you include Laurie and he also departed a few weeks ago.

1 hour ago, stevoraith said:

Just to add something positive to this thread and remind us all that it’s not always been shite being a Rovers fan.

My uncle was a sports photographer for the courier back in the day and used to print me off photos he’d taken from the Rovers games.
I found these ones the other day in my mums attic. They were taken after the game in which we clinched the 1st division title in April ‘93.
b3d1148b327ef527f10f5b169e2a5099.jpg
09db3d9d8a469efc85b3a75f450600e4.jpg
e01c36d7ac1f147da75baad8ea26c79e.jpg
581ea26cf9713081f9c128a20eb0e9e2.jpg
5625bfe7fa51263f730d286f41548f8b.jpg
01f1a991ec85f24125238b8638ab2b64.jpg
7719e079b8ab137d4ef21dd5c49d3d84.jpg
30d92657304beecd6eb80b57f64867d5.jpg
3bfbb4fb754a56ff97934674a2272914.jpg
f14c80ad12da1c81c5ba513beaeeadf1.jpg

I spotted a few familiar faces in the crowd.

Superb photos! I was on the pitch that day

Best team we ever had, no question. It was a privilege to go and watch them every week. The 4-3 win away to Morton (who had a great team themselves in 92-93) was the best away performance I've ever seen from the 'vers 

Still got all the highlights on VIDEOTAPE !!!!

Edited by pantene proV

13 minutes ago, pantene proV said:

Best team we ever had, no question. It was a privilege to go and watch them every week. The 4-3 win away to Morton (who had a great team themselves in 92-93) was the best away performance I've ever seen from the 'vers 

Hetherston, Brewster and Dalziel were in full flow that day.

Easton was brought here to develop the young players so they were ready for first team football. 

There's no real way of telling if he succeeded in that yet, so I'd be wary about having him as manager to be honest. 

52 minutes ago, pantene proV said:

35 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Hetherston, Brewster and Dalziel were in full flow that day.

One of my all time favourite Rovers games, that.

Can some one please tell John McGlynn to stop slavering the same crap during each interview and also ask the interviewer to give him some harder questions to answer than skirting around. It's becoming boring.

How can a full time team only stay the pace for 45 minutes?

Also, I think it shows more about Arbroath's second halves than ours. We are only 4 points worse off than that table but Arbroath are 13 points better off.

Also, I think it shows more about Arbroath's second halves than ours. We are only 4 points worse off than that table but Arbroath are 13 points better off.

Was just about to say the same thing. Four points is nothing, you’d expect a difference between the two. Strange selection of stats from either McGlynn or Matt Elder.

A far more worrying stat is that we’ve led at some stage in 11 of our 13 away matches, and won only four. Turn those into wins, and we’re top.

Easton was brought here to develop the young players so they were ready for first team football.  There's no real way of telling if he succeeded in that yet, so I'd be wary about having him as manager to be honest. 

Oaft someone who may actually see through this Easton love in. Someone like myself. He was in charge of a development team with a multitude of players in it who had first team experience along with a large squad of players to boot. IMO not one player has been brought through or developed by Easton that is anywhere near first team level. Further to this he had the only full time squad in a league where the rest of the clubs would be full of youngsters who were not getting a game for their part time clubs, which questions the quality of the opposition at times. [emoji848]

Got to appreciate that he did keep positivity going at the club, was a great influence on morale among the fans, but trying to shoehorn that into a managerial candidate is not sensible. He's behind Cuthbert in the queue and that's someone who drew v montrose with nisbet at wing back.

15 hours ago, foreverarover said:

Oaft someone who may actually see through this Easton love in. Someone like myself. He was in charge of a development team with a multitude of players in it who had first team experience along with a large squad of players to boot. IMO not one player has been brought through or developed by Easton that is anywhere near first team level. Further to this he had the only full time squad in a league where the rest of the clubs would be full of youngsters who were not getting a game for their part time clubs, which questions the quality of the opposition at times. emoji848.png

A trifle unfair, Court & Bell have both featured regularly for East Fife this term and Lewis McCann has even had 2 outings for the Pars 1st team.

More significantly Sean Mackie has played a few times for Hibs and is in the Scottish U21 squad. Also wotsis name thon ginger centre half we gave away for nothing to Sevco hasn't done too badly for himself either and both were in Eastons young side when McKinnon was manager.

Of our own players Easton also brought through Watson, McKay, Stevenson, Berry, Valentine and Jack all from a very early age and all of  whom saw their careers hit the buffers under Smith who wanted nothing to do with any of it or them.

I wouldn't put them on a pedestal as any sort of footballing gods but there's potential there as McKay showed (again) at Stranraer.