The New Raith Rovers Thread

7 hours ago, Wee Sandy said:

It seems to take a few hours, don't know why!!!  It's worth it not to have to read through the rubbish he, and others put on here:thumsup2

Wee shandy ?  the poster who knows it all ? :rolleyes:

McGuffie is a perfect fit for us, what with him being absolutely bang average. He'll never make the grade as a full-timer either, which again is a nice parallel with where we are as a club.

I remember thinking Kevin Nisbet would never make it as a junior player when he was with us a couple of years ago.

On 3/2/2019 at 15:10, grumswall said:

Singing section was put in the wrong place. The young guys that make the noise realised after 45 minutes and moved back to where they were before.

I've heard that the young men are going to be situated in the railway stand for the playoffs - hoping we make it - I feel as though this will definitely pick up the atmosphere and allow us to get behind the boys. More of us should be encouraged to get involved, I know I will! 

I've heard that the young men are going to be situated in the railway stand for the playoffs - hoping we make it - I feel as though this will definitely pick up the atmosphere and allow us to get behind the boys. More of us should be encouraged to get involved, I know I will! 
That would be a terrible idea Imo. I can't really see how moving the guys that are trying to create an atmosphere away from the rest of the fans would help.

10 minutes ago, grumswall said:
2 hours ago, MoanEhRaith said:

That would be a terrible idea Imo. I can't really see how moving the guys that are trying to create an atmosphere away from the rest of the fans would help.

To be fair, us being shite will probably be the main detriment to the atmosphere, but I do agree with you - isolating a couple dozen folk in the far corner is hardly going to help beyond getting drowned out by a potentially significant away support.

To be fair, us being shite will probably be the main detriment to the atmosphere, but I do agree with you - isolating a couple dozen folk in the far corner is hardly going to help beyond getting drowned out by a potentially significant away support.
The young guys have actually done a good job in bringing back a bit of atmosphere. I would say it's been better with them singing away for 90 minutes the past couple of months than it was for a long time. That's with us being shite aswell. They do deserve alot of credit for their efforts.

22 hours ago, MoanEhRaith said:

This would be good however more people need to get involved!

When Barry Smith walked we were joint top and look at us now, team has went backwards under Mcglynn,it’s as simple as that

We were 2nd. If the league had ended that day we wouldn't have went up as joint winners. We'd have been 2nd.
Other than Smiths last game in charge, we looked pretty hopeless. We picked up a point at Stranraer thanks to a Jamie Hamill horror show and should have been well beaten by East Fife. A routine victory vs Stenhousemuir and 'that game' vs Airdrie has given some people the idea that Smith would have had us challenging. He wouldn't have. We had one senior outfield substitute vs Airdrie, who McGlynn said had been playing through injury for weeks as soon as he came in. Smith was a train wreck and as much as McGlynn has flaws, he's nowhere near as hopeless as that charlatan.

Are we actually still fucking debating this? 

Haters give it a bloody rest. It’s not good for anyone’s health. Fucking meltdowns everywhere. The seasons gone, the play offs are still an opportunity. Let’s get on with it. 

Just watched Sunderland Til’ I die on Netflix. Makes following the rovers a bit easier...

16 minutes ago, Wardy said:

Are we actually still fucking debating this? 

Haters give it a bloody rest. It’s not good for anyone’s health. Fucking meltdowns everywhere. The seasons gone, the play offs are still an opportunity. Let’s get on with it. 

Just watched Sunderland Til’ I die on Netflix. Makes following the rovers a bit easier...

Calm down dear