The New Raith Rovers Thread

Been a disaster of a season, and yes you could say it’s got worse since McGlynn actually joined. I’m not disputing that (oh but I’m a fanboy mind) But let’s put things into perspective here. This club is damaged. We were a fraction of the post away from winning the league last time out, and since then it’s been down hill. But the clubs been on a downward spiral since Locke was appointed. We can’t do anything other than move forward from this now. This is not, and I repeat not all McGlynn’s fault here. I really don’t understand why “fans” of the club are wanting rid of a guy who has put his sweat and blood into this club. No other manager since then has even given that much of a f**k. Not even McKinnon who gave us our highest position in that league since...aye you guessed it, John McGlynn. 

Aye he’s made some ridiculous decisions since joining which I’ve already highlighted. But really, come on, who realistically could have done better? All these other managers who were touted haven’t exactly done brilliantly in their current clubs either. 

Whos to say McGlynn never tried to sort the defence? What if the right players weren’t available/didn’t want to come? What if getting guys in on loan is the only option? (Although sending Barjonas back by all accounts would be most welcome) 

I think the haters need to just chill the f**k out here. Pressing the eject button would be the most ridiculous thing ever at this time. Yes it’s not good enough, I agree. Yes the buck ultimately stops at the manager. But some of these players John has inherited have been ultimate shitehawks of the highest order. That’s even before you start to look at injuries etc. 

Write the season off and start again. As we’ve said time and time again...”there’s always next season.”

Edited by Wardy

The thing that gets me about mcglynn is his decision making and the fact he is oblivious to learning lessons from the past.

Case in point the rotation of goalkeepers it's not like that's cost us before.

He can't/won't sort out the defence and unless one of them dies won't change the same back 4 that have been gash all season.

Shite players from other clubs on loan at the expense of our own youth players. Reagan hendry was a good signing however he was originally Smith's signing so hes not getting credit for that.

Now in mitigation he can only pish with the cock he's got and this insistence on being full time only with a tiny budget means we are signing bottom of the barrel players. 

Now in mitigation he can only pish with the cock he's got and this insistence on being full time only with a tiny budget means we are signing bottom of the barrel players. 

This is true, he can only sign players with the budgets available. This is why this club is screaming for a hybrid system. We can’t afford good full timers, so the only course of action if we stay full time is the ultra cheap ain’t getting a gig elsewhere squad players

5 minutes ago, AuAl said:

Apologies if it's been asked before by another Ayr fan but how's Craig McGuffie been getting on? Seen he has scored a couple of goals, has he been playing well or nah?

Nothing spectacular, nothing overly brutal. 

I'm not too bothered about the 'keeper rotation if I'm honest. I think the main problem with it happening before was that McNeil was nowhere near the same calibre of McGurn whereas the two goalies we have just now are much of a muchness. 

Let's not talk about Gillespie and Murray being used as RB though. 

14 minutes ago, AuAl said:

Apologies if it's been asked before by another Ayr fan but how's Craig McGuffie been getting on? Seen he has scored a couple of goals, has he been playing well or nah?

Cost us the 1st goal yesterday, by falling over and allowing the full back to get a cross in, and looked largely pish for most of the 1st half (although not alone in that aspect).

Then in the 2nd half scored our 1st with a great finish, jury is out on him.

Reality is that the only reason we were closer to winning the league last year is because Lewis Vaughan was fit for the majority of the season.

I was down in Stranraer at the start of the season and we looked worryingly shite then, only scoring thanks to a slip by Hammil. The goal we lost then was reminiscent of a lot the goals we concede this season.

Honestly, season was done long before Christmas as we know we have no chance in the play offs. I blame the board and Smith chiefly and while McG should've done more to rectify his defensive problems he at least tried to sort us from middle to front and would've avhieved more if Hendry and Vaughan had stayed fit.

2 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Chris Johnston trying to razz up Rovers fans on Twitter. What a bizarre thing to do. A failure of a player for us a full three seasons ago, who hasn’t scored a single goal since. No sure what his angle is.

Something we've seen lately is that quite a few people take a real interest in the fortunes of the Rovers, for some reason. 

58 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Chris Johnston trying to razz up Rovers fans on Twitter. What a bizarre thing to do. A failure of a player for us a full three seasons ago, who hasn’t scored a single goal since. No sure what his angle is.

Scored a few weeks ago I seem to remember. He must have been buoyed by the goal and taken to social media to parade his achievements

15 hours ago, grumswall said:

I shouldn't react to this, but... Anyone able to tell me why that idiot can reply to me when I have him on ignore? Screenshot_20190302-225228.jpg

It seems to take a few hours, don't know why!!!  It's worth it not to have to read through the rubbish he, and others put on here:thumsup2

3 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Obtuse.

It seems to take a few hours, don't know why!!!  It's worth it not to have to read through the rubbish he, and others put on here:thumsup2

Your wee tears are delicious. You maybe need to sit in a safe space?!?!

Interesting line from Mcglynn post match yesterday. 

"it's frustrating when you tell them what to do, and they don't actually do it, even when it's so obvious" or something to that effect. 

17 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Interesting line from Mcglynn post match yesterday. 

"it's frustrating when you tell them what to do, and they don't actually do it, even when it's so obvious" or something to that effect. 

Here’s an interesting idea, if that happens substitute the fuckers.

On ‎02‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 15:10, grumswall said:

Singing section was put in the wrong place. The young guys that make the noise realised after 45 minutes and moved back to where they were before.

Is this the Raith Rovers Singing section ?  :lol: