The New Raith Rovers Thread

Jamie Gullan in an interview with QPFC states his preferred position is coming in off the left side to take on a defender. Do we have any similar players... Nope, just Flannigan, McGuffie and players on the bench who in sure could also. After that horror show again in midweek McGlynn still can't see what's right in front of his eyes. A frigging full back. Unbelievable Jeff....

Here's a rather strong message for the board regarding the use of the Railway Stand.

A strong message from me is that if money is spent on work on a railway stand I won't be back. Unless it is purposely built for the use of the public for the new pitch in mind, having changing and refreshments facilities. A complete waste of money.

4 hours ago, foreverarover said:
15 hours ago, Beachbum said:
Here's a rather strong message for the board regarding the use of the Railway Stand.

A strong message from me is that if money is spent on work on a railway stand I won't be back. Unless it is purposely built for the use of the public for the new pitch in mind, having changing and refreshments facilities. A complete waste of money.

The whole stadium needs work done it will all need to be done eventually. Even this money that's going towards the floodlights won't even scratch the surface. If they're going to build new changing facilities build them behind the dugout and give us our stand back.

4 hours ago, foreverarover said:

Jamie Gullan in an interview with QPFC states his preferred position is coming in off the left side to take on a defender. Do we have any similar players... Nope, just Flannigan, McGuffie and players on the bench who in sure could also. After that horror show again in midweek McGlynn still can't see what's right in front of his eyes. A frigging full back. Unbelievable Jeff....

We already have defensive cover it's just that Mcglynn won't use them.

After that horror show again in midweek McGlynn still can't see what's right in front of his eyes. A frigging full back. Unbelievable Jeff....

Yup, defence is not a priority in the managers eyes, remember he was nearly in tears when he thought his best Centre back (Davidson) “shudder” would be injured alongside Bene. So guess who will have a shiny new contract for next season for the League 1 campaign.

I'd normally be fully in favour of reopening the Railway stand and if possible make it terracing again as said above if we wanted new changing facilities behind thew dugout is the prime location for a building for that.  The match day atmosphere would be much better if the home and away fans were a few feet apart in that stand and the view from the side of the pitch would be far better.  However at the moment this is of zero priority for me and should be for the club as our only real priority should be getting out of the seaside league and up into the Championship.  We've been poor the last 3 full seasons and McGlynn is going to have to look at why and how to rectify it.  Even if we do we could be battling Falkirk and Thistle next season making promotion even tougher.  Get the team sorted before we worry about stands and changing facilities. This seasons a write off barring a miracle in the playoffs (Our record there speaks for itself) so the Manager and board need to be looking at who has performed and who needs to move on.  Oh and can we please buy some cotton wool to wrap LV up in?

Just while you were on the subject of The Railway stand, if any of you Raith Fans remember "that Paul Harvey" Scottish cup game at Starks (March 1995) can anyone remember if we were in the Railway stand? I seem to remember being on my old mans shoulders and the view (I think) was from there. I was only 9 at the time so my memories a bit fuzzy.

19 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

Just while you were on the subject of The Railway stand, if any of you Raith Fans remember "that Paul Harvey" Scottish cup game at Starks (March 1995) can anyone remember if we were in the Railway stand? I seem to remember being on my old mans shoulders and the view (I think) was from there. I was only 9 at the time so my memories a bit fuzzy.

Was the ground redeveloped by then? I feel like away fans were standing but maybe not!

1 minute ago, Frank conner said:

I wish I could but saying you have to fill the south stand to justify opening the railway stand is just nonsense. 

It isn't nonsense though, there are no seats which means money would have to be spent indulging a desire which would be better used on more pressing issues.

24 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:
26 minutes ago, ribzanelli said:
Was the ground redeveloped by then? I feel like away fans were standing but maybe not!

I'm 99% sure we were standing where the railway stand is

At that time the railway stand only went half way along the pitch and the away fans would have been able to stand in the terracing next to it.

33 minutes ago, ribzanelli said:

The away section of the railway end was still terraced. We stood there for the Akranes UEFA cup game.  

9 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

It isn't nonsense though, there are no seats which means money would have to be spent indulging a desire which would be better used on more pressing issues.

I know! It would cost twice as much to replace the lamps on the floodlights but that doesn't mean it would be great if it happened the money spent on pitch would've covered a he'll of a lot . End of the day it's not up to us .

The whole stadium needs work done it will all need to be done eventually. Even this money that's going towards the floodlights won't even scratch the surface. If they're going to build new changing facilities build them behind the dugout and give us our stand back.

That's my whole point Frank........ Spend fortunes on a stand to satisfy the old codgers who used to sit there for a bit of nostalgia. Money better spent elsewhere.

17 hours ago, Frank conner said:

How many grounds in Scotland are full every week if at all? You don't have to fill the south stand to justify opening a stand with the best view.

Ok, but how much will it cost? 

What financial benefit will we derive from this? How long will it take to recoup the investment? 

In the meantime, we are struggling to maintain full time football and get out this league...

Ok, but how much will it cost? 
What financial benefit will we derive from this? How long will it take to recoup the investment? 
In the meantime, we are struggling to maintain full time football and get out this league...
Answer to you questions. 1:- too much, 2:- not a bean 3:- never [emoji3]

35 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Wouldn’t any ground maintenance/development (as per new plastic pitch) be separate monetary wise to things like the team on the pitch?

It should be handled under Stark's Park Properties as it's stadium related. The board made a big deal out of potentially using that area for Hospitality.