The New Raith Rovers Thread

Its going to have to be a hybrid squad next season as we have players signed on full time deals already. We are the worst full time team in the country and as such we can only attract the players that cant get a game anywhere else. Meanwhile every other team in the league is picking up the best part time players and scudding us.

This being full time attitude is a load of fucking shite it's not like we're man city with a loaded owner buying us the league, we have a budget of £3.50 and its holding us back.

f**k this season.

As for the talk of players leaving, who do we want to go. Me personally there’s far too much dead wood. Davidson, Benedictus, Matthews, Flanagan and Thomson. Gillespie will more likely get a Championship gig and McKay will be punted, either out on loan or leave. A hell of a rebuilding job for us. I’d take Tam O’ Brien, McKenna and Wallace from Arbroath. But we’ll have absolutely no chance as they’ll be in the Championship. And whether McGlynn wants a hybrid or not it has to be done. Or it’s another team of nobody journeymen

Thomson? As in Robbie Thomson?

I still don’t understand what certain fans don’t rate about him tbh.

I think he’s a brilliant keeper.

Lyness on the other hand looks dodgy most of the time. Including for Arbroath’s goal on Saturday.

On 17/02/2019 at 15:58, foreverarover said:
On 16/02/2019 at 20:14, Robertolichtie said:
As an Arbroath Fan i was disapointed he didn't come back out second half. 
Also all the debate about plastic pitches this week please keep yours as Arbroath are undefeated on that surface. 

I've been meaning to start a post. How did you find watching a game on the surface? Did you notice much of a difference?

Tbf been twice this season and enjoyed watching both games, for a plastic pitch its not to bad its about as close as you can get to grass, only thing about it would be how good it is in 2-4seasons time.

27 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

I'll probably end up going now both our centre backs are injured. Nat and McKay at the back please.

According to McGlynn on Raith TV he's saying that to fix the defence there could be a knock on effect or two in midfield. That to me means Wedderburn partnering Murray at the centre of defence and Gillespie taking Murray's place.

It seems that under no circumstances will McKay ever get a game.

5 minutes ago, MoanEhRaith said:

Hopefully the new director can bring somewhat of a breath of fresh air in the board room and encourage many of the items which Cuthbert brought up in his interview, thought knowing the rovers he’ll probably end up screwing us in ways that are unimaginable.

Careful now. That description is © Drysdale and Young.

24 minutes ago, Tony Stark(s Park) said:

Getting sick of this woe is us mentality from McGlynn. Says we aren’t getting results our play deserves. What is he watching on Saturdays?!

I often think that the view from the dugout of what’s happening must be pretty poor. McGlynn should take tips from Dick Campbell and get sent to the stand for a better view.

I often think that the view from the dugout of what’s happening must be pretty poor. McGlynn should take tips from Dick Campbell and get sent to the stand for a better view.

We tried that with him at our bit, but he wasn't too keen!!!

If McGlynn seriously believes the rubbish in this article he's lost it. The reason we're not getting results is because we leak like a sieve at the back. Fortunately his hand has been forced in that matter but what does he do? He complains that he'll have to unsettle the midfield so that he won't have to play Watson, Murray, McKay and Crane as his back four. Even playing Murray, Wedderburn, McKay and Crane at the back would be fine but no, it's complaint after complaint at the moment. McGlynn's beginning to sound like Dalziel.

Added to that, the play is fucking awful.

McGlynn has never been one to dig out his players in public. It leads to some pretty mental headlines, but that's who he is.

I'd expect Gillespie at right back, with Murray in the middle alongside Davo (if available) or McKay. 

If Davidson isn't fit, and McKay still can't get into the team... it's probably because he's not very good. 

1 hour ago, Frank conner said:

If McKay doesn't get his chance now he probably never will. You have to feel sorry for him.

To be fair, we don't know what he's been like in training. And someone said he didn't look great for the reserves during the week.