The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, grumswall said:
2 hours ago, Michael W said:
What an absolute w****r Bene is. Serves him right as well tbh. 

Davo injured himself attempting to do similar v hibs. These two are considered leaders in the dressing room...

Not really hard to see why we are where we are, is it? 

Not good at all  

9 minutes ago, Wardy said:

Wedderburn moves back with McKay. Gilliespie and Matthews in centre midfield. McGuffie to get a start with Dingwall on the wings and Nisbet and Buchanan up front. 

Dingwall is not a winger, McGuffie is not a footballer and Buchanan is like playing a man short. Apart from it's okay.

16 hours ago, Michael W said:

What an absolute w****r Bene is. Serves him right as well tbh. 

I know. Imagine a centre half tackling an opposition player who was running at him when his side were desperate for a win. Should have just let him run past him. 

5 minutes ago, Kdawg said:

I know. Imagine a centre half tackling an opposition player who was running at him when his side were desperate for a win. Should have just let him run past him. 

It wasn't a tackle though, it was just a blatant hack. And a needless one at that considering there was cover.

He deliberately set out to crock our player. Scumbag behaviour of the highest order.

27 minutes ago, Kdawg said:

1) There was zero chance of winning the ball. 

2) He had no intent of winning the ball and should've been sent off. 

3) He's quite possibly put himself out of action for a long time for no reason at all other than getting a kick at an opponent. Great news whilst we have a tight budget and a small squad. 

I think w****r is an appropriate term. The man is an idiot for that. 

As for the talk of players leaving, who do we want to go. Me personally there’s far too much dead wood. Davidson, Benedictus, Matthews, Flanagan and Thomson. Gillespie will more likely get a Championship gig and McKay will be punted, either out on loan or leave. A hell of a rebuilding job for us. I’d take Tam O’ Brien, McKenna and Wallace from Arbroath. But we’ll have absolutely no chance as they’ll be in the Championship. And whether McGlynn wants a hybrid or not it has to be done. Or it’s another team of nobody journeymen

I don’t agree that he went out to injure the player. If you watch the Arbroath highlights, McKenna skins two of our players. If he got past Bene, he’s in the box with only Murray as cover.

He went in to trip McKenna, not scythe him down at the knee. What centre half wouldn’t?

2 hours ago, baillieinleeds said:

As for the talk of players leaving, who do we want to go. Me personally there’s far too much dead wood. Davidson, Benedictus, Matthews, Flanagan and Thomson. Gillespie will more likely get a Championship gig and McKay will be punted, either out on loan or leave. A hell of a rebuilding job for us. I’d take Tam O’ Brien, McKenna and Wallace from Arbroath. But we’ll have absolutely no chance as they’ll be in the Championship. And whether McGlynn wants a hybrid or not it has to be done. Or it’s another team of nobody journeymen

Think that's harsh on Matthews, I really rate him as a player, agree with the rest. Would like to see us keep hold of most of the young guys.

Edited by Athlete29

9 minutes ago, Beastie Russell said:

Is there any evidence that ‘Murray is actually our best centre half’ ?

Or is it simply the case of saying/hearing something so often that you start to believe it ?

McGlynn is saying that our best centre half is responding to treatment and might make it back for Saturday. :bairn

As well as McKay, we also have young Josh Mconville in the reserves who played centre half for Scotland schoolboys. 

I’d still imagine it’ll be Wedderburn and Murray before we see either of the above playing though.

Here until May 2020.

For what it's worth for any of them to go full time I'm guessing they'd need to get an offer from a team higher up the tree than Raith. Nothing to do with the level they'll be playing at