The New Raith Rovers Thread

The part time debate is aflame on tbe match thread and arbroath people are here on the rovers thread. Absolute insanity lads.

If we went part time and got promoted - which is the target every season - what next? Go full time with players that don't want to? Or stay part time and flounder?
There is no point in us gearing everything towards promotion in the short term and then being back here 'in crisis' in two years.

Our aim has to be promotion with some kind of momentum and continuity towarda mid-table above.
Yes it's pish just now. Go for a walk or watch a film. Calm down though ffs.
Even if we gained promotion this season full time we would be favourite to come straight back down.

11 minutes ago, foreverarover said:
12 hours ago, L. Brilliant said:
The part time debate is aflame on tbe match thread and arbroath people are here on the rovers thread. Absolute insanity lads.

If we went part time and got promoted - which is the target every season - what next? Go full time with players that don't want to? Or stay part time and flounder?
There is no point in us gearing everything towards promotion in the short term and then being back here 'in crisis' in two years.

Our aim has to be promotion with some kind of momentum and continuity towarda mid-table above.
Yes it's pish just now. Go for a walk or watch a film. Calm down though ffs.

Even if we gained promotion this season full time we would be favourite to come straight back down.

Only if we didn't sign anyone but that's no gonna happen anyway. 

2 hours ago, lichtiekev said:

The bitterness is frightening,  

Yeh we would be favourites to go down, So would Raith with there current squad, 

McCord isn’t good enough to be a full time player, But he is technically fantastic and one of the best part time players that most teams would kill to have, 

If we continue with the way things are we could end up with a better total than a lot of very good full time teams had in years gone by, 

Dumbarton held there own for a few years, even when the mighty Raith were in the league, 

They got a bit lucky you won't go full time so it will be a struggle look at Alloa who have  a better team than you . Unless you go full time it will be an uphill struggle just facts.

That doesn't detract from the fact you will struggle you will because you can't go full time enjoy it now it won't last . You probably know that already. 

What won't last? Championship football? Without other PT clubs up there it more than likely won't but atleast we'll probably be there giving it a go whilst you fanny about in L1 again. All we can hope for is Alloa to stay up / another L1 team to join us so we can give it a go and maybe try avoid bottom.

27 minutes ago, Frank conner said:

That doesn't detract from the fact you will struggle you will because you can't go full time enjoy it now it won't last . You probably know that already. 

By your logic Raith will be walking this league because they are full time. 

Can’t blame Frank for getting pished to drown his sorrows.

This is is more embarrassing than when our fans claimed we had the best squad in the league 3 years ago despite finishing about 20 points behind Dunfermline.

Arbroath have got the best part time players in the country imo apart from a handful at Alloa. I’d rather have that than an unbalanced team with the worst full time players in the country and Lewis Vaughan.

The fact that the wee Raith fan, who threw his toys out the pram when we won the league, is trying to one up Arbroath fans by saying they’ll only last one season in the Championship is pretty embarrassing and bitter. In all likelihood they’ll come straight back down and I’m sure Raith will still be there to greet them.

For a start that was almost a decade ago we have the manager from the end of his last tenure where most of the fans were glad to see the back of him. We are being made to look poor by fucking  Arbroath a team that finished 16 points behind us last season if you had said that at the beginning it would have been ridiculous ( who ever was in charge).Mcglynn have has had ample opportunity to put it right it a small minority like you that just can't see it 16 points  behind is no where near acceptable. The fan boys need to accept it hasn't worked. Stop looking for excuses at every turn the more the fans want the young players brought in the more he'll gig his heels in. He has form on this the vast majority of the fans are now wise to this and are rightly pissed off.
I actually stuck money on arbroath pre season. Got 14/1 at the time or thereabouts.

I didn't think the gap would be as wide as it is but I didn't think Smith would have had the chance to assemble a team for this season either.

I am and always have been one of the biggest advocates on here for our youth players getting game time! Callachan was berated week after week because people like you don't seem to understand how the game works. He's playing in the premiership. Meanwhile we are arguing about (a good) arbroath team being 16 clear of us? Get a grip!

I've played with mckay (insert the standard gif) so know how good he actually is before seing him play for us. Watson is someone I defended while alot of posters berated him. I expected Valentine and Berry, after his game against St mirren last season to get more game time. Jack Smith looks like he could be a good option aswell but is a bit lightweight at the moment. Don't try and preach to me about giving youth a chance!

1 window doesn't give any manager the time required to solve the issues we have had since locke got his grip on our team!!!

23 hours ago, Frank conner said:

For a start that was almost a decade ago we have the manager from the end of his last tenure where most of the fans were glad to see the back of him. We are being made to look poor by fucking  Arbroath a team that finished 16 points behind us last season if you had said that at the beginning it would have been ridiculous ( who ever was in charge).Mcglynn have has had ample opportunity to put it right it a small minority like you that just can't see it 16 points  behind is no where near acceptable. The fan boys need to accept it hasn't worked. Stop looking for excuses at every turn the more the fans want the young players brought in the more he'll gig his heels in. He has form on this the vast majority of the fans are now wise to this and are rightly pissed off.

On 16/02/2019 at 21:56, Big Fifer said:

As much as I'm enjoying these mini meltdowns, the argument of "he had a window to sort this out" is absolute nonsense. McGlynn's inherited a shockingly assembled and unbalanced team, and he had the January window where you can only really get players that clubs desperately want out or some  shite bonus loans from bigger clubs where the players you take on are always a gamble. 

Again, lets stop perpetuating this myth. Having one January window, where you go in with the most unbalanced squad in the league and by far the worst FT squad in the country, is not "ample time". I'm not saying performances will have been brilliant under McGlynn, most likely far from it, but I can't see how getting rid of him now helps anyone but Arbroath and the fellow play-off chasers. Unfortunately because of the way your season started you're going to have to sit tight and see if you sneak the playoffs, and then decide in the summer if you want McGlynn to be allowed to assemble his own squad from the start.

Also on the McCord Arbroath discussion, you're talking absolute garbage. The fact you've got folk from numerous clubs popping in here to dismantle your nonsensical bitter idiocy should hopefully ring some alarm bells for you that you might be talking utter claptrap, but I can't imagine anyone here will be holding their breath. 

Edited by Big Fifer

I want to see more attacking formations esp. at home. I want to see better tactics from the manager & better technique from the players. I want to see our young players have a chance to play & improve in the team. Over to the management.

Cant be arsed reading all this.....we will still be in the seaside league next year as we dont have the strength or bottle to win a play off (if we make them) Arbroath have been miles better than us bake them a cake and be done with it. Our season finished at Easter Road. 

This seems to have been the issue for you lot this season for sure, admittedly from the outside looking in. Signing guys like Duggan, Flanagan etc, absolutely 100% part time level players who simply will not be good enough should you get promoted, and sticking them on slightly better wages than they were when they were part time, is not the key to promotion. 
Guys like Nisbet (although he's done well), Wedderburn, Buchanan, these guys aren't gonna have full time clubs scrambling over them, so you end up as the only FT team in this division signing those who are clearly deemed not good enough for the championship by a single team. I think I saw earlier folk saying that the full time team in this league should be winning it but it's not necessarily the case in the same way that the 10th placed team in the championship isn't automatically better than the top team in League 1 simply because they're full time. There's clearly an element of overlap here, and if you manage to assemble a strong squad of PT players (a la Arbroath) then they're more than good enough to see off the challenge of the full time jobbers that you've ended up with.
The logistics of the hybrid system do seem a nightmare, but if costs are an issue (which they are based on nothing other than the vibe I pick up on this thread)  then that has to be the answer. Maybe I'm just a bit too risk averse, but staying full time and chucking money at a squad next year when  you've got a real possibility of either Partick or Falkirk joining in seems to be a gamble that may not pay off for you IMO. 
I agree completely. This simply won't do!