The New Raith Rovers Thread

Then your a nugget. Don't you remember how unfit he was for us, McKinnon trying his best to get him to lose weight. What I'm trying to say is yes we are piss poor but Arbroath have nothing that will put the fear into any Championship side that's how bad this league is. In none of my posts have I said we should be winning the league or have a good squad In fact i see them at Gym 64 prancing about like premadonnas, the worse one being Davidson closely followed by Benedictis and agree that a clear out is needed. 

But yet, him and his part time TEAM are head and shoulders above this joke of a SQUAD

The bitterness is frightening,  

Yeh we would be favourites to go down, So would Raith with there current squad, 

McCord isn’t good enough to be a full time player, But he is technically fantastic and one of the best part time players that most teams would kill to have, 

If we continue with the way things are we could end up with a better total than a lot of very good full time teams had in years gone by, 

Dumbarton held there own for a few years, even when the mighty Raith were in the league, 

The bitterness is frightening,  

Yeh we would be favourites to go down, So would Raith with there current squad, 

McCord isn’t good enough to be a full time player, But he is technically fantastic and one of the best part time players that most teams would kill to have, 

If we continue with the way things are we could end up with a better total than a lot of very good full time teams had in years gone by, 

Dumbarton held there own for a few years, even when the mighty Raith were in the league, 

I’ve never disputed that. Some Rovers fans think otherwise. He wasn’t a good fit for us. But he’s a good fit for Arbroath and should be commended for his achievements at Arbroath. Worthy champions by a country mile

What's that digit to do with one player? I'm not the one who shouts for a manager to be sacked for almost getting us promoted  then says the next manager could finish 20+ points behind the league champions and let's give him another season yippee. What a great idea oh wait a minute it's not about reality it's a about sentiment. 
No, your the one who has ridiculed a manager who almost won the championship and got us to a Scottish Cup semi final at every opportunity...

No sentiment involved either when you look at his previous spell here. He took time to get it right but when he did, he took us closer to promotion than mckinnon did and most fans seem to say that was our best season for years. It's facts, not sentiment. He wasn't the messiah the first time around and he wasn't this time. He's an absolute grafter which is exactly what we need this time around, like the last. He will get it right Imo but it will most likely take another season as the squad he inherited is in the main awful!

Arbroath are head and shoulders above anyone else in this league. Campbell has been given time to assemble a good squad of players and they are rightfully walking the league. Who else has been as consistent as them the first half of the season in recent years?

1 hour ago, raith1974 said:

Then your a nugget. Don't you remember how unfit he was for us, McKinnon trying his best to get him to lose weight. What I'm trying to say is yes we are piss poor but Arbroath have nothing that will put the fear into any Championship side that's how bad this league is. In none of my posts have I said we should be winning the league or have a good squad In fact i see them at Gym 64 prancing about like premadonnas, the worse one being Davidson closely followed by Benedictis and agree that a clear out is needed. 

Totally agree McCord is dung however it just shows how far we have fallen in regards to our playing squad when McCord looks half decent in this league.

Where did anyone say we'd be putting fear into championship teams? You slagged our squad for being poor, in Arbroath terms (part time football in Scotland) our squad is excellent. All I have said.

For a part time club I'm really not sure we can improve on players like Jamieson/Thomson/Little/ToB/Linn/McKenna/Swankie/Spence/Wallace etc etc. They might be favourites for relegation if we went up but then again that would be expected, were a top half of L1 club in my opinion and the Championship would be us punching above our weight.

55 minutes ago, grumswall said:

No, your the one who has ridiculed a manager who almost won the championship and got us to a Scottish Cup semi final at every opportunity...

No sentiment involved either when you look at his previous spell here. He took time to get it right but when he did, he took us closer to promotion than mckinnon did and most fans seem to say that was our best season for years. It's facts, not sentiment. He wasn't the messiah the first time around and he wasn't this time. He's an absolute grafter which is exactly what we need this time around, like the last. He will get it right Imo but it will most likely take another season as the squad he inherited is in the main awful!

Arbroath are head and shoulders above anyone else in this league. Campbell has been given time to assemble a good squad of players and they are rightfully walking the league. Who else has been as consistent as them the first half of the season in recent years?

For a start that was almost a decade ago we have the manager from the end of his last tenure where most of the fans were glad to see the back of him. We are being made to look poor by fucking  Arbroath a team that finished 16 points behind us last season if you had said that at the beginning it would have been ridiculous ( who ever was in charge).Mcglynn have has had ample opportunity to put it right it a small minority like you that just can't see it 16 points  behind is no where near acceptable. The fan boys need to accept it hasn't worked. Stop looking for excuses at every turn the more the fans want the young players brought in the more he'll gig his heels in. He has form on this the vast majority of the fans are now wise to this and are rightly pissed off.