The New Raith Rovers Thread

Barjonas is surely the biggest sham of a footballer to played for us this year? Up there with the former rangers players like Barrie mckay and Jordan Thomson, an absolute pea heart. He’s clearly a good player but f**k me what a shitebag
The epitome of a Youth Academy footballer. Looks tidy when he's got loads of time, but goes to pieces as soon as there's any pressure. Rangers graduates do seem particularly prone to it.

Ultimately its playing in games like today that should fix that side of his game, but that only benefits Rangers. He's not ready to have a meaningful impact in senior football.

The one plus from today was that Davidson didn't appear for the second half.

Hope he wasn't injured and that we have finally seen the last of him.

Him screaming at Nisbet in the first half for not challenging for one of his aimless punts up the park was pathetic.

4 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

Him screaming at Nisbet in the first half for not challenging for one of his aimless punts up the park was pathetic.

As an Arbroath Fan i was disapointed he didn't come back out second half. 

Also all the debate about plastic pitches this week please keep yours as Arbroath are undefeated on that surface. 

Listening to McGlynn post match Davo only got taken off because he was injured. Otherwise he’d have kept with the same defence that has only kept 2 clean sheets in the time he’s been here. But it’s alright, it’s just because we’re not getting the breaks.

If Davo or/and Bene are injured then at least it should force him to play McKay, although I’ve a feeling he’ll do a Barry Smith and stick a midfielder (Nat) in at CB instead.

1 hour ago, Frank conner said:

Yeah let's just forget about them and lose every game till the end of the season cos it's all about Mcglynn. 

So - McGlynn to one side - in all seriousness do you think anybody could manage our current crop of players to play-off success?

1 hour ago, grumswall said:

Matthews should be starting ahead of Gillespie just now. It does seem strange that a guy that made his name coaching youth players isn't willing to give them game time unless your a loan player. Matthews isn't really a youth anymore either. Bound to have played close to 100 first team games for us by now.

Bene really showed today why he shouldn't be captain. Going in to a tackle to hurt a player and then gets stretchered off through his own ineptitude. Great leadership there.

I wasn’t including Matthews as one of the young benchwarmers. His career has just become stunted. Looked like he was going to crack on but it hasn’t happened.

Edited by Scary Bear

5 minutes ago, SanStarko said:

Listening to McGlynn post match Davo only got taken off because he was injured. Otherwise he’d have kept with the same defence that has only kept 2 clean sheets in the time he’s been here. But it’s alright, it’s just because we’re not getting the breaks.

If Davo or/and Bene are injured then at least it should force him to play McKay, although I’ve a feeling he’ll do a Barry Smith and stick a midfielder (Nat) in at CB instead.

That is utterly depressing news.

1 hour ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Ross Matthews has shown absolutely nothing, this season or last, to suggest he's good enough to play at this level.

He seemed good enough on occasion in the Championship and from memory he started Smith’s first season well. That said, I agree with your comments. If ever a player needed to get their finger out it’s Matthews. If not, the Juniors beckon.

2 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

So - McGlynn to one side - in all seriousness do you think anybody could manage our current crop of players to play-off success?

It wouldn't matter who I'd mention as there would obviously be no guarantee but that's always  the easy question. The fact is Mcglynn is failing miserably and there is no light at the end of the tunnel you guys now have to accept that your very much in the minority.

He hasn't worked out get over it all the excuses under the sun won't make it better. I would be more than happy to be proved wrong maybe some of the know it all's might finally admit to have gotten this one wrong.

1 minute ago, Frank conner said:

It wouldn't matter who I'd mention as there would obviously be no guarantee but that's always  the easy question. The fact is Mcglynn is failing miserably and there is no light at the end of the tunnel you guys now have to accept that your very much in the minority.

He hasn't worked out get over it all the excuses under the sun won't make it better. I would be more than happy to be proved wrong maybe some of the know it all's might finally admit to have gotten this one wrong.

Aye, what we really need, and what will win us the play-offs, is our third manager of the season. Seriously? Could we even afford to pay off and hire our third managerial team of a doomed season?

Just accept that even if we make the play-offs we don’t have the a team to get promoted.

McGlynn wasn’t my choice for manager - I wanted Danny Lennon - but I wasn’t sad to see him back after suffering Smith. This season is gubbed. All I can hope is McGlynn can sign pretty much an entire new squad in the summer, which will win us the league. That’s a tall order, given we don’t know (but we can guess) the state of the club’s finances after another failed attempt at getting promoted.

5 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Aye, what we really need, and what will win us the play-offs, is our third manager of the season. Seriously? Could we even afford to pay off and hire our third managerial team of a doomed season?

Just accept that even if we make the play-offs we don’t have the a team to get promoted.

McGlynn wasn’t my choice for manager - I wanted Danny Lennon - but I wasn’t sad to see him back after suffering Smith. This season is gubbed. All I can hope is McGlynn can sign pretty much an entire new squad in the summer, which will win us the league. That’s a tall order, given we don’t know (but we can guess) the state of the club’s finances after another failed attempt at getting promoted.

so last season.... rr have not progressed in any way. That interview is lacking everything.

6 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

We certainly won't sack him this season but if it gets even worse why should that warrant another go? The attitude with some is no matter how bad it ends up he's guaranteed another crack at it that just beggars belief. 

18 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

Listening to McGlynn post match, I'm sorry but the man is deluded.

You have to seriously question his judgement.

Davidson was fucking honking when he was on the pitch - Arbroath's best player.

I agree with some of his comments. He hits the nail on the head with the comments about Vaughan, Armstrong and Hendry (could maybe add Nisbet to that list since he was injured). Losing those three has killed us. Take them out the team and all you have is a dodgy defence and jobbers.

1 minute ago, Scary Bear said:

I agree with some of his comments. He hits the nail on the head with the comments about Vaughan, Armstrong and Hendry (could maybe add Nisbet to that list since he was injured). Losing those three has killed us. Take them out the team and all you have is a dodgy defence and jobbers.

I entirely agree, but Mcglynn has had a window to address that. 

Anyway, onto next season and the complete rebuild. 

4 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

I entirely agree, but Mcglynn has had a window to address that. 

Anyway, onto next season and the complete rebuild. 

I assume he had a budget too. Much as he’d probably like to he can’t afford to get a new squad in the January transfer window. 

I don’t think he’s done a great job but I think the injuries to the various star turns haven’t helped.

How do you replace the likes of Vaughan and Armstrong? He’s tried to with McGuffie and Dingwall. Is Barojnas meant to be the new Hendry? Just not the same.

Edited by Scary Bear

1 minute ago, Scary Bear said:

I assume he had a budget too. Much as he’d probably like to he can’t afford to get a new squad in the January transfer window. 

I don’t think he’s done a great job but I think the injuries to the various star turns haven’t helped.

How do you replace the likes of Vaughan and Armstrong? He’s tried to with McGuffie and Dingwall. Just not the same.

I'm more getting at the fact he hadn't addressed the clusterfuck of a defence.