The New Raith Rovers Thread

People keep saying McGlynn needs time to assemble his own squad, he has signed or given new deals to 6 out of the 11 that started today plus another couple who didn't start for different reasons. That excuse is wearing a wee bit thin now for me.

That was embarrassing. We never won a single 1 on 1 battle with any Arbroath player. Nat is so unbelievably slow he leaves so much space for the opposition to exploit and nobody on the field today had the ability, desire or intelligence (or all three) to cover for him. Well done Arbroath by far the better team.

When McGlynn comes out with the usual drivel of “we played well and they only had one chance and scored”, I hope someone has the balls to ask him, but we didn’t have a single chance on target in a self-proclaimed must win game, how is that playing well?

4 minutes ago, Daysgoneby said:

When McGlynn comes out with the usual drivel of “we played well and they only had one chance and scored”, I hope someone has the balls to ask him, but we didn’t have a single chance on target in a self-proclaimed must win game, how is that playing well?

Maybe ask him during training? 

Full on crisis point now in the Raith Rovers banter years. We are absolutely stinking, no doubt about it. With Vaughan we could just about get by but without him we’re lost.

Being entirely serious, we might not make the play-offs. We really are that bad. It’s maybe not his style but I’d really like to see McGlynn come out and give the players the slating they fully deserve.

Interested to see who people would pick to stay in the team for next season. (If contracts weren’t an issue).

Only players I’d want back is:
Bene, McKay, Gills, Wedderburn, Dingwall, Vaughan and Nisbet.

(Matthews and Muz just *maybe* bench players, Not seen enough of Lyness to call.)

Dunno if I’m being too soft keeping all these though

Just now, Tony Stark(s Park) said:

Interested to see who people would pick to stay in the team for next season. (If contracts weren’t an issue).

Only players I’d want back is:
Bene, McKay, Gills, Wedderburn, Dingwall, Vaughan and Nisbet.

(Matthews and Muz just *maybe* bench players, Not seen enough of Lyness to call.)

Dunno if I’m being too soft keeping all these though

Vaughan and Nisbet. Possibly Wedderburn. Think that’s about it.

Also, I think we should seriously consider getting a priest in to piss in all 4 corners of the plastic pitch, while naked fans dance around the centre circle burning effigies of Gary F Locke, Yogi and Eric Drysdale, while Gordon Adamson shouts over the tannoy “YOU HAVE DAMAGED THE PITCH!”

Someone needs to do something!