The New Raith Rovers Thread

If they are not willing to stand for a few minutes to buy a ticket before the game said casual fan really doesn't want to go.

I stood in a pretty small queue for at least 10 minutes waiting to buy the 'friend for a fiver' ticket when we played Forfar and it's very slow moving. If we have the staff it may be worth trying to also open the two windows at the front, on top of the two at the side, to speed the process up. However, giving the turnstile operator a set amount of tickets and handing them out and counting the takings vs tickets issued seems the smartest way to go on Saturday.

I'm a super fan so have a season ticket so no issues here *smirks*.

Basically everyone bar the season ticket holders could be classed as a casual/occasional/big game fan. Making it more hassle than it needs to be to attend isn’t going to turn them into regulars.
If done properly it's barely even a hassle. Queue up, hand over money and get a ticket. Wander over to the turnstile which won't have much of a queue as people coming up will be staggered by the first queue and head in.

25 minutes ago, true_rover said:
5 hours ago, Scary Bear said:
Basically everyone bar the season ticket holders could be classed as a casual/occasional/big game fan. Making it more hassle than it needs to be to attend isn’t going to turn them into regulars.

If done properly it's barely even a hassle. Queue up, hand over money and get a ticket. Wander over to the turnstile which won't have much of a queue as people coming up will be staggered by the first queue and head in.

That's the case at EEP, with the cash being centralised you have less chance of individual turnstiles running out of change etc.

2 hours ago, Grant228 said:

That's the case at EEP, with the cash being centralised you have less chance of individual turnstiles running out of change etc.

The one time I was at EEP and had to purchase a ticket from the ticket office, the staff at EEP gave up in the end and opened a cash gate due to the lengthy queues.

3 hours ago, true_rover said:
8 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

We do have a lot of season tickets so you could be right. We’ll find out Saturday.

I’d now be happy if we could just go on a good run of form. And finish a strong 2nd. 

The worst thing (other than missing out on the play offs) would be if we miraculously got within touching distance of Arbroath only to fluff it on the final day....again.

The gaffer needs to do something drastic with the defence, it’s looking like the root of all our woes.

I stood in a pretty small queue for at least 10 minutes waiting to buy the 'friend for a fiver' ticket when we played Forfar and it's very slow moving. If we have the staff it may be worth trying to also open the two windows at the front, on top of the two at the side, to speed the process up. However, giving the turnstile operator a set amount of tickets and handing them out and counting the takings vs tickets issued seems the smartest way to go on Saturday.

I'm a super fan so have a season ticket so no issues here *smirks*.

Tbf I couldnt understand the season ticket holder just saying at the gate "he is with me" and do away with the ticket idea that day. Do they not trust the turnstile staff??

On 2/13/2019 at 07:48, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

Aye, the club stating that we've blown it would get the punters flooding through the fucked turnstiles right enough. 

A cursory glance at the league table confirms that already; not sure who exactly your club is hoping to fool on that score.