The New Raith Rovers Thread

A classic statement from someone who’s never played the game before. The reason we allowed Gray and Stevenson to hug the touch line is because we want to keep a compact back 4. If we went tight on them, there would be a massive space in the middle for their forward players to run in to. You’ll notice that no goals, or even decent chances came from them having that space on the touchline?

This is something we can’t do. A compact 4 will always invite pressure. Other teams double up on our wingers or forward squad players., and yet are able to keep a relatively strong formation. It’s something we can’t quite figure out.

Dunfermline in the playoff final would be fantastic. We would expect to lose, if we get beat it’s not a massive shame, we get the wee team pelters but most folk seem to think we will spend another season in league 1 anyway... but if we relegate Dunfermline... oh my. That turns such a shite shite season into one that will be remembered for years

All this is probs slim chances but I like to like in dreamland every now and then.

All the evidence you need is that we’ll be playing in League 1 next season, but if Dunfermline do drop in to the play offs and we relegate them and lose the final, it’ll take away some of the utter dirge we’ve witnessed for most of the season. That’s assuming we make the play offs. Before I get lynched from other clubs fans

21 minutes ago, MoanEhRaith said:

Personally, I loved the passion and enthusiasm from the young men at the back of the lower tier on Saturday, a great addition to the support, something we’ve been missing for a while - obviously willing they behave themselves.

Noticed quite a few folk upset saying they'll only be there for the big games, but that superfan attitude is fucking dire. They were the same against Forfar. I'd be delighted if they came and caused a racket every week tbh.

Noticed quite a few folk upset saying they'll only be there for the big games, but that superfan attitude is fucking dire. They were the same against Forfar. I'd be delighted if they came and caused a racket every week tbh.

It’s the folk that say ‘where are these fans every week’ surely people should know by now big games attract big crowds. People are happy to make a day of it for the big games. I for one am always chuffed when we get the big crowds and can’t wait for the next one. But fully agree with the lads making the noise, makes a massive difference.

Apart from the goals they scored and subs I hardly heard a peep from the Hibs fans, pretty shocking. Took till they were 3-0 up for the boy with the drum top right at the furthest away stand to us to pipe up. (Still never heard any fans, just the drum) Embarrassing for them.

5 hours ago, Tony Stark(s Park) said:

I still have a very slim hope of the league, posted on the game thread why but if it is the playoffs this would be my ideal situation.

Play East Fife. We’ve not won against them yet but to be honest I don’t fancy going to Angus again.

Dunfermline in the playoff final would be fantastic. We would expect to lose, if we get beat it’s not a massive shame, we get the wee team pelters but most folk seem to think we will spend another season in league 1 anyway... but if we relegate Dunfermline... oh my. That turns such a shite shite season into one that will be remembered for years

All this is probs slim chances but I like to like in dreamland every now and then.

Fuck,_That's_Delicious_logo.png

18 minutes ago, AlloaAdam said:

Has crane really been that bad for you guys? Was excellent for us last year, would have had him again in a heartbeat.

He's been the definition of average. Looks like a decent enough league 1 player, no more.

However he may have been "Rovered". 

It’s the folk that say ‘where are these fans every week’ surely people should know by now big games attract big crowds. People are happy to make a day of it for the big games. I for one am always chuffed when we get the big crowds and can’t wait for the next one. But fully agree with the lads making the noise, makes a massive difference.

Apart from the goals they scored and subs I hardly heard a peep from the Hibs fans, pretty shocking. Took till they were 3-0 up for the boy with the drum top right at the furthest away stand to us to pipe up. (Still never heard any fans, just the drum) Embarrassing for them.

Not really embarrassing at all though is it?If you were playing a team from two divisions below you I doubt the atmosphere would be raucous.

If even half of the "fans" that turned up to the pars game every second week that don't normally, we would have 2000 home fans? Imagine what that small difference could do for the clubs funds (I could be wrong, but I think we got roughly that the last time we escaped from the seaside)

The young guys have been great the past few games, long may it continue. Without the flares of course.

The hibs support was poor on Saturday but, Scotland were playing along the road, they don't have a manager and they were playing a game against a team from 2 leagues down. Big game for us, not so much them in the grand scheme of things. Still a great day out for us at a stadium we've enjoyed so many games in.

For comparison, the attendance at the Hearts game - on a Sunday against a Junior side - was a kick in the arse off 15,000. Ticket prices were:

Adult: £15
Student/Over 65/Under 18/ESA : £10
Under 16: £5

Edited by Scary Bear

22 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Seen many people saying they should get season tickets, they have been season ticket holders for many years, they have just begun sitting with each other recently. It's maybe a coincidence that McGylnn asked for a better home atmosphere?

7 minutes ago, Easy Days for Raith said:

Seen many people saying they should get season tickets, they have been season ticket holders for many years, they have just begun sitting with each other recently. It's maybe a coincidence that McGylnn asked for a better home atmosphere?

I agree that they have done well in acting upon McGlynn's request, is there an area that they are welcome to stand or have they already got one? I feel as though it would be good for us all to get behind the lads as they are -after all - the future of our support.