The New Raith Rovers Thread

54 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

It reminded me a bit of the late, late penalty we conceded against Albion Rovers last season. Two points gone because of an inability to carry out the most basic elements of defending.

I remember watching as the boy ran forward with the ball wondering how nobody bothered to half the lad. Over the last year we've had a distinct lack of players who'll take one for the team. Nat actually did the role a bit more effectively on Saturday.

13 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

I remember watching as the boy ran forward with the ball wondering how nobody bothered to half the lad. Over the last year we've had a distinct lack of players who'll take one for the team. Nat actually did the role a bit more effectively on Saturday.

It's a bit of an old fashioned and maybe outdated statement, but I do feel our team are "too nice" on the whole. 

You wonder why Barry Smith quit? As according to the board there weren’t any issues! I think Barry realised that he blew the 1st season big time and he knew this season he was going to struggle with the squad he assembled so balled out on the back of a good result so not to damaged his already poor managerial record. Now Mcglynn is being blamed for poor performances  from a Barry Smith assembled squad , Apart from dropping a defender who IMO should be Davo and replaced by McKay there is not much more he can do as he is stuck with what he has but as I’ve stated previously some of the players attitude stinks , with lack of effort  and desire. On the whole the Players Mcglynn has brought in  have improved the squad with Crane ,Barjonas Dingwall ,and Lyness who I believe will prove to be better than Thomson .

McGlynn is being blamed because the results aren't good enough and we are chucking points away from a winning position. Smith's squad or not, that squad should be doing better. 

None of this detracts from the fact Smith should've been launched straight into the Firth of Forth at the end of last season.