The New Raith Rovers Thread

I remember even further back beating them 2-1 in 1998. I didn't actually make the game though, as I was extremely hungover!
Should be a good day out
The John Millar game. We had both tiers behind the goal and by my misty-eyed recollections we filled them - We probably didn't, but it felt like whole of Kirkcaldy qas there. A great day out.

Hoping the date and time is confirmed soon. Trying to see if I can justify travelling up again for the next round. I've not seen the Rovers lose in my last six visits so will take full credit if I make it and they win and zero responsibility for a loss.

Hoping the date and time is confirmed soon. Trying to see if I can justify travelling up again for the next round. I've not seen the Rovers lose in my last six visits so will take full credit if I make it and they win and zero responsibility for a loss.

Anyone want to start a GoFundMe page for this dude so we can get him up for all the big games

9 minutes ago, Tony Stark(s Park) said:

Anyone want to start a GoFundMe page for this dude so we can get him up for all the big games

5 minutes ago, ListerRRFC said:
9 minutes ago, Tony Stark(s Park) said:

To be fair, I was at the Alloa game for the last game of the season and that might as well have been a loss.

I'm out.

The John Millar game. We had both tiers behind the goal and by my misty-eyed recollections we filled them - We probably didn't, but it felt like whole of Kirkcaldy qas there. A great day out.

Was that game as far back as ‘98!? Bloody hell.

I seem to remember that they had only opened the bottom tier initially until it was apparent that most of Kirkcaldy was coming over and they eventually opened the top tier.

I remember sprinting up the stairs to get prime seats. Can’t remember f*ck all else about the game right enough.
Easter road has been quite a happy hunting ground for us over the years though.

Was that game as far back as ‘98!? Bloody hell.

I seem to remember that they had only opened the bottom tier initially until it was apparent that most of Kirkcaldy was coming over and they eventually opened the top tier.

I remember sprinting up the stairs to get prime seats. Can’t remember f*ck all else about the game right enough.
Easter road has been quite a happy hunting ground for us over the years though.
I was in the bottom tier that day, top tier seemed like it was the better atmosphere
I must have been late - was upstairs - great atmosphere. Recall a volley from Millar and being 16 at the time, some (Omega) cider-fuelled scenes. [emoji106]

Good return to work today, tried to be as humble and gracious as possible to my fellow Pars colleagues as they were feeling tender. 

Interestingly enough, a guy at my work who supports one of the ugly sisters completely changed his opninion of Vaughan. He never understood why we rate him but he watched his goals on Sportscene and thought his goals were crackers. 

Glad to see the club taking such a strong approach on the wee p***ks who threw the flares. The fact they were all pissing themselves when doing it shows they didn't care what happened. Luckily they didn't appear to be regulars but rather kids who just thought they hijack the moment. It's going to be an tough and expensive lesson for them now.

Also see it's basically confirmed Armstrong is away. On his day a match winner but over the past month and certainly the last few games he's been wanting to do it all himself and not really looked like the team player at need. Dingwall on the other hand looks a great replacement but still think we are a player short up top. Given that we've made him apparently a very good offer and now with the added cup money maybe an extra player or two can head our way.

9 minutes ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

Glad to see the club taking such a strong approach on the wee p***ks who threw the flares. The fact they were all pissing themselves when doing it shows they didn't care what happened. Luckily they didn't appear to be regulars but rather kids who just thought they hijack the moment. It's going to be an tough and expensive lesson for them now.

Also see it's basically confirmed Armstrong is away. On his day a match winner but over the past month and certainly the last few games he's been wanting to do it all himself and not really looked like the team player at need. Dingwall on the other hand looks a great replacement but still think we are a player short up top. Given that we've made him apparently a very good offer and now with the added cup money maybe an extra player or two can head our way.

Dingwall said on Raith TV that he prefers the left hand side. Thats where his assist came vs Airdrie even though he was supposed to be Right Wing replacement for Armstrong. Can flanny play on the right? (not that he has been 'playing' well) So as JM said a couple weeks back he wants competition and 3 wingers, although Lewis Vaughan can technically be a winger you seen what damage he can do beinnd the striker so i would love to see a new right winger, should probably be our main target in my opinion, main question is who?

On 1/10/2019 at 15:31, Tony Stark(s Park) said:

Btw how fucking fantastic is Lewis Vaughan. What a man.

Quite frankly he should be in the championship, his quality is there and most people know it.

He has been screwed with a few injuries and I’d imagine the Raith medical bill for him is quite high over the years.

Loyalty is something you don’t see much of these days in modern football but that is exactly what Lewis is doing, being loyal to the club he signed with as a youth!

What a man you are Lewis Vaughan

My post from when Lewis Vaughan signed a new deal...

Then he goes and scores a hatty against the pars... 

I'll repeat.. WHAT A MAN YOU ARE LEWIS VAUGHAN