The New Raith Rovers Thread

That's a really good draw for us. Hibs will beat us, undoubtedly. But financially it's a great draw. Easy access for our fans to get over on the train, a great selections of pubs near by (The Mash Tun will inevitably be bouncing again). Also, it should attract a good crowd. Unlike the old firm, if you're away to Hibs and Hearts in the cup they generally tend to show up for their ties in the earlier rounds in good numbers. 

Also, it'll bring back some lovely memories of...

Hibs away. Easy to get to and a bit of money for the club. Chances of getting through the tie?

Not the draw I wanted but better than having to go to Dumfries or Inverness.
The club would probably like the TV money but 3pm Saturday is what I'd prefer. Should be quite safe on that as Premier Sports will be choking for the Rangers and Celtic ties and the BBC will take Hearts vs Auchinleck. That leaves 1 game, but with a Highland derby, potential all premier league tie in Aberdeen/Dundee and St Mirren hosting Dundee United, we'll be well down the list.

5 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

In all honesty, I was dreading a game like one of the Saints or Ross County at home. One we'd lose, but we'd not really see much benefit from. Hibs away should hopefully see a decent 7,000-8,000 attendance. 

Hibs average home attendance is 17, 564.

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/scottish-premiership/attendances

#bigtime

Only 7,082 for Elgin game yesterday though, so who knows.

Edited by Scary Bear

1 minute ago, Scary Bear said:

Hibs average home attendance is 17, 564.

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/scottish-premiership/attendances

#bigtime

Aye, I went just off yesterday having 6,000 or  and ourselves bringing over a good number. If we got anything over what I'm expecting, I'd be delighted. 

Just now, Broken Algorithms said:

Aye, I went just off yesterday having 6,000 or  and ourselves bringing over a good number. If we got anything over what I'm expecting, I'd be delighted. 

It was £22 to get into Easter Road yesterday. Elgin played hardball when it came to agreeing the gate price.

Hopefully the Rovers are a wee bit more accommodating, and a decent number of folk are encouraged to turn out for both sides. 

I remember even further back beating them 2-1 in 1998. I didn't actually make the game though, as I was extremely hungover!
Should be a good day out

I remember that as well, we were in the upper tier if I’m not mistaken. Was bouncing.