The New Raith Rovers Thread

51 minutes ago, Tony Stark(s Park) said:

Really getting sick and tired or Armstrong now. Been shite for about 3 games now. I’d sit him down, tell him to either f**k off or play as a teams. We already have a replacement in Dingwall who looked better than Armstrong did past couple games

Agreed. I’ve seen folk on here saying he’s our best player. I am astonished at this viewpoint. He’s been a very selfish player the last couple of games i’ve seen him. If I was a watching scout there’s no danger i’d recommend signing him. Needs to learn that he’s only one of 11 players and he needs to work with his teammates to win games. If Dingwall looked the business then i’d play him ahead of Armstrong for the Pars game.

Hopefully we can get a cup run or at least get the team playing a bit better before we hit the play-offs. I’m away to the Scottish Cup thread. Can’t see the mood of the Pars fans being that great given recent results.

Really getting sick and tired or Armstrong now. Been shite for about 3 games now. I’d sit him down, tell him to either f**k off or play as a teams. We already have a replacement in Dingwall who looked better than Armstrong did past couple games

I fully agree, wasn’t at the game today but the since the East Fife game it’s been tools down, or he’ll go for the spectacular playing for the watching scout, example of this was last week where he could’ve squared it to Buchanan for a tap in. As good as he has been, I some how feel as though Flanagan is better, and I don’t really know why, but I just think he is.

Let’s just beat The Pars next week, and follow that up with the Scottish Cup win in May, that’ll make up for another shite show in the playoffs.

I wasn’t sure what to make of Armstrong today. Anyone can have a bad game, and to be honest, pretty much everyone had just that in the first 45 minutes, but his withdrawal pretty much turned the game for us.

Was it a bad game, or is he just disinterested since he’s possibly swapping places with Tony Dingwall in Dingwall?

I don’t know, and as much as I think Armstrong is the superior player if he’s up for it, I’d be happy if McGlynn went with Dingwall wide right next week.

As for the title, it’s gone, but considering Arbroath are in line to pick up more points than this division’s last three winners, Dunfermline, Livingston and Ayr, who were all full time, you can only really say fair play.

I wasn’t sure what to make of Armstrong today. Anyone can have a bad game, and to be honest, pretty much everyone had just that in the first 45 minutes, but his withdrawal pretty much turned the game for us.

Was it a bad game, or is he just disinterested since he’s possibly swapping places with Tony Dingwall in Dingwall?

I don’t know, and as much as I think Armstrong is the superior player if he’s up for it, I’d be happy if McGlynn went with Dingwall wide right next week.

As for the title, it’s gone, but considering Arbroath are in line to pick up more points than this division’s last three winners, Dunfermline, Livingston and Ayr, who were all full time, you can only really say fair play.

Completely agree. However if Arbroath have done this we have to ask why we couldn't as well. We have a bigger budget, get over double their crowds and are surely a better attraction yet they've put our efforts to shame in all aspects.

And to think when Dick Campbell was interviewed for the job in the summer of 2017 there were many on here who laughed and baulked at the idea.

Completely agree. However if Arbroath have done this we have to ask why we couldn't as well. We have a bigger budget, get over double their crowds and are surely a better attraction yet they've put our efforts to shame in all aspects.

And to think when Dick Campbell was interviewed for the job in the summer of 2017 there were many on here who laughed and baulked at the idea.

Because we don’t have a goalkeeper as good as Darren Jamieson, we don’t have a centre half that’s as good as Tom O’Brien, we don’t have a winger who’s as good as Bobby Linn, we don’t have a central midfielder who’s as creative as Gavin Swankie and we don’t have a front two who combine as well as Ryan Wallace and Michael McKenna.

We might have bigger crowds than Arbroath, but we might have a far higher debt to contend with, or players might be unwilling to sign for Scotland's lowest full time team or want to go to Scotland's second best part time team. McGuigan1978 has pointed out we're weaker in various areas, for me particularly in the centre of midfield for creativity. At times we can be excellent, but in other games we've got no drive or pressure on the opposition. 

9 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

Because we don’t have a goalkeeper as good as Darren Jamieson, we don’t have a centre half that’s as good as Tom O’Brien, we don’t have a winger who’s as good as Bobby Linn, we don’t have a central midfielder who’s as creative as Gavin Swankie and we don’t have a front two who combine as well as Ryan Wallace and Michael McKenna.

You don’t have a centre half as good as Ricki Little either to be fair,  goes under the radar a lot, Absolutely solid, 

Swankie was best player on park today, He isn’t just creative, out of no where after 35 years he had learned to tackle, 

1 hour ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

Spot on.

We could have saved a fucking fortune in wages given the amount of time away from the job he spent.

Looking at the highlights it looked soft but definitely a pen, Murray must have been bloody close to be offside. looks like it could have gone either way so a draw loks about right and that's the reason we are 13 points off the leaders.

I wouldn't say we are a big scalp but seems to me there is a clear reason why directors at other teams will be more than glad to see us stay down. All joking aside the Raith £ is a great thing for the coffers of the other clubs in this league.

In 8 of the 9  (I couldn't find a gate figure for their Stenny game) home games against the other teams played so far this season Airdrie have averaged 742 fans at their games, in the two games against Rovers there have been an average of 1130, more than 50% up on what other teams bring?  Of course they want us to stay down.

Conversely the reverse is true and the longer we stay down the more likely we are to stay here longer yet.  More good news if you are a director of 8 of the other 9.