The New Raith Rovers Thread

5 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Unless he is Armstrongs replacement

Quite possibly, but McGlynn did say he wanted two wingers, ideally Armstrong to re-sign and A.N.Other (Tony Kirkcaldy, there) so that he had competition for the wide/number 10 spot. I still think Milne will be off. it's just not really happened for him.

By the way, did I read that right - until the end of 19/20? We're just taking big 'ol risks on players not working out now...

Also, nice to have a ginger back in the side. 

Edited by renton

I think he’s been signed as a wide player. JM said he wanted to add a wide player to the squad and 2 if Armstrong leaves.

I imagine if Armstrong was going to stay he’d have signed up by now unfortunately. Would expect him to leave after the Pars game and wouldn’t be surprised if there was something to the Anthony McDonald rumour coming in on loan to replace him.

19 minutes ago, renton said:

Quite possibly, but McGlynn did say he wanted two wingers, ideally Armstrong to re-sign and A.N.Other (Tony Kirkcaldy, there) so that he had competition for the wide/number 10 spot. I still think Milne will be off. it's just not really happened for him.

By the way, did I read that right - until the end of 19/20? We're just taking big 'ol risks on players not working out now...

Also, nice to have a ginger back in the side. 

Good point, that’s 6 players signed up next year already isn’t it? From my memory we have: Nisbet, Flanagan, Vaughan, Benedictus, Dingwall and Gillespie already contracted for next season. 

The basis of a decent squad but I’d imagine if we stay down we’ll be going to a  FT/PT hybrid, so we’d probably be unlikely to see too many full time players added to those currently retained.

ETA: Just checked and Thomson, Murray and Watson all appear to be signed up next year also. Can’t ever remember us handing out so many two year deals.

Edited by R.R.FC

Good point, that’s 6 players signed up next year already isn’t it? From my memory we have: Nisbet, Flanagan, Vaughan, Benedictus, Dingwall and Gillespie already contracted for next season. 
The basis of a decent squad but I’d imagine if we stay down we’ll be going to a  FT/PT hybrid, so we’d probably be unlikely to see too many full time players added to those currently retained.
ETA: Just checked and Thomson, Murray and Watson all appear to be signed up next year also. Can’t ever remember us handing out so many two year deals.
I recall Gillespie having a non promotion clause in his contract, so it's no a given that he will be here next season.

Staggy fan at my work on Tony Dingwall. “Amazing on his debut and 2nd game. Left footed and can play either wing but his best position is as an attacking central midfielder. Box to box player”

Considering, that clause is never mentioned by the clubs and wasn’t in the article at the time, I’m intrigued as to how you claim to know this?

I may be making it up... I remember seing it/ hearing it at the time from an official source. I'm sure it was the reason he signed for us. Again I could be making it up.

Not claiming to be itk or anything. Just what I remember. My memory is shocking though in fairness.

I may be making it up... I remember seing it/ hearing it at the time from an official source. I'm sure it was the reason he signed for us. Again I could be making it up. 
Not claiming to be itk or anything. Just what I remember. My memory is shocking though in fairness.

It makes sense, especially considering at the start of the season the board were quite insistent that no promotion would mean serious thoughts of going part time.
With the players we've signed up for next season I presume we will have full time players around the club regardless of what level we are at, but that wasn't the impression given in the early summer.

It makes sense, especially considering at the start of the season the board were quite insistent that no promotion would mean serious thoughts of going part time.
With the players we've signed up for next season I presume we will have full time players around the club regardless of what level we are at, but that wasn't the impression given in the early summer.
Yeah. It would have protected both us and himself if it is the case. Unless the players that have signed, have signed pt contracts which is unlikely, we will be at least partly full time next season. I'm not sure mcglynn would want to work with a hybrid of pt/ft again either though in any case

2 hours ago, Tony Stark(s Park) said:

Love that the youngsters are going out on loan, no point keeping them here if they aren’t playing

We all raved about Craig Easton but who has come through the youth development squad from the last few seasons. With the exception of David Bates, nobody , that's how many. IMO league 1 players aged 19 years old and are not breaking into the team are not going to make it. These 2 players going on loan I fear are the start of the process of releasing of them both in the summer

Edited by foreverarover

6 minutes ago, foreverarover said:

We all raved about Craig Easton but who has come through the youth development squad from the last few seasons. With the exception of David Bates, nobody , that's how many. IMO league 1 players aged 19 years old and are not breaking into the team are not going to make it. These 2 players going on loan I fear are the start of the process of releasing of them both in the summer

Think some of them play for East Fife now.

As for Easton, can’t do much better than win the league.