The New Raith Rovers Thread

There is no way we'd win a play off regardless. All about next season now tbh.

We don’t win the playoff this year then we’ll be down here for a few more years. Either Falkirk or Partick( or both) may well be in this league next year and I wouldn’t fancy our chances in a title race with either team tbh.

13 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

We don’t win the playoff this year then we’ll be down here for a few more years. Either Falkirk or Partick( or both) may well be in this league next year and I wouldn’t fancy our chances in a title race with either team tbh.

Yeah. I do think we're in for the long haul then. We'll need McGlynn to get in early with his signings for next year. Convinced we need changes at centre back as much as anything. 

3 hours ago, renton said:

Yeah. I do think we're in for the long haul then. We'll need McGlynn to get in early with his signings for next year. Convinced we need changes at centre back as much as anything. 

I'd agree with that. The combination of Bene and Davo is two players who are both competent at this level, but don't seem to work well together.  I'd far rather we started giving McKay game time in favour of one of them. He's an excellent prospect, who continues to get sold short by managers who prefer experience. We really do need an out and out right back though. From what I've seen, Watson doesn't look like he'll make the grade (would love to be proven wrong), and Murray and Gillespie and both square pegs in a round hole. 

There's also a good number of players who I'd hope we could try to attract to add creativity to the team.  Short term we'd obviously want Regan Hendry back asap but McGlynn was really open about his admiration of Harry Paton when we played Stenhousemuir. The main sticking point would be if he has played any games yet for Ross County (he might have in the league cup) which would mean he can't play for a third team this season. The other standout would be Dylan Easton who at times looks well below his level. I'd be confident if we signed Easton that McGlynn could help him really kick on. 

Davidson is always some degree of a risk but McGlynn generally goes with him ahead of McKay. I'm prepared to assume that McKay's got something to work on before he's seen as the best option.

We obviously don’t see them train every week but McGlynn surely has to give Bene-McKay a go sooner rather than later. Davo is done as far as I am concerned, I think teams have realised he can be a liability for us.

What would that matter when we would still have Mcglynn in charge. 
What about mcglynn is it you hate Frank? He has a proven record of building a team to get us out of this league and challenging for promotion in the league above while getting us to a Scottish Cup semi. He isn't a miracle worker and is working with the unbalanced squad left by Smith. The league is gone not because of anything him or Smith in fairness have done but because arbroath are just too bloody consistent.

Am I the only one that would have Bene out the team before Davo? Granted neither have been great this season so it’s a bit of a toss up but I think Bene gets way more slack because of the player he was.

Can count the number of impressive games he’s had since his injury on one hand. I really like him and would love him to return to his pre injury form but I’m starting to doubt that player still exists.

What’s McKay done to sit on the bench so often. Does McGlynn not rate him. What’s he doing in training that displeases him. It’s odd how such a player with good potential sits out so much. Bene isn’t the player he used to be and Davo is liability. We either put some faith in him or loan him out

4 hours ago, Enigma said:

We obviously don’t see them train every week but McGlynn surely has to give Bene-McKay a go sooner rather than later. Davo is done as far as I am concerned, I think teams have realised he can be a liability for us.

I still think Davo is an excellent player (he looked solid earlier this season when I was at a game) and want him to stay for many years, but maybe keeping him out of the starting team would do him good? Have a horrible feeling Watson or McKay will be kept out of the team, leave and end up like Bates.  

I still think Davo is an excellent player (he looked solid earlier this season when I was at a game) and want him to stay for many years, but maybe keeping him out of the starting team would do him good? Have a horrible feeling Watson or McKay will be kept out of the team, leave and end up like Bates.  

There’s 0 chance that Watson will end up like Bates. :lol:

3 minutes ago, Athlete29 said:

Davidson will be 35 next month.

Think a lot of Rovers fans think Davo is far better than he is. Worth remembering he’s not even really a centre back.
Davo has never considered himself a cb from what iv been told, but, just gets on with it. Davo has been good for us at this level. He takes alot of stick from fans (myself included at times) but he has been committed and gave his all both spells he's had at the club.