The New Raith Rovers Thread

On 04/12/2018 at 19:27, WSDR 88 said:

As above, I’ve been looking at what is our current strongest XI in an ideal everyone’s fit world, I think I’d opt for this -
IMG_2334.jpg
If SJM brings in a RB in January, which I suspect he will then Gillespie will move in to Centre Mid alongside Big Nat, in-place of Matthews. Really struggling to see where Hendry if his loan is extended beyond January would fit in. Personally Big Nat is no.1 on the team sheet in midfield, so can’t drop him.

There’s also the thing if Armstrong doesn’t sign an extension then Vaughan could play out wide and Hendry would then get back in to the middle...

Buzzing though that Flanagan & Nisbet have both signed extensions.

I’d say if all our central midfielders are fit then Hendry would be first name on the team sheet 

They all have individual qualities but he’s closest to becoming a complete midfield player 

Love big Nat though 

2 hours ago, Sheevedaw said:

His performance last weekend reminded me of the time he bodied Scott Brown in that cup game.

Candidate for Captain one day. I hope he stays for quite some time.

Good laddie.

He's a different player when he's played in the middle consistently.  Managers trying to shoehorn him in as a winger has never been an answer. It's easy to forget at times that he's only 22.

He's a different player when he's played in the middle consistently.  Managers trying to shoehorn him in as a winger has never been an answer. It's easy to forget at times that he's only 22.
How long has he been with us? Am I right in thinking he was in the youth setup with Lewis and Ross C?

28 minutes ago, Sheevedaw said:
33 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

How long has he been with us? Am I right in thinking he was in the youth setup with Lewis and Ross C?

Yes. Made his debut in season 2013-14,  when Paul Smith was with us before and Grant Murray was manager. First start in the Cup tie at Celtic Park in 2015-16 under Raymond.

Edited by Niall Russell