The New Raith Rovers Thread

Just a quick question, is anybody as impressed with Buchanan recently, especially yesterday, as me? Thought yesterday he was absolutely outstanding.

I posted in the match thread, I was personally wanting Buchanan to jack it in, as he was finished and looked finished... but since McGlynn has come in, and Buchanan’s come back in to the team, he’s been absolutely brilliant, his work rate has been exceptional and his link up play has been massively important to how we’re scoring goals and creating.

Thought it was a bit ridiculous that the fans had picked Armstrong as their MOTM yesterday.

He didn’t do very much :lol:

Matthews was my MOTM. Wedderburn, Buchanan and Davo were close contenders

It was the match sponsor who chose Armstrong.

When the club does have a match sponsor, they should also announce a fans motm. Otherwise what’s the point in folk doing it on the app.

Just watched the Arbroath v Stenny highlights, strikes me that if any team were to do to Bobby Linn what Arbroath so successfully did to Vaughan at Starks Park then they wouldn’t be quite so potent.

I hate non football but sometimes maybe you have to fight fire with fire. 

Just watched the Arbroath v Stenny highlights, strikes me that if any team were to do to Bobby Linn what Arbroath so successfully did to Vaughan at Starks Park then they wouldn’t be quite so potent.

I hate non football but sometimes maybe you have to fight fire with fire. 

[emoji23]

Teams do it every week to him

Less of your shite or we're going after Nisbet next

10 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Teams do it every week to him

Less of your shite or we're going after Nisbet next

Oh go on then I'll bite, just how many game has Linn missed due to injuries?

As for the Nisbet comment, I'd honestly expect nothing less of any team sent out by Uncle Fester, he's got plenty of form there.

Edited by Scottydog
Imoji

Part and parcel of football unfortunately it’s fair enough tactics from Campbell. They were up against arguably the best player in the league on his day and our biggest creative force I’d expect Arbroath to do whatever they could to keep him quiet. Kicking lumps out of him is probably the most effective way to do that.

If we resort to that approach against Linn in a couple of weeks and it keeps him quiet and we win then I’d be delighted.

19 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

If we resort to that approach against Linn in a couple of weeks and it keeps him quiet and we win then I’d be delighted.

As much as I'd like to think we are better than that and above such shenanigans, I think you're bang on.

When all is said and done the record books won't show that team X kicked the crap of team Y or that team Y 's squad was decimated by injuries just who got promoted and who didn't.

Additionally if at Station Park on Saturday some agricultural type was to put him out of the game for a quarter of the season, that'd be just dandy football .

Edited by Scottydog
Additionally...

Oh go on then I'll bite, just how many game has Linn missed due to injuries?
As for the Nisbet comment, I'd honestly expect nothing less of any team sent out by Uncle Fester, he's got plenty of form there.

And how is that relevant? He gets halved every week. Jamie Hammill nearly put him in 2 last Saturday. He's obviously just not made of chocolate, like Vaughan seems to be.

The issue is that Vaughan is incredibly injury prone. Almost every season he is out for a considerable period.  

Tough tackling is part of the game, especially at this level. Everyone lauds the fact that Matthews bodied Scott Brown at Celtic Park a few years back, it works both ways. 

Plus we have Davidson, so can't really say much. 

I'm assuming the operation on his groin is linked to the injury he sustained against Arbroath as it was reported his injury was to his ankle during that game.

I have no qualms about players being tough tacklers, Davo is one of them and he wiped out an Airdrie player good and proper on Saturday. For what it's worth I don't think we'll go out our way to single out an Arbroath player when we meet again.