The New Raith Rovers Thread

Raith played some really good stuff today, passed the ball on the deck and used the wide pitch with Flanagan & Armstrong to good effect. Bene and Davo were brilliant at the back, covering well for frailties at both full back positions. Matthews after getting caught once on the ball early, totally bossed the game and won every tackle and second ball, plus did all big Nat’s running for him!!! But my man of the match was Buchanan whose movement off the ball into space and link up play created so much for the team.

Armstrong definitely shows the benefit of playing a natural wide player on the right and hopefully he is signed up along with Flanagan beyond January. But what is it with the Raith Media guys and Matt Elder and their love affair with Armstrong that they keep wanting to give him all the plaudits, like not for the first time crediting him with the likes of the cross for Buchanan’s goal when he was nowhere near the ball when it was played in. Really makes you wonder what they are actually watching at times and what to believe from them. Some will say aah but they are only volunteers but some actually get paid for it[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I can say with a fair degree of certainty that the person who wrote this did so because they were in the mistaken belief that Armstrong had crossed the ball, and in addition, doesn’t get paid by the club.

20 minutes ago, johnnymac said:

Hearing from a Falkirk “mate” that they are sniffing round Benedictus for January. Could be shite though

In reality, if we could get in a decent right back, Davidson, McKay, Murray and even Wedderburn still give us plenty of adequate options defensively.

1 hour ago, McGuigan1978 said:

I can say with a fair degree of certainty that the person who wrote this did so because they were in the mistaken belief that Armstrong had crossed the ball, and in addition, doesn’t get paid by the club.

Your in depth analysis must take some time to type so I'll give you the benefit of doubt.what is your experience of any grade of football management or coaching etc?not criticising just interested to know

Chalk and cheese to the style of play under Smith.

I remember having this exact discussion a lot last season, what were we even meant to be doing, there was nothing even evident to say it was playing out or even the hoof punt up to Buchanan, it was just so dislodged, utter vile viewing! We only finished where we were down to our Shite being better than the other shite, and even at that it wasn’t even good enough.

It’s absolutely brilliant seeing us try and play football, I don’t even mind the odd mistake as long as it’s not costly. For example the Forfar Away result, aye terrible we lost that game, but other than Milne (I won’t go over him again), we played well, and I felt annoyed more so to say how did we lose that game, because we really shouldn’t have, where as the 2 games away to Forfar last season I was absolutely raging at how shite we were!

Can Wardy post loads of pictures of League & Scottish Cup, since it’s obvious we’re going to do the double this season. I’m not getting carried away... [emoji102]

Just now, Tony Stark(s Park) said:

The prospect of a full Starks v the pars is mouthwatering as a fan and the club should be able to make quite a pretty penny I’d imagine too!

If in the slight slight chance this game is to be shown on tv does anyone know if this would generate a lot of funds for us? If it’s split etc

Both clubs receive payment, the home club getting a greater share.

The prospect of a full Starks v the pars is mouthwatering as a fan and the club should be able to make quite a pretty penny I’d imagine too!

If in the slight slight chance this game is to be shown on tv does anyone know if this would generate a lot of funds for us? If it’s split etc

I'm sure the figure £80000 per club gets flung around a lot in regards to television money. We'll most likely miss out on being on tv though.