The New Raith Rovers Thread

I would have said about 500. There were some Rovers fans in the stand as well. Didn't look to be more than a couple of hundred home fans. 

Credit to Stenny for giving out teamsheets at the turnstile, asking only for a donation for the programme and for the reasonable admission prices to what is imo the best away end in the league. 

Edited by RR #1

6 hours ago, CALDERON said:

Scary reality is that we probably have to win all our games this year to start the new year with real optimism. 

Hopefully Saturday can act as a confidence boost having actually seen a game out away from home. 

It's also the first game won when wearing the yellow strip.

I see we’re selling the half season tickets again. For anyone thinking about it, I’d urge you to crack on and buy it. This extra cash up front before January could make the difference when it comes to getting a player in when the window opens. First 50 at £110 then £125 thereafter. Hands in pockets, lads.

9 games to use the half season ticket at it starts for East Fife game. That’s 9 games at £15 quid which costs £135. With the price being £125 means if you miss a game you are out of pocket. I understand that season tickets are important for a club but surely they should make more sense financially for people buying them?

9 games to use the half season ticket at it starts for East Fife game. That’s 9 games at £15 quid which costs £135. With the price being £125 means if you miss a game you are out of pocket. I understand that season tickets are important for a club but surely they should make more sense financially for people buying them?

It’s an emotional investment, more than anything else. We want the club to be able to afford the best players. I know loads of folk, including almost everyone I go with, who buy full season books and make an enormous loss on them each season. Why? Because you want the club to do well, and for that to happen we need to stump up.

I’ll probably buy one this month despite probably making no more than 5 home games between now and the end of the season because if it enables us to get someone in in January who makes a difference who fucking cares if you lost out on £50?

Get them bought.

It’s an emotional investment, more than anything else. We want the club to be able to afford the best players. I know loads of folk, including almost everyone I go with, who buy full season books and make an enormous loss on them each season. Why? Because you want the club to do well, and for that to haattheseppen we need to stump up.

I’ll probably buy one this month despite probably making no more than 5 home games between now and the end of the season because if it enables us to get someone in in January who makes a difference who fucking cares if you lost out on £50?

Get them bought.

I’ve already got mine at the start and I bought mine purely for the emotional factor, but I just think these should be aimed at those who would prefer more incentive to invest in our club with their hard work money rather than saving £10

I see your point and I understand but feel like it’s more for people who aren’t on forums like this?

I’ve already got mine at the start and I bought mine purely for the emotional factor, but I just think these should be aimed at those who would prefer more incentive to invest in our club with their hard work money rather than saving £10

I see your point and I understand but feel like it’s more for people who aren’t on forums like this?

Hard one for the club to gauge, though. You cannae give too much of a discount because then the folk who would go and pay the gate every week will buy one and the club misses out on money in the long run. Flip side is they give a minimal discount and they don’t get as good an uptake. I personally think they’ve placed the pricing pretty well and will be able to snare the capital when they need it without missing out on too much over the piece.

They’re relying on folk being more emotional about it and I’d like to think it’ll pay off for them.

Hard one for the club to gauge, though. You cannae give too much of a discount because then the folk who would go and pay the gate every week will buy one and the club misses out on money in the long run. Flip side is they give a minimal discount and they don’t get as good an uptake. I personally think they’ve placed the pricing pretty well and will be able to snare the capital when they need it without missing out on too much over the piece.

They’re relying on folk being more emotional about it and I’d like to think it’ll pay off for them.

Hopefully will pay off, the extra funds for players could be season changing. Especially with all the players JM has brought in being good for us so far!

9 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I see we’re selling the half season tickets again. For anyone thinking about it, I’d urge you to crack on and buy it. This extra cash up front before January could make the difference when it comes to getting a player in when the window opens. First 50 at £110 then £125 thereafter. Hands in pockets, lads.

Ive not had a season ticket for about 10 years but i'd started taking my son to matches this season and he's hooked. My wifes going to Starks this morning to get ours for christmas.